Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosby is...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Again: They were playing the RED WINGS. The most dangerous team to have a powerplay against. I said that factoring out the fact that the were playing the DETROIT RED WINGS. Remember who the Pens played in rds 1, 2 and 3? good cuz i only remember 2 of them of the top of my head...Rangers and Flyers...two highly penalized teams = lots of PP for Pens and Crosby.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:
    But (besides the fact that he is a cry baby) he can\'t go through a team and score like Malkin and Ovechkin. At least, it doesn\'t look as nice when (Ok, hes done it 2 or 3 times in his career) Crosby does it.
    I\'m not sure what Stanley Cup Final you were watching, but the last time I checked Malkin didn\'t walk through shit against Detroit. Hell he had a hard enough time getting around one guy, let alone the whole team. Everytime he tried to \"go\" through a team all he did was turn the puck over which lead to a scoring chance going back the other way half the time. Crosby outplayed Malkin... period. He just looked slow, tired, and sluggish on the ice.
    Maple smarten up,Ben10 is the most knowledgeable fantasy guru in the world and his analysis makes complete sense since he lives in Det. Malkin was the best player up until the finals and Det just plain shut him down. Det is the best team in the NHL, Malkin just had no chance.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:
    But (besides the fact that he is a cry baby) he can\'t go through a team and score like Malkin and Ovechkin. At least, it doesn\'t look as nice when (Ok, hes done it 2 or 3 times in his career) Crosby does it.
    I\'m not sure what Stanley Cup Final you were watching, but the last time I checked Malkin didn\'t walk through shit against Detroit. Hell he had a hard enough time getting around one guy, let alone the whole team. Everytime he tried to \"go\" through a team all he did was turn the puck over which lead to a scoring chance going back the other way half the time. Crosby outplayed Malkin... period. He just looked slow, tired, and sluggish on the ice.

Answer: DID YOU SEE WHO HE WAS PLAYING AGAINST? THE DETROIT RED WINGS! MY DETROIT RED WINGS. You must be a fool to think you can dangle through what is undangleable. GOWINGSGO.

I never said he had to dangle through the whole team, at least make the right decision... when you\'re going in 1 on 4, dump the puck in deep and either go chase it or get your sad sorry ass off to the bench. Instead he tries to make a move while the team is changing and he\'s tired so when he turns the puck over the Pens are caught and he\'s too tired/lazy to back check on the play. The early success in the playoffs went straight to Malkin\'s head. He\'s too full of himself and it showed in the last 9 games or so. The team comes first... but not to this kid... the Pens will never be able to resign him either, because he\'ll want max money, but the Pens won\'t give him more than what Crosby is getting.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:
    PPS. 14 of his 27 points were on the powerplay...anyone can get an assist playing on the penguins powerplay.
    Ohhhh... the mighty Penguins PP.. we\'re talking about a PP that can\'t score 5 on 3. Hell they can\'t carry the puck into the zone successfully, or even beat only 3 red wings on the ice when they dump it into the zone and they were all standing at the blue line. The Pens love the one timer and the fact that they had all left handed shots was horrible... you knew the one timer was only coming from one side of the ice making it much easier for the defenders to stay in position and not over play.
    Pens have the best PP in the NHL and the fact that Det shut them out speaks volumes of their team. Who else could shut down the likes of Malkin, Hossa, Gonchar, Malone & Crosby(not the best player)... no one Det rules.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Crosby is...

haha this already annoying me, it\'s like there are 2 bens around
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:

Answer: DID YOU SEE WHO HE WAS PLAYING AGAINST? THE DETROIT RED WINGS! MY DETROIT RED WINGS. You must be a fool to think you can dangle through what is undangleable. GOWINGSGO.

I never said he had to dangle through the whole team, at least make the right decision... when you\'re going in 1 on 4, dump the puck in deep and either go chase it or get your sad sorry ass off to the bench. Instead he tries to make a move while the team is changing and he\'s tired so when he turns the puck over the Pens are caught and he\'s too tired/lazy to back check on the play. The early success in the playoffs went straight to Malkin\'s head. He\'s too full of himself and it showed in the last 9 games or so. The team comes first... but not to this kid... the Pens will never be able to resign him either, because he\'ll want max money, but the Pens won\'t give him more than what Crosby is getting.
    Lets not be so quick to forget that the Pens were a better team without Crosby in the regular season. He will need another few years to become a team player but his size and skill will make him a better fantasy player than Crosby.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    Again: They were playing the RED WINGS. The most dangerous team to have a powerplay against. I said that factoring out the fact that the were playing the DETROIT RED WINGS. Remember who the Pens played in rds 1, 2 and 3? good cuz i only remember 2 of them of the top of my head...Rangers and Flyers...two highly penalized teams = lots of PP for Pens and Crosby.
    Once again, Detroit\'s PK was only ranked 8th during the season, and 4th during the playoffs... heck even the Pens PK was better in the playoffs than Detroit\'s. As for the Pens having lots of PP...that\'s unfortunate because the Red Wings had more chances on the PP than Pittsburgh did throughout the playoffs (106-92). They just couldn\'t put the puck in the net as much.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Forgot to mention those facts...atta boy crazynuck. take note! all of you.
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:
    Once again, Detroit\'s PK was only ranked 8th during the season, and 4th during the playoffs... heck even the Pens PK was better in the playoffs than Detroit\'s. As for the Pens having lots of PP...that\'s unfortunate because the Red Wings had more chances on the PP than Pittsburgh did throughout the playoffs (106-92). They just couldn\'t put the puck in the net as much.

If you could get a 2 minute penalty for whining, detroit would have had twice as much pp time.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

So Ben, unless you actually have some facts to back up your arguements with, I would love to hear them. Otherwise, I think we\'re done here :silly:
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Ive already supported my argument with amples facts...you just need to learn how to read and make sense of the words you have read. hehehehehehehehehehehe. HOW annoying is that laugh.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:

If you could get a 2 minute penalty for whining, detroit would have had twice as much pp time.
    If the Pens were arguing calls on the ice the referees would have been justified in calling them for unsportsmanlike conduct. Apparently it wasn\'t as bad as you make it out to be
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:
    Detroit PP only needed to be so good during the first 3 rounds and during the playoffs. In the finals they had to play to their full potential given the PP they were facing. All those rankings go out the door in the finals and it comes down to what a team can do when it really counts. Detroit proved they are the best in every situation as the series should have never gone to 6 games.

We must all remember that out hockey knowledge is lightyears behind that of Ben10. For us simple folks I shall reword his statements.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Crosby is...

I think it would also be fair if Cnuck didn\'t keep refering to this as a bet, I think he should just comment on Ben\'s prior comments and that should be it. I think it would be funnier that way.

Where is this other guy who lost the bet??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

Clearly you have missed the point of this post. Your points are just as valid as mine. All depends on how you look at them. Once again, you have missed the point of this post.
    RW
    D
    G