Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I hate Yakupov. Do you?

Dobber Sports Pro

Literally the best thing that could happen for Yakupov is to be traded...so if he is, as long as he doesn't end up a Panther his fantasy value will increase for sure.

Dobber Sports Expert

The Oilers should have at the time flipped the Yakupov pick fro defense and or two way forwards. The sole responsiblity for Yak being in the situation he is in is due to the poor management. He is a pure sniper, does the league expect O'Reilly to net 40 goals a year? If a player has a role on the team then build your team playing on the strengths of your players....
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Love how people make all these bold assumptions about the character of a 20 year old kid without personally knowing him or being in that locker room.

I wonder what we were all like when we were 20...
    Some of us who dislike these young players are the same age as them.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I love the hate. Just wait to see how much you hate him if the Oilers ever become a decent team. He's going to make everyone hate him more and it will be glorious.
    I see you say this every year...LOL

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I see you say this every year...LOL
    At this rate I'll probably have to keep saying it for another 5 years!

Dobber Sports Pro

Oilers seem further away at becoming a contending team than they did last season...and last season I didn't think they were close. Too many changes need to happen. Yakupov should be the odd man out in terms of the former 1st overall picks...but I wonder if it hasn't happened because what other GMs are offering isn't worth doing it? At least in the minds of Lowe/MacTavish's minds....(they're probably wrong)

Dobber Sports Ninja

If the offers are the types of things being offered in internet land then there is no way Yakupov is getting moved.

Dobber Sports Ace

It's probably a bit early to cut ties on Yakupov in a keeper league, unless you're getting a great offer back.

The Oilers started the season with their top two centres - RNH and Eberle - injured. Now both are back but Hall is out. Defense was never a strong point, neither was goaltending. And both have struggled.

Add in a new coach bringing in a new system, and you've got a recipe for disaster. And disaster is what we're seeing.

As for Yakupov specifically. He's played 62 games in total in the NHL. A vast majority of youngsters have sophomore slumps, so he wouldn't be immune to that. Add in the dysfunction around him, and I'd be shocked if he didn't struggle.

I'd be reluctant to move him just yet, unless the offer is outstanding

Dobber Sports Sage

Wow, lots of great responses. I had a feeling my post would generate some strong reactions. Playing the devil's advocate can do that sometimes.

One thing is clear. The jury is still out on Yak. I think if he is traded to a team that has a winning culture he has a better chance to become the great player he could be. I dont think his development will pan out if he remains in Edmonton. Someone with the proper gravitas needs to take Yak under their wing and help him learn how to be a complete player and a professional. His offensive talent is undeniable. It remains to be seen if he can overcome the huge flaws in his game. Time will tell. I'm betting against it but I am as fallible as everyone else on these boards.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Wow, lots of great responses. I had a feeling my post would generate some strong reactions. Playing the devil's advocate can do that sometimes.

One thing is clear. The jury is still out on Yak. I think if he is traded to a team that has a winning culture he has a better chance to become the great player he could be. I dont think his development will pan out if he remains in Edmonton. Someone with the proper gravitas needs to take Yak under their wing and help him learn how to be a complete player and a professional. His offensive talent is undeniable. It remains to be seen if he can overcome the huge flaws in his game. Time will tell. I'm betting against it but I am as fallible as everyone else on these boards.
    This is the first reasonable post I've read from you on Yakupov.

Makes complete sense though!
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm on board with Yakupov, I think he has the talent and skill to be an elite player in the leaguee... however I don't think Edmonton is the place for him to achieve that. I would however ask Yakupov to play to his strengths (scoring goals and playing offence) as opposed to a lot of defence which seems to be an issue with a lot of young players. If they made it this far doing what they're doing, then why ask them to change?
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

The Great One

From Twitter:

"All these reports in the media about him being traded are absolutely 100% not true." - Coach Eakins on practice chat with Yakupov

"He's a young player and we're not giving up on him." - Eakins on Yakupov. Coach referenced Thornton and Stamkos early struggles.

Full interview here: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?...id=DL|EDM|home
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Haha, the old public vote of confidence. Isn't that what they do just before you get shipped out?

The Great One

Haha, the old public vote of confidence. Isn't that what they do just before you get shipped out?
    some teams operate that way...the Oilers don't

not saying Yakupov won't be traded at some point, but all the talk about an imminent trade happening involving Yakupov (to the Rangers or wherever) is bogus
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

I dont know the guy personally. But I see so many people just losing their minds over the guy, giving up really good players in trades for him.

Why?

He is a showboater, and has no work ethic, from what I have read. He scores a goal and then acts like he just cured cancer or invented the internet.

When I look at him, I see a guy who feels entitled. I cant shake the feeling that he's going to be an All-Star in 3 years...in the KHL.

When his ELC is up after next year, I see him holding out for a Hall/RNH/Eberle type of deal that he has done nothing whatsoever to justify. I see him heading back to the KHL for his holdout, then getting some ridiculous contract from one of the big clubs like CSKA for 10 years and a billion rubles or something.

I think the very best case scenario for him is Semin. I think the far more likely outcome is Zherdev, Radulov or Kovy, as in playing in Russia because its easy instead of doing the hard work he needs to be a star in North America.

If the rumors are true and the Oilers are shopping the shit out of him trying to get help at D and G, isn't that a major red flag? Shouldn't people be worried about his future production if a bad team like the oilers are already giving up on him?

Thoughts? I feel like I'm the only one around here who is out on this limb.
    I'd be curious to hear you substantiate any of this because all I can really see here is; he's Russian.

As for Eakins, he's a great coach. I think his biggest issue is that he expected his NHL players to be able to play as a team, in the NHL. The Oilers suck for so many reason and I'm not convinced there's a coach on the planet who can change that.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)