Thread: Strome vs Shinkaruk

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Strome vs Shinkaruk

Sorry if this has been posted already but I have searched through a lot of posts and they don't seem to be in the same ones so here I go.

Who do you think will have the better career in a multi cat league like the one in my signature. I know Strome is older but he still hasn't played a single NHL game and from what I heard Shinkaruk had a great camp this year so I wouldn't put them to far apart on when they might make the league.

Thanks,
    Drift

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Administrator

Strome is playing better in a superior league. Even beyond that I still think Strome is a far better asset to own.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Strome is up there with the Drouins,Barkovs,Huberdeaus,Yakupovs of the world. Shinkaruk is not. This is not even remotely close and is very insulting to Strome, who is killing it in the AHL this year just like he has killed at every level he was at.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    Strome is up there with the Drouins,Barkovs,Huberdeaus,Yakupovs of the world. Shinkaruk is not. This is not even remotely close and is very insulting to Strome, who is killing it in the AHL this year just like he has killed at every level he was at.
    Strome over Shinakruk easily

but get off his balls. He's not up there with those other players. To steal a line from you "it's not even close". It's insulting to those other guys to list Strome with them

Dobber Sports Guru

Strome isnt anything special but I would still take him over Shinkaruk. Agree with Ev though Strome isnt in the same class as guys like Barkov, Huberdeau etc.

Dobber Sports Veteran

At this point, you should be taking Strome over 5 Shinkaruk's.

Time will tell what they'll become but Strome holds an infinite more value in fantasy leagues than Shinkaruk at the moment.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd take Strome and it's not really close.

But Strome is not up there with Barkov, Huberdeau, Drouin and Yakupov.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Banned

Truth is, we don't know where any of these guys will "end up"...

Strome's game is all about offence, that is all he's got at the moment. Word out of Bridgeport is that his overall game is weak, except for on the powerplay where he has put up a lot of points. The Isles could use him, though... and he will likely be up at some point this year. When he does get his game going, it will be all about his offence. I have compared his game to Gagner a number of times, because that is who I see when I watch him play... it's not a bad thing. The Isles are an up and coming team - and they should have a good offence in a few years. Strome should be a big part of that. I wuold much prefer him him to Shinkaruk and I don't think it is out of line to think he could put up as many points as the others on the list.

Barkov is going to be the best NHL'er of the bunch - no doubt in my mind. That doesn't mean that Strome won't be a better fantasy asset.