Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Discussion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Round 8 Discussion

Lots of picks today guys, let\'s hope it continues!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Cote great PIM but I don\'t know if he\'ll play in the NHL after his rant last year.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey Crazynuck, check out your selection in round 8 in the stickied Dynasty League Draft Summary thread
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Sure, btw (and I don\'t want to push this too far), do you have a quick way to reach out Mercs? I know he knows you and if he can make his pick, we\'re going to roll... and see Crazy pick \"Beachball\"!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chicleteur wrote:
    The Comish wrote:
    Sure, btw (and I don\'t want to push this too far), do you have a quick way to reach out Mercs? I know he knows you and if he can make his pick, we\'re going to roll... and see Crazy pick \"Beachball\"!!!
    Yes I do know him. He is at work and will definitely check when he can. I don\'t know his number at work because he\'s changed jobs since I was last in Canada!

Dobber Sports Initiate

hey guys... I have to jump off line for a few hours. I just sent Commish my pick via email. only one though. If he gets picked, I have his email in my blackberry and I will send another one...

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks Comish! Anything you can do would certainly help!

SD, can you send two picks to Comish? It might save some time... and time is pick like they said (or maybe it is time is money...)!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Cote great PIM but I don\'t know if he\'ll play in the NHL after his rant last year.
    I guess Ill make due if he doesnt, but I havent heard anything to the contrary.
    Blue Line Club Hockey League $ Keeper - 14 Teams (G,A,+/-,SOG,Hits,W,GAA,Sv%, SO)
    Keepers - Duchene, Ovechkin, Kessel, Stewart. Letang, Karlsson, Rask
    Prospects - Hall, Fowler, Bernier, Huberdeau,

Power Play Hockey League $ Keeper - 14 Teams (G,A,+/-,SOG,Hits,W,GAA,Sv%, SO)
    Keepers - Toews, Parise, Semin, Letang, Kessel, Fowler, Niemi, Pavelec
    Prospects - Landeskog, Gerbe, Lindback, Burmistrov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chicleteur wrote:

SD, can you send two picks to Comish? It might save some time... and time is pick like they said (or maybe it is time is money...)!
    I wouldn\'t worry about it, I saw the name and I don\'t think the Mercs are interested in that player (the name has never come up in conversation!). We\'ll see if I\'m right soon.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Wow this is great Round 8 cant wait till my pick.Keep up the good work guys.
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Master

Beachball will soon be mine :woohoo:
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:

I wouldn\'t worry about it, I saw the name and I don\'t think the Mercs are interested in that player (the name has never come up in conversation!). We\'ll see if I\'m right soon.
    We\'ll have to trust you on this one!

Dobber Sports Master

The Comish wrote:
    Hey Crazynuck, check out your selection in round 8 in the stickied Dynasty League Draft Summary thread
    This will happen if Nordique gets his round 7 pick by midnight. Some incentive guys to get this draft moving.

edit: round 8 :silly:
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Giant

Crazynuck wrote:
    The Comish wrote:
    This will happen if Nordique gets his round 7 pick by midnight. Some incentive guys to get this draft moving.
    Too bad for you that we\'re already doing the 8th round! :lol: :lol:

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks and sorry to those who liked/disliked my Cam Barker pick..... :lol:

It\'s never a bad thing to get a good bargain. Barker had 9 pts in 12 games to end his season. He had a similar ending to Brent Burns\' the previous year and we all know what happened there. Given the right amount of ice-time on a great young team in Chicago, it wouldn\'t surprise me to see him get close to 40 pts next season.

BTW, Nice pick with Mikko Koivu, Noriculous, it was between he and Barker for me with my last pick. I most likely would\'ve picked him up with my come around pick if someone hadn\'t taken him.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,