Thread: Studs & Duds - Nov 6/13

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Studs & Duds - Nov 6/13

Studs

Matt Duchene
    Matty Ice scored a beautiful goal last night as he streaked through the neutral zone, past the Predators defence, cut to the left and fired home his 10th of the season to tie the game at 4 early in the third. The Avalanche went on to lose only their second game of the season but his three point effort was a great personal result in a losing cause.

Colin Wilson
    Let’s give it up the 4% Yahoo! Owned Colin Wilson! Registering 2G 2A, +1, and 3 SOG last night, the games first star for the Preds was outstanding. He now has 9 points in 15 games. Whether or not he blooms from here we don’t know, but for the lucky people that started him, he provided huge returns.

Henrik Lundqvist
    Lundy had a horrible start to the season and then went down with an injury in mid-October. He had fantasy owners in a pickle with some owners looking to get rid of him. The King came back Oct. 28 and although his debut was a 2-0 loss to the Habs, he has been on fire since. In five starts he is 3-2, with a shutout and has not allowed more than two goals. Last night he stopped 28 of 29 against the Pens as he continues to roll. Make sure he’s in your lineup!

Duds

Shea Weber
    For fans in the stands, Weber played a solid game and although he has been hot of late, last night he provided most fantasy owners with a negative point total in a 6-4 win over the Avalanche. Shea went pointless and minus-2 on the evening. His saving grace was two big shots on goal.

Dustin Byfuglien
    Although Big Buff registered an assist on Winnipeg’s lone goal in their 4-1 loss to the Hawks, he was minus-3 on the night. His four shots on goal prevented him from finishing in the negative but he did look slow out there. The analysts kept replaying Jonathan Towes’ first period goal as Byfuglien stood in the same spot on the ice for over six seconds just watching the play. Although goalless so far this year, he has ten assists and is still providing fantasy value via points, PIM’s and shots on goal. His minus-9 on the year is hurting his line, but if he can get into shape stay out of the minus category, he’ll turn into a fantasy king.

Evgeni Malkin
    Geno picked up an assist on the Pens lone goal last night, but finished the night minus-2 and did not overwhelm the fantasy stat sheet. He is struggling a bit this year, and I think most people expect him to find his scoring touch sooner rather than later. I wanted to include Malkin in the dud category just so I could paste his comments from Monday. "I want to know why," Malkin said. "Maybe a bad summer? Maybe (I) think too much? Maybe (I) try (to) do too much? (I) try to play every game the same, but (I) don't score like before. I try (to) understand why". Malkin's goalless drought now extends to nine games.
    Last edited by BenTrovato; November 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM.