Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Round 6 Discussion

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Round 6 Discussion

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    thanks for picking for me chic! and maple - sorry, i\'m not sure why i thought you had picked before me... but thats why i sent you the email too. hope it didn\'t cause any moral dilemmas for ya
    NP my friend! Any time!

Dobber Sports Master

The Comish wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    Comish, some of these rules should be set in stone, kind of throws off the drafting strategy if we keep on adding new rules along the way.
    Are there some other rules that we haven\'t addressed yet? I hope not. What I don\'t want to see happen is 35 waiver requests for 81 players all in the same day.

The rule is already written, but I hadn\'t thought about what would happen the first day we allow teams to exceed the $1000 cap.

I didn\'t want to limit people exceeding the limit only by trades because that opens up other doors that I\'d rather not have. Like you tell your buddy to pick up a guy so you can trade for him. It kind of excludes some people, if you have a buddy for those types of transactions.

I\'m not saying that there is going to be a problem, just trying to bring this out into the open and see where the discussion leads. I\'m looking for ideas.

If there is a rule or rules that aren\'t clear or addressed, by all means bring them up.
    The rules are clear now... thx Comish
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Pro

The Comish wrote:
    pensfan wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:
    I just don\'t understand why team 30 would get the first priority on free agents. If we were going to follow the draft order, it would be starting back at team 1 as if it were another round. I\'ve never understood why the last tea to pick gets priority in yahoo pools because I think we\'ve decided there is no advantage to picking first. Every position has its advantages and disadvantages. I\'m not sure what would make this entirely fair, but thats my opinion on that matter.
    thats the way we do it in my pools...#1 gets the first waiver pick (or supplementary draft as the comish called it) since it is essentially the 31st round...and the serpentine draft style in theory is supposed to make all draft positions equal, so no point screwing the guy picking first...
    Yahoo does it the other way, giving the last team to draft the first priority on waivers.

I\'m not sure how we would be screwing the guys who got Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin and Luongo over when the guys who picked 27-30 got E.Staal, Nash, Gaborik and Giguere.

The decision doesn\'t have to be made right away, we can get people\'s opinions and I\'ll have to make a decision from there. I will keep an open mind.
    I agree with Yahooooo....plus with this many teams and rounds, there is a definite advantage to drafting early. If you take the salary as gospel(drafting by salary), there is over $100.00 (close to a Rolston, for example) difference between top and bottom. That is a 10% advantage over the lowest drafting team.

Smaller number of players selected reduces the difference to nil.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta