Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Radko Gudas

Dobber Sports Star

For pims/hits/blocks the guy's as gudas it gets.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    My only concern is the heavy PIM may cause a problem for the coach to replace him when he's in the box so often. Not easy going with 5 dmen.
    Doubtful. His coach is his biggest fan, and is the reason Gudas is playing such a big role right off the bat. He coached him in the minors, for 2 or 3 years I believe. Tampa is also having a lot more success than last when when Gudas was not in their line-up......bodes well for his 20 minutes of night to continue. I've also heard that should Salo or Carle go down with injury, Gudas will stpe into more PP time as he has a rocket shot.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Even if they don't get injured, Tampa doesn't have a true PP stud on D and Gudas could get a shot there just by being in hsi coaches good books.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    For pims/hits/blocks the guy's as gudas it gets.
    What you did there, I see it. Nice.

The great thing about Gudas in leagues that count PIMs is he is eager to drop the gloves and not so big that others are afraid to fight him. So when he throws those big hits people will come after him. And he sticks up for teammates so every once in a while he'll snap and pick up a Bettman package (2+5+10).

A D who can put up 20 points, 150+ PIMs and doesn't kill you in +/- is pure GOLD in my leagues. It is seems very realistic that Gudas can do this. Perhaps the Gudas non-believers have different scoring categories or different roster requirements.

Dobber Sports Pro

You're missing the pt. The coach may ask him to cut his PIM down (misconducts/majors) in order to maintain proper rotation. A common pattern in heavy PIM dmen.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You're missing the pt. The coach may ask him to cut his PIM down (misconducts/majors) in order to maintain proper rotation. A common pattern in heavy PIM dmen.
    He'll cut down from the insane pace he's on now, but he's not going to stop crushing people out and answering the bell when challenged.

Dude was +4 with an assist last night, he's legit even if his PIMs top out at 125.

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's a stud. Even getting PP time now, low watching this guy play. The PIMs will keep coming (though not at this rate), as he dishes out massive hits every game, so he frequently gets challenged. As we all know, the monster named Gudas is not one to back down.

He also gets bonus points for the sweet Fu-Manchu stash he's got going for Movember.....that thing's gonna be a beauty.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

He didn't when he had him in the minors, and Gudas was a top 3-4 guy there as well. From everything I've read, he loves Gudas' style of play, which is what makes him effective. He's not a finesse puck moving guy, he's a defensive bruiser that makes opponents think twice about. When you throw hits as big as this guy, fights are going to come to you. In many cases, Gudas is fighting quality players like Iginla, I'm sure any coach would take that trade-off.

I think the misconducts have over-inflated his PIMs, but I see no reason why he won't continue to be a 150+ PIM guy moving forward. I've watched a lot of footage on the guy, and he's definitely a "snapper". Regardless fo what the coach tells him, he's definitely of the Downie-type mold of player that can lose his mind in a game (see the water bottle/stick swinging incident)......the PIMs will come in bunches at times.
    Last edited by Shiva Blaster; November 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In a league that has PIMs but not Hits, is it worth having Gudas?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by mr_long1990 View Post
    In a league that has PIMs but not Hits, is it worth having Gudas?
    his hits definitely add lots of value, but a + dman, putting up pims consistently, lots of mins, yea I would still pick him up unless there is another one out there that out pims/points him available... really depends on whats for grabs.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Pro

There's a reason why you don't see many dmen with big PIM these days. Just taper your expectations.

Dobber Sports Star

OK so is Gudas worth adding (over Demers) in a pure points only league?

He and Barberio are both available and as much as I love Barbs upside I am contending this year and Gudas looks like he will benefit from the Stamkos injury, right?

Can he be relevant in a points only league?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post

Can he be relevant in a points only league?
    Does a 35 points guy work for your league, is it that deep? 35 points feels like his top end for this year.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Does a 35 points guy work for your league, is it that deep? 35 points feels like his top end for this year.
    Ya that works. Also we are goal heavy and even more so for D goals so he is appealing.

I would much rather add Barbiero given its a pts only keeper but it looks like Gudas is getting his share of PP time and will likely benefit the most. What do the Stamkos/Salo injuries do for Barbs (if anything)?

Any update on Salo? If he is gone, I think I gotta grab one of them.

EDIT: grabbed Gudas
    Last edited by loco man; November 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Grabbed Gudas last week and have scouted a few TB games. He's much more than a bruiser. In a multi-cat league, this guy should easily finish in the top-10.

Few things I noticed...
    Powerful stride. Good with the puck in the D zone and good passer, both reversing the play and breaking out. European smarts but obviously well adjusted to the North American game. Not effective on the PP, but role should increase with Stamkos injury.

eliteprospects report...
    "A right-handed, physically played defensive back. Playing aggressively and likes to hand out harsh tackles. Do not hesitate to take a fight."
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=18085

Forwards
    Voracek------------Carter----------Simmonds
    E.Kane-------------Bergeron--------Stone
    Panik-----------Kuznestzov------Wenneberg
    Defense
    Karlsson-----Josi
    Byfuglien-----Werenski
    Goalie
    Rask
    Bobrovsky
    Vasilevsky