Thread: Lesser known prospects you follow?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Lesser known prospects you follow?

Ryan Howse - Watched him a few times back in his prime. Boy could he skate when he was 180-185 lbs

Casey Pierro-Zabotel - Watched him in his BCHL days. He floated quite a bit but he had a bomb of a shot and good hockey instincts. Also watched him when he played in a Native Hockey Tournament back in 2007 and he made the best senior hockey players from my area look like total plugs. Zabotel played the entire game without taking a break. I think he scored like 8 goals 8 assists. In junior hockey he was known as a slow skater but in that Hockey Tournament he looked fast compared to everyone else lol. He half arsed for most of the game floating around but when he turned it on he was good

Damien Ketlo - Watched this guy play in Major Midgets and WHL. Good goalie

Les Reaney - This guy was a beast back in his Junior A days

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Lesser known prospects you follow?

Tyler Graovac - Minny prsopect, large, uses body extremely well, needs to find himself fully in AHL and he could become a solid 3rd maybe 2nd line center...

Alan Quine - Smaller pick moving NYI prospect, Detroit drafted him originally and threw him back...

Alexey Marchenko - good Russian puck moving blue liner that is very responsible, behind Sproul and Ouellet, he could be a very interesting Detroit 2nd pairing D in a few years...

Morgan Ellis - slides a bit under the radar in Montreal, but Junior fans I'm sure are aware of him, but i think he qualifies as lesser known compared to Tinordi, and Beaulieu... He might be a minute muncher that can chip in 20-30 points eventually...

Greg Pateryn - starting to get attention, similar to Ellis with more offensive punch...lost most of last year to an injury...

Patrick Cehlin - projects as a good little mid line winger for Nashville... could slide into Nashville in a couple seasons as a below radar kid...

Martin Marincin - Good Slovak D man that for some reason Edmonton doesn't wanna use... he has good size, well rounded I could see him fitting into a minutes eating all situation defenceman behind the offensive studs the Oilers have, at 6-4, he could being some size to the back end and has a great shot... The Oilers need to really screw off with Fedun, Potter and other crap and give this guy 20-30 games...

Tobias Rieder - Smaller German forward that is a pure goal scorer with an elite level shot. His responsibility holds him back but if he ever gets it... 30-40 goals would be a decent project-able ceiling with the right line mates and role... 2 years from getting an oppertunity, but likely to be a top 5 AHL scorer soon, sits 30th as a rookie on an inept Portland team...

Patrik Nemeth - 6-3, 235 pound Swedish blue liner learning to be a big Texan customer. More of a stay at home guy, but I enjoy his play.

Daniil Tarasov - Dynamic Russian forward from the USHL, never drafted but you might see him within a year for the Sharks as a pure one way weapon. He is making a name for himself in the AHL now and should be on peoples radar... I'm not quite sure of projections, but he could be a hidden gem for a building team at the bottom of the standings...

Joni Ortio - Large Finn goalie for Calgary, failed his first North American attempt due to the fact he was playing small, I've seen him play once on a streamed game this year and he looks much better and comfortable for Abbotsford... Personally I feel Berra is a temporary goalie in Calgary, with Brossoit now out, I feel Ortio has little competition for oppertunity until Jon Gillies comes out of NCAA, even then Gillies might be a few years behind...

Laurent Brossoit - reminds me of a more talented Dubnyk... fitting he is in Edmonton considering he played in Rexall for years with the Oil Kings... Oilers should have originally drafted him... He is a legit goalie that will likely only be a mid level stopper at the NHL level but reliable...

Harri Sateri - San Jose keeper, better than Stalock the place holder, having a rough season, but should bounce back...

Audrey Makarov - Made big noise for the Russians before Vasilevski last year, he is a battling goalie with a good skillset... needs to play bigger an consistently, be he could see the NHL within 3 years.

Sergei Gaiduchenko - Huge Russian, 2007 Florida draft pick... He was in Prospect camp this season which surprised me as I never really expected him to cross, but the plot thickens as yesterday Florida's farm team cleared Dov Morris to open room, I thought for Michael Houser, but after a rough start the his KHL season, Gaiduchenko has been released today... he might be crossing... and with 6 KHL seasons under his belt (last year being excellent) he could come in and compete with Markstrom and possibly outplay, getting himself into an opportunity... I wouldn't go all in, but watch very closely how he adjusts if he crosses...

Many of my under the radar guys are European and in the AHL as many in North America don't catch on them quickly, unless your in the city they are playing... I check game sheets daily on most of these players and get a little excited every time I see them make a notable contribution... I also try and find games they are playing in to steam or watch on TV... Not all are fantasy worthy, just fun for me to watch...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Ummmm, yeah...how do you follow up a post like that? lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Didnt I reply to a thread like this already this week? I thought I did but yet I dont see my reply.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Never mind, it was a different thread. My reply there kinda fits here too:

Considering the goalie situation on Long Island, Mikko Koskinen might be worth a look and a stash. He is still property of the Islanders and is playing well in the KHL (take that for what its worth, it is the KHL after all). I believe his contract is for this year and next with his current club but not sure of any "out" clauses he may have. This kid was a 2nd round pick and was lost in the goalie shuffle that included the two current goalies playing for the Islanders.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

look for the lesser knowns, I posted an article or two a year ago, and a thread on it

Dobber Sports Pro

Jimmy Vesey- Currently playing for Harvard, Nashville prospect and was on Team USA last year at the WJC.

Jimmy Lodge- Winnipeg pick in the 2013 draft, really like his potential.

Nicolas Kerdiles- Anaheim prospect, playing at Wisconsin.

Jon Gillies- Calgary prospect, think he can be a starter in the NHL.

Jordan Weal- Little LA Kings prospect, was dynamite in the WHL. Needs more seasoning but I like him.

Phil Di Giuseppe- Had a bit of a rough go last year at the University of Michigan, still a ways a way but could become a fixture in Carolina's top 6.

Taylor Cammarata- Another little guy, but he has huge upside. Has 12 points in 14 games as a Freshman at the University of Minnesota, the Islanders may have found a gem in the 3rd round.

Steven Fogarty- Didn't have a great Freshman year at Notre Dame, not having a great season right now either. May never make the NHL, but a guy I like to follow.

Connor Hurley- Really excited for him, love his skill set and want to see him make it to the NHL. One of my favourite prospects for some reason.

Stefan Fournier- Like what he did with the Mooseheads last year, probably never makes the NHL but was a fun player to watch.

Carter Verhaeghe- Love watching him play and really like this kid a lot. Can score and is showing it with Niagara this year/

As you can see a lot of my guys are in the NCAA and aren't really under the radar or lesser known but they're guys I like and feel like you hardly ever hear about.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky