Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Top 300 - some too low, some too high in top 100

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Top 300 - some too low, some too high in top 100

Buck Fush wrote:
    ridinryan44 wrote:

It\'s ALL points. And health history, and playoff history.

You\'re a pooly too, you gotta use your own judgement...

Buck, and you thought you had shit on your nose!
    dude, what the f?
    ok, its all points: phaneuf had more than kaberle this year, actually kaberles points have declined every year over the last three, while dions have gone up every year in the same time...

health history: dion has missed 3 games TOTAL in 3 seasons...

playoff history: dion 7 pts in 7 games this year... Kaberle, when was it that he even played in the playoffs last?? when will it happen again?! who knows?!

even if it is just so i can understand the damn thing better? sheesh...
    Health history - Kaberle has played 9 more seasons, all the while CREATING HISTORY which adds to his RANKING. He missed 0 games in his first 2 full seasons, (only 57 games in first year, not due to injury)
    1 point me

Point totals Right, ONE year Phaneuf has had more points than Kaberle. 1 out of 3 years. Would that give the odds to Kaberle?
    1 point me

Playoff history. It\'s not kaberle fault toronto sucks ass and can\'t make the playoffs.
    Kaberle in playoffs - 76 games played, 28 points. Not the same as PPG as phaneuf but he\'s BEEN THERE, the HISTORY TO BACK IT.
    Not enough PPG to straight out make him better than Phaneuf, so to be generous
    Tie 0 points you, 0 points me.

WHO uses the word SHEESH.
    5 points me.

Weirdo.
    I believe the score is 7-0 me. But i\'ll give you pity points. 7-6 me. I win. Word.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Banned

look at it this way, if you\'re in a pure pts league they\'re going to be almost the same give or take 5 pts, if PIMs count then Phaneuf has the clear advantage. Also consider the hype factor, Phaneuf is going to go early in every pool, often too early, so if you can get Kaberle a round or two later then you\'re getting much better draft value.

Radulov I plain dont get, I\'m sorry, I just completely don\'t agree with that one, this is a case of the 48% rule of \'When you\'re right 52% of the time...\' B)
    To me he\'s of above average talent, an all around B player but nothing about him stands out to me. He\'s not especially fast, he has an accurate shot and good hands but there are dozens of guys who are better. His decision making anf two way play is at times questionable which will limit his ice time until he improves...I think his upside is around 80 points, period, 100+ is ludicrous. Kane on the other hand should hit 80 THIS season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Shadow wrote:
    Screaming Jawa wrote:
    Alright, here\'s one for you all.

Derek Roy is five rating points lower than the Sedins and Nash (all three of whom I own in a pool). Roy ended up being better than a point per game over the season, and finished the year with 48 points in 36 games. The Sedins, while consistent, and Nash with his non-Columbus potential (he\'s stellar during international tourneys), didn\'t equal Roy\'s totals for the year.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are that some people waste waaaaaay too much time analyzing the rankings... B)
    4 minutes is too much?

Apologies.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Screaming Jawa wrote:
    Shadow wrote:
    Screaming Jawa wrote:
    Alright, here\'s one for you all.

Derek Roy is five rating points lower than the Sedins and Nash (all three of whom I own in a pool). Roy ended up being better than a point per game over the season, and finished the year with 48 points in 36 games. The Sedins, while consistent, and Nash with his non-Columbus potential (he\'s stellar during international tourneys), didn\'t equal Roy\'s totals for the year.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are that some people waste waaaaaay too much time analyzing the rankings... B)
    4 minutes is too much?

Apologies.
    Notice I wasn\'t referring to you, just some people in general.

And I don\'t spend 4 minutes doing anything, which is sometimes a problem for my girlfriend. And unlike you, I DO have to apologize to her :P
    Humans deal with the reality of the Shadow in four ways: Denial, Projection, Integration and/or Transmutation

14 Team Dynasty ~ 4 Time Champion (2009-2010-2011-2016)

Dobber Sports Ace

karma for making me laugh, shadow.

also please pass on my condolences to your ladybird.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mister_mcgoo wrote:

Radulov I plain dont get, I\'m sorry, I just completely don\'t agree with that one, this is a case of the 48% rule of \'When you\'re right 52% of the time...\' B)
    To me he\'s of above average talent, an all around B player but nothing about him stands out to me. He\'s not especially fast, he has an accurate shot and good hands but there are dozens of guys who are better. His decision making anf two way play is at times questionable which will limit his ice time until he improves...I think his upside is around 80 points, period, 100+ is ludicrous. Kane on the other hand should hit 80 THIS season.
    Screw it I\'m going to jump in.. Seems like I\'m missing all the fun.. If you put rads in Chi were he does not have to back check and gets thrown out there everytime from a coach who thinks offense first.. Then you have rads killing the numbers that kane put up. You now put kane on the other team he would not even make the team because he likes to float around center ice. Give him the line mates Rads has and your looking at less production than rads put up this year. Take any team that slows its elite players down because they want them to play a system. Instead of letting them play with a green light. Why do you guys think Green had such a good season.. He was given a green light to create offense. Last year he was not a loud and look at his numbers. Kane right now is the better fantasy option, but his upside is best suited to CHI. Rads has a higher upside and its not suited for NSH. This is why I don\'t own him, but if he was on a team that let there top end players play and not get benched every time he misses a check, or sit him on the pp to play some guys who did finish there checks and have no reason to be on the pp. Makes no sense to me.

I like to look at dobbers top 300, its the best one around.. But it has no use to me in trades.. Reason being is I would not even dare show someone in my pool this website. That simple.. Is it the fact maybe it helps you sleep at night that you have Dion, or Kane ranked higher? Use some judgment when your making trades, or ranking your players. You need to be able to use Dobbers rankings as an extra source. Not as the main guide line to all of your teams moves..