Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Crosby is...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

His ability to what? Play the full 2 minutes on each and every powerplay waiting for one of Gonchar, Malkin, or Hossa to get him an assist?
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

goavsgo wrote:
    ben is placing way too much value on ovechkin\'s ability to score. you are acting as if scoring goals is the end all be all of hockey supremacy. setting them up is just as good as finishing them off. crosby\'s overall ability exceeds that of anyone in the game.
    I have to agree with my fellow Avs fan on this one... are you going to tell me Gretzky\'s 163 assists in a single season wasn\'t as impressive as scoring 92 goals??
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Can we factor in the \"ghost assists\" factor. Huge issue when bringing up Gretzky\'s point totals. Then again, lets not and focus on the topic at hand. Different era, different hockey.
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    Should I repeat myself? Ok.

Crosby = 27 points. 21 of those being assists. more than likely half of those were second assists which is barely significant (arguable). 14 of his points were on the PP. ANYONE CAN GET ASSISTS ON THE PENGUINS POWERPLAY. ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYING UNDISCIPLINED TEAMS SUCH AS RANGERS AND FLYERS. An assists is easy to achieve on a team that has gamebreakers such as Hossa and Malkin who basically are the reason for your assists (sniping them home after he who you passed it to passed it to one of them) B)
    So now none of Crosby\'s 2nd assists count? You say anyone can get points on the Pens PP. You ever consider that there is so many PP points because of Crosby running it? You actually are insane, you think Green is the next Orr and will easily break 82 pts yet Crosby is a joke and will never top 150. I can\'t believe you won our pool.
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Crosby is...

Crazynuck wrote:
    Maple smarten up,Ben10 is the most knowledgeable fantasy guru in the world and his analysis makes complete sense since he lives in Det. Malkin was the best player up until the finals and Det just plain shut him down. Det is the best team in the NHL, Malkin just had no chance.
    ah, he\'s from detroit, it all makes sense now (since his logic didn\'t)...
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Which year? Ive won each and every pool youve been in with me. AND yes, thank you for noticing this is a rant created for the sole purpose of getting Crazynuck and Flyersfan to agree with me...and stir up a debate/discussion...FUN isn\'t it?
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:

Crosby = 27 points. 21 of those being assists. more than likely half of those were second assists which is barely significant (arguable). 14 of his points were on the PP. ANYONE CAN GET ASSISTS ON THE PENGUINS POWERPLAY. ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYING UNDISCIPLINED TEAMS SUCH AS RANGERS AND FLYERS. An assists is easy to achieve on a team that has gamebreakers such as Hossa and Malkin who basically are the reason for your assists (sniping them home after he who you passed it to passed it to one of them) B)
    Anyone can tap in a cross crease pass set up by the best pure playmaker in the game today. You\'re taking away from Crosby\'s hard work, incredible athleticism. Last night for example when he set up Malkin on the PP... that was a sick feed through the slot right on the tape. Osgood had no chance on the play. You shouldn\'t be penalized for being a team player and setting up your teammates for easy goals because of your skill and wizardry with the puck.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    Which year? Ive won each and every pool youve been in with me. AND yes, thank you for noticing this is a rant created for the sole purpose of getting Crazynuck and Flyersfan to agree with me...and stir up a debate/discussion...FUN isn\'t it?
    Oh well you won this year but that\'s all you have. You will be 3rd in our division for years to come.
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Wrong, Im not from Detroit. London, Ontario actually. Technically, I should be a Leafs fan but, since birth, Ive bled red (and white if you count puss). Thus, Red Wings have been my team since birth.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Crosby is...

oh wait you won\'t even get 3rd cause you got kicked out of the league i forgot. hahahaha

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    Wrong, Im not from Detroit. London, Ontario actually. Technically, I should be a Leafs fan but, since birth, Ive bled red (and white if you count puss). Thus, Red Wings have been my team since birth.
    Ummm wouldn\'t that make us all Red Wings fans than??

Thankfully not
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:

Anyone can tap in a cross crease pass set up by the best pure playmaker in the game today. You\'re taking away from Crosby\'s hard work, incredible athleticism. Last night for example when he set up Malkin on the PP... that was a sick feed through the slot right on the tape. Osgood had no chance on the play. You shouldn\'t be penalized for being a team player and setting up your teammates for easy goals because of your skill and wizardry with the puck.

How was that an incredible feed? It was a basic pass back to the point. What is your definition of the word \"slot\"? For we who know anything about hockey, slot = bottom of the circles above the crease) NOT above of circle near the blueline. Besides, Osgood HAD a chance. He was 100% ready for the shot. He was 100% in the right place at the right time. Malkins shot just beat him clearly through the five hole.
    RW
    D
    G

The Great One

Default Crosby is...

By far the most annoying thread I have read in weeks, and I think I am actually dumber for having read it. Ben makes Don Cherry look like an informed/level-headed Hockey analyst...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Fighting_Emu wrote:
    By far the most annoying thread I have read in weeks, and I think I am actually dumber for having read it. Ben makes Don Cherry look like an informed Hockey analyst...

This coming from he who already had problems noticing a bear was in his oatmeal.
    RW
    D
    G

The Great One

Default Crosby is...

Do you just lurk here waiting for people to respond to this crap?! My post was up less than a minute... Wow... Just Wow...