Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Crosby is...

Banned

Default Crosby is...

yep, you know what it is? Its jealousy and sour grapes mostly...I hated Gretzky thru most of the early part of his career and it wasn\'t until years later that I was able to look at him objectively as the talent he was...I was biased because he wasn\'t on my team and he wasn\'t a bruiser. I suspect its much the same with Crosby

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Crosby is...

Crosby\'s persona to a degree reminds me of Vince Carter when he played for the Toronto Raptors (NBA)..... In Carter\'s case, there was always something about his personality and how he interacted with the media that resulted in them always being on his case. For Crosby it\'s not necessarily a media thing but rather his ornery/seemingly whiney on-ice persona that seems to be causing some people (many of them Regular Joe hockey fans) to dismiss -- or at the very least downgrade -- his immense ability.

I have no problem with people arguing that Ovechkin is right up there with Crosby as the best in the world..... But for anyone to say that Crosby is not a once-in-a-generation player would be to deny something that is obvious.

Post-Gretzky and Lemieux, aside from Jagr (in his prime) and Forsberg (when healthy and in his prime) I\'m not sure I\'ve seen anyone close to Crosby and Ovechkin in terms of sheer offensive talent. Malkin is right up there too.

We can all look forward to at least a decade of amazing hockey from these three.
    Six-Team League (8 keepers; 25-player roster; minimum of 4 defencemen; 1 team/goalies; bottom five players do not count in point totals)
    **Crosby, Benn, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Kopitar, Mackinnon

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Crosby is...

flanders wrote:
    Crosby\'s persona to a degree reminds me of Vince Carter when he played for the Toronto Raptors (NBA)..... In Carter\'s case, there was always something about his personality and how he interacted with the media that resulted in them always being on his case. For Crosby it\'s not necessarily a media thing but rather his ornery/seemingly whiney on-ice persona that seems to be causing some people (many of them Regular Joe hockey fans) to dismiss -- or at the very least downgrade -- his immense ability.

I have no problem with people arguing that Ovechkin is right up there with Crosby as the best in the world..... But for anyone to say that Crosby is not a once-in-a-generation player would be to deny something that is obvious.

Post-Gretzky and Lemieux, aside from Jagr (in his prime) and Forsberg (when healthy and in his prime) I\'m not sure I\'ve seen anyone close to Crosby and Ovechkin in terms of sheer offensive talent. Malkin is right up there too.

We can all look forward to at least a decade of amazing hockey from these three.
    nah I read in a scouting report in a dream the other night that malkin was going to lose a leg in an accident. Scratch him from the list.
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz

The Great One

Default Crosby is...

habsloverhater wrote:
    ...not a band-aid boy... hopefully...