Thread: What's Miller's Value?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What's Miller's Value?

He's been showing more and more that he's way more talented than Daniel Thomas, but MIA has been reluctant to roll with him as the RB1. In a league that only starts 2RB, I'm thinking now may be a perfect time to move him as his upcoming schedule is pretty tough (although he does play PIT, NE, and BUF during our playoff weeks).

With an RB corps of Charles, Woodhead, Miller, Andre Brown, and Martin (thinking about cutting him - not confident he'll play again this season), I'm worried I'll be wasting a decent amount of points on my bench so I'm looking to upgrade and score a bonafide RB2 to start week in, week out, behind Charles.

One RB I'm growing keen on now is Spiller. His owner has Murray and Sproles, and Spiller has been on the bench. The GM could also desperately use a WR (Wallace, Wright, Randle, Miles Austin, and Tate)

I don't have a problem offering a 2-for-1 because I'll need to drop someone for a QB next week on Romo's bye.

Does Miller/Boldin or Miller/Williams for Spiller seem fair? Will I need to offer more?

My full squad is listed below:

Romo
    VJax, Antonio Brown, Allen, T Williams, Boldin
    Charles, Woodhead, Miller, Andre Brown, Martin
    V Davis, Reed
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Veteran

In standard scoring Fred Jackson > Spiller. Not sure why Spilller is someone you want to target. Spiller has more value in ppr than standard leagues but I think if you are targeting a good RB and want to get rid of depth then you could try for someone better. Miller seems to be pulling away for Thomas little by little.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I dont agree with Matt in the FJax > Spiller in normal leagues. Fjax is limping and his ypc has been going down every week.

Miller looked really good last week.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    In standard scoring Fred Jackson > Spiller. Not sure why Spilller is someone you want to target. Spiller has more value in ppr than standard leagues but I think if you are targeting a good RB and want to get rid of depth then you could try for someone better. Miller seems to be pulling away for Thomas little by little.
    Thanks for the opinion. The league is 0.5ppr, sorry I forgot to mention that.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but Spiller showed a glimpse last week vs KC of what owner's expected when they drafted him. We know his potential, he just hasn't quite gotten there yet, and injuries played a very, very large part of it. After sitting out Week 8, his play picked up last week. His bye is coming up in two weeks, so he will be getting even more rest. And aside from the Jets, his schedule is a cake-walk.

The deal is a gamble, but aren't they all? Trying my best to predict the future before it happens, and it seems like Spiller's future is brighter than the past.

As for Miller, he does seem to be pulling away from Thomas little by little, but the fact that he's not the undisputed #1 yet shows the coaches want to stick to their game plan of splitting the duties. Miller's fumble last week likely didn't help his cause, and his upcoming schedule is among the toughest matchups in the league (TB, SD, NYJ).

If Spiller isn't worth targeting as an undisputed RB2 for me moving forward, who do you think is? Ellington? Gore?
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Gore > Spiller >>> Ellington.

Miller kept getting carries despite of the fumble and ended with 16 carries vs 10. The week before he got 18. If he keeps getting 15+ carries it doesnt matter that Thomas gets some as well.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Gore > Spiller >>> Ellington.

Miller kept getting carries despite of the fumble and ended with 16 carries vs 10. The week before he got 18. If he keeps getting 15+ carries it doesnt matter that Thomas gets some as well.
    Hmm. I threw Gore and Ellington out there because those owner's could use RB and WR help, so a 2-for-1 seems realistic.

I don't doubt that Miller is getting better and has potential; but since my league only starts 2 RBs each week, and I'll be through all my byes after Charles' this week, then it seems a waste to have so much depth on the bench at the expense of wasted points.

Ideally I'm looking to secure a RB that will make my weekly decision of who to start much easier than it currently is. Woodhead has value as a safe bet for 10 points, while Miller's output has been more variable. Also added Andre Brown for speculative potential as he'll be the Giants most talented RB.

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way and should be looking to upgrade elsewhere then? I'm sitting at 5-4 after just squeaking by last week 0.48 points...
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Gore

Spiller
    Miller

Ellington

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How's Vereen as a potential target? Miller may be too much for him straight-up, but his owner has already Lynch and Bush and could use WR help.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO