Thread: Andrew Ladd

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Andrew Ladd

What are the chances he will break out this year? Does anyone have a talent analysis on him that has seen him play? What\'s his top-end points potential?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Andrew Ladd

yeah i have him in my keeper and am trying to figure out if i should eventually drop him or will he pan out at all...?

i always thought he might be a 70-75 point kinda guy...rough around the edges type...
    but i guess it\'ll depend on how long stillman is around for .

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I still think it is too early to tell. Typically, power forwards take longer to develop and he is still very young. there has to be a reason he was a top 5 pick. he obviously has the ability...

Dobber Sports Pro

I am in the Ladd camp big time. I think he can be a dominant Eastern Conferance Power Forward. We have seen his hands on the biggest stage and he just needs to put it all together for the long haul. A healthy Stillman cannot help but find this guy in position to score. Staal and Ladd can be more than a handful for most Defenses. I would like to see Ladd be at least a 30-35 goal scorer and just under a Point Per Game. The whole Canes team had a down year numberswise. We will see how they come back.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Novice

There is zero chance Ladd is scoring 30/35 goals this year and be just under a point a game player. I think if Ladd does end up being a player, it wont be for atleast a couple of more years.
    Do you know where a guy can get
    a rub and a tug around here?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If he plays with staal i can definitely see him getting 30 goals. and saying there is zero chance that could happen is just ridiculous.

Post edited by: Devil Dogg, at: 2007/07/28 14:11

Dobber Sports Novice

Ladd is young and they have alot of good forwards - Staal,Brindamour, Cole, Williams, Whitney, Carter, Vasicek and possibly Stillman.

I just dont see him getting 30 in the bank this year but I did say it could happen down the road.
    Do you know where a guy can get
    a rub and a tug around here?

Dobber Sports Ace

yzerman19 wrote:
    Ladd is young and they have alot of good forwards - Staal,Brindamour, Cole, Williams, Whitney, Carter, Vasicek and possibly Stillman.

I just dont see him getting 30 in the bank this year but I did say it could happen down the road.
    You might want to check the roster, Vasicek and Carter are not on the current roster. If you are talking about Anson Carter, whom the Canes picked up mid-season I am a little unsure what qualifies him as a \"good\" forward. He had a good year playing with the Sedins. Outside of that he has been mediocre at best, and I would say on the poorer end of mediocre. Likewise Vasicek had never lived up to his billing and should be considered as a \"band aid boy\" for certain (did not look at the list recently to see if he is on there or not). At this stage, I would not consider Vasicek or Carter to be ranked higher than Ladd.

Where Ladd plays will depend on the health of the rest of the team. Whitney had a uncanny season for health last year, Stillman was injured for much of the year, and Cole (though my favorite NHLer) is definately a \"band aid boy.\" Seeing as the chance of at least one of these players being injured this upcoming season is at minimum fair, then Ladd well could see some top 6 time.

With that said, I still don\'t see 30 goals out of Ladd this year. Hopefully in the next couple of years though.

Post edited by: Enapai, at: 2007/07/28 17:42
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO