Thread: Kerdiles, Brossoit, Connolly

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kerdiles, Brossoit, Connolly

Hey guys, I've got this problem. In my 12-team dynasty league we have 5 spots for prospects on the farm. The limitation is that after a prospect plays 80 games we have to decide what to do with him. The options are:
    1) bring him up to the big team and he has to stay there for good (or you can dump or trade him later),
    2) stash him on the farm, but you can't call him up for the rest of the season and you have to make a decision on him in the off-season
    3) trade him or dump him straight away.

Right now, Brett Connolly is nearing that 80-game mark and I will have to make a decision. I don't think he's ready to make a contribution to my team, as it's contending for a title. So do I stash him for the rest of the season and hope that he will become a good player eventually (hopefully next year) or do I give up on him and pick up someone else? The candidates for that would be Nicolas Kerdiles (as I'm a Ducks fan, I might tend to overrate our prospects), Laurent Brossoit or... someone else, but I've got no idea at the moment which other good player might be available. I would be thankful for some suggestions. Keep in mind that there's 5x12=60 prospects taken + some are on the big teams already, so let's make it 70.

Thanks in advance .

My other prospects are Gibson, Toffoli, Domi and Nyquist. I also have Coyle on the big team, but I can't send him down.

Dobber Sports Master

With Stamkos' injury today, I wonder if Connelly will benefit from that as much or more than any other player on the Lightning roster. Bring him up and see what happens. Like you said, you could always trade him if he doesn't perform well.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

Bring him up, if you have to drop him though I do like Kerdiles, instead of Brossoit.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky