Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Crosby is...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:
    Should I repeat myself? Ok.

Crosby = 27 points. 21 of those being assists. more than likely half of those were second assists which is barely significant (arguable). 14 of his points were on the PP. ANYONE CAN GET ASSISTS ON THE PENGUINS POWERPLAY. ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYING UNDISCIPLINED TEAMS SUCH AS RANGERS AND FLYERS. An assists is easy to achieve on a team that has gamebreakers such as Hossa and Malkin who basically are the reason for your assists (sniping them home after he who you passed it to passed it to one of them) B)
    Anyone can tap in a cross crease pass set up by the best pure playmaker in the game today. You\'re taking away from Crosby\'s hard work, incredible athleticism. Last night for example when he set up Malkin on the PP... that was a sick feed through the slot right on the tape. Osgood had no chance on the play. You shouldn\'t be penalized for being a team player and setting up your teammates for easy goals because of your skill and wizardry with the puck.

How was that an incredible feed? It was a basic pass back to the point. What is your definition of the word \"slot\"? For we who know anything about hockey, slot = bottom of the circles above the crease) NOT above of circle near the blueline. Besides, Osgood HAD a chance. He was 100% ready for the shot. He was 100% in the right place at the right time. Malkins shot just beat him clearly through the five hole.
    You are so clearly biased it is ridiculous. As soon as you told me in September that Dallas Drake would be a quality 2nd liner putting up 60 pts this year I knew your opinion on hockey held no value
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

It wasn\'t back to the point, why don\'t you watch the highlights again, it goes circle to circle... slot = the area between the circles as well. It was a perfect cross ice pass through my slot, maybe not yours.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Well it is MY thread. and Yes, I suppose I lurk here. If lurking means being passionate for the sport of hockey and anything that encompasses the sport (including blogs). BUT, unfortunately for you all I must be off. Gotta shave my playoff beard and head to the taylors to get my suit up to snuf. GOOD CHAT. NICE TALKING. IT WAS ENTERTAINING. UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.

special thanks to craznuck for putting up with it all. I actually have to thank you for bringing up excellent points on my behalf. Thanks for following our little bet/agreement. You are truly a man of your word.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

The Great One

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    Well it is MY thread. and Yes, I suppose I lurk here. If lurking means being passionate for the sport of hockey and anything that encompasses the sport (including blogs). BUT, unfortunately for you all I must be off. Gotta shave my playoff beard and head to the taylors to get my suit up to snuf. GOOD CHAT. NICE TALKING. IT WAS ENTERTAINING. UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.

special thanks to craznuck for putting up with it all. I actually have to thank you for bringing up excellent points on my behalf. Thanks for following our little bet/agreement. You are truly a man of your word.
    Are they putting polka dots on it? I hear the market for kids birthday parties is pretty competetive this time of year... :woohoo:

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

Well this thread made for an entertaining morning.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Crosby is...

i give ben10 2min. for being the instigator , crazynuck gets bonus pts. for living up to the bet.i hope that\'s an italian suit as it takes a lot to make bullshit look good!,lol.ok , 2mins for me , unsportsmanlike!,lol.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Crosby is...

If I was an NHL GM I would build my team around Crosby in real or fantasy. Malkin is not far behind though. Detroit is just a really good team and I have always said the west is way ahead of the east. The east may score more goals and is better for fantasy hockey but the west wins cups.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

I used to respect the thoughts of Crazy. He\'s been different lately... His reasoning has gone to the dogs. I think he may deserve a karma drain for some of the recent calls he has been making. :-/

Banned

Default Crosby is...

ok so I spent the last 20 mins reading through all these posts so thank u very much crazy, ben, et al for wasting valuable time I could have spent staring at the wall.

Near as i can tell you chuckleheads had some kind of bet that Nucks lost that requires him to kiss Ben\'s ass and support every inane thing that he thinks to write...Ben on the other hand just picked the stupidest thing he could think of to post and then argued it furiously and poorly to try to instigate as much fury as possible...how am I doin so far guys?

But Ben IS a wings fan so he probably legitimately dislikes Crosby and having to listen to the media gush all over him everytime he steps on the ice...its ****ing annoying and I hate it too. So yeah it probably wasn\'t much of a stretch for him to come up with that ludicrous an argument.

In any event:

-Crosby is one of the most talented players in the league and hes still a kid, he plays hard, has great hands with the puck and while I agree he should shoot more he\'s already a great setup man.
    -He could easily break 150 pts, though it may take a few years
    -Ben obviously never did his homework...13 of his 21 playoff assists were 1st assists
    -he really is a whiny little bitch sometimes, he needs to stop that, immediately
    -I hate the practice of giving the capitancy to 20 year old kids, you should halfta earn that shit

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    ok so I spent the last 20 mins reading through all these posts so thank u very much crazy, ben, et al for wasting valuable time I could have spent staring at the wall.

Near as i can tell you chuckleheads had some kind of bet that Nucks lost that requires him to kiss Ben\'s ass and support every inane thing that he thinks to write...Ben on the other hand just picked the stupidest thing he could think of to post and then argued it furiously and poorly to try to instigate as much fury as possible...how am I doin so far guys?

But Ben IS a wings fan so he probably legitimately dislikes Crosby and having to listen to the media gush all over him everytime he steps on the ice...its ****ing annoying and I hate it too. So yeah it probably wasn\'t much of a stretch for him to come up with that ludicrous an argument.

In any event:

-Crosby is one of the most talented players in the league and hes still a kid, he plays hard, has great hands with the puck and while I agree he should shoot more he\'s already a great setup man.
    -He could easily break 150 pts, though it may take a few years
    -Ben obviously never did his homework...13 of his 21 playoff assists were 1st assists
    -he really is a whiny little bitch sometimes, he needs to stop that, immediately
    -I hate the practice of giving the capitancy to 20 year old kids, you should halfta earn that shit
    bang on Mcgoo... your new to the site so let me give you more of a background. Ben10 tends to have different views than most on this site and ost of the time does not back it up with many valid pts. One day a thread got out of line and actually some posts had to be deleted. Dobber than decided that out of the 3 of us whoever did better in the playoff pool could say whatever they wanted and the other two would have to agree. I live up to my bets but have not seen anything from Flyer who I am sure will live up to it aswell.

For my actual thoughts please refer to posts under the name of \"thepriceisright\". Those who know me well know that is my other user name.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    I used to respect the thoughts of Crazy. He\'s been different lately... His reasoning has gone to the dogs. I think he may deserve a karma drain for some of the recent calls he has been making. :-/
    AW your welcome to take my spot in the hall of shame.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Banned

Default Crosby is...

Crazynuck wrote:
    bang on Mcgoo... your new to the site so let me give you more of a background. Ben10 tends to have different views than most on this site and ost of the time does not back it up with many valid pts. One day a thread got out of line and actually some posts had to be deleted. Dobber than decided that out of the 3 of us whoever did better in the playoff pool could say whatever they wanted and the other two would have to agree. I live up to my bets but have not seen anything from Flyer who I am sure will live up to it aswell.

For my actual thoughts please refer to posts under the name of \"thepriceisright\". Those who know me well know that is my other user name.
    cool, I\'ll hafta stay tuned and see what flyers has to contribute :silly:

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

I\'m waiting for his comments aswell...Flyers where are you???
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

Mcgoo do you have an email... have read a few of your posts and have some questions I would like to ask you about this pool manager program your working on. I was away for holiday and missed out on the whole discussion you had going on with Ultrawhiteness and others on the forum.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Crosby is...

Sorry im a little late fellas. Crosby is a terrible player. Im thinking of trading him off for Trent Klatt and Chris Therien. Ben10 is completly correct. Not a game changer at all. Never ever will he break the 150 mark. Please guys cut Ben10 a break is on top of his game with this one!
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM