Thread: Ekblad or Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Ekblad or Jones

If you were starting an NHL franchise and has to decide who would be your number 1 dman for the next 15years out of these two who you taking.

I personally take Jones but watching Ekblad at the WJ and in Barrie 3 times this year it is getting a lot closer to me than it was at the start of the season. Wanted to see some of your guys perspective on it.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ekblad or Jones

I think a lot of this question will come down to where Ekblad ends up being drafted, team wise. At first I thought Jones being drafted by NSH was going to be tough for him to flourish in, with the Preds having such a full barn of Dmen. Looking forward it may have been a blessing in disguise for him. He isn't expected to be "the man" back there for them due to the team having a solid group of Dmen and so far, it's seems to be working well for him. If Ekblad goes to a team that brings him along too quickly, and expects too much from him, he could struggle.

Long term, I think it's really too hard to say what one will be the better option as both seem to have all the tools needed to be successful. Right now, Jones looks like the easy pick, but it's also easier to take him due to his early success in the NHL. Until both get in the show, and prove what they can do there, I don't know if anyone can answer this question with full confidence.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."