Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosby is...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

the worst player in the league. Crazynuck and Flyers...what say you on this matter?

Ok maybe not the worst player. Definitely top 3. But saying he will get 150 points one year...simply blasphemous. Unless of course they make the nets bigger and the goalie equipment smaller...at the same time, teams are getting better and better at shutting down superstar players. Its only getting tougher for the cry baby to get his nightly point(s).

Edit:

Skill/Entertainment-wise...

Ovechkin @ 100% > Crosby @ 100%
    Malkin @ 100% > Crosby @ 100%

Yes, Crosby has speed. Yes, Crosby can pass. But (besides the fact that he is a cry baby) he can\'t go through a team and score like Malkin and Ovechkin. At least, it doesn\'t look as nice when (Ok, hes done it 2 or 3 times in his career) Crosby does it. Basically, what I am trying to say is...Crosby is far from being a gamebreaker. Malkin and Ovechkin can win a game by themselves...

Id also like to note how annoying Canadian broadcasters are when Crosby is playing. Every little thing he does, no matter how insignificant, the worship. For example, Game 5, Crosby takes a pass behind him and brings it up to his stick through his legs \"OMG WHAT AN INCREDIBLE PLAY BY CROSBY; SIMPLY INCREDIBLE; WAOW; ONLY WITH CROSBY!\" ...Game 6, Zetterberg does the exact same thing...and the SAME broadcaster from game 5 doesn\'t even acknowledge Zetterberg has the puck. FIGGER that one out!

Lets see if this stirs some debate.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

How did I know this would be the first order of business.

I have to completely agree with Ben10 on this one. There is no way Crosby will ever hit the 150 pt mark. He is also not the top player in the league and just barely slips into the top 3.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

lol Crazynuck, I only did this one for Flyersfan...I dont know why since he is a Crosby hater by nature of the Pens/Flyers rivalry. I wasnt thinking about you on this one. If I was 1% of a nicer guy I would let you off the hook for our bet. But I appreciate your enthousiasm.
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

I\'m a man of my word and if I make a bet I stick to it.
    No matter how painful it is. :P
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Crosby is...

you guys are on crack!

top scorer (tied) in the playoffs, coming off a severe ankle injury that takes several months OF REST to heal properly...you guys are fools.
    Detroit is the top team in ther NHL and play a tremendous defensive game, and he still managed to persevere and carry his team to 6 games.
    Witness game 3, dude was a MONSTER.

Furthermore he had 102 pts as a rookie, 120 as a 19 yr old, playing with Colby Fricken Armstrong...lol!
    No doubt he will score 150 plus in his prime years!

let me guess malkin is better, yeah, better at disappearing at crunch time.

OV is a better goal scorer, the best we\'ve seen in quite some time, but Crosby is THE MAN, best player for the next 15 years, well, at least until my son gets drafted and takes over the torch!!!

ok, ok, I\'ll switch to decaf, but point made....CHECK MATE!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

lol, first of all- your john ferguson jr...nuf said.

second of all- this is an inside joke kinda thing with crazy and flyers...I enjoy your enthousiasm though while, in all seriousness, I disagree with you.

PS. 27 points, 21 of them being assists, hardly counts as being a monster in the playoffs. scoring goals = gamebreaking . ok Ill give him 50% or maybe 75% of his assists as first assits...making them a little more important. But as many as half of his assists, arguably more, were second assists, which is hardly worth classyfying the kid as \"gamebreaking/monsterworthy\". Again, I say this for arguments sake. Keep IT Comin!

PPS. 14 of his 27 points were on the powerplay...anyone can get an assist playing on the penguins powerplay.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

John Ferguson Jr wrote:
    you guys are on crack!

top scorer (tied) in the playoffs, coming off a severe ankle injury that takes several months OF REST to heal properly...you guys are fools.
    Detroit is the top team in ther NHL and play a tremendous defensive game, and he still managed to persevere and carry his team to 6 games.
    Witness game 3, dude was a MONSTER.

Furthermore he had 102 pts as a rookie, 120 as a 19 yr old, playing with Colby Fricken Armstrong...lol!
    No doubt he will score 150 plus in his prime years!

let me guess malkin is better, yeah, better at disappearing at crunch time.

OV is a better goal scorer, the best we\'ve seen in quite some time, but Crosby is THE MAN, best player for the next 15 years, well, at least until my son gets drafted and takes over the torch!!!

ok, ok, I\'ll switch to decaf, but point made....CHECK MATE!
    pleas check thread titled \"Cagematch Ben10, Flyers and Crazynuck\" in the others section.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Crosby is...

As JFJ said, 120 pts when he is 19! Not going to reach his prime for 8 years or so. He is bound to reach 150 at least one of those years.
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

goavsgo... you should have been the cagematch aswell. You were one of the reasons it got so heated. Funny how I only see you post when Ben10 does. best friends forever :laugh:

I had another sip of coffee and Crosby is still not #1.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    But (besides the fact that he is a cry baby) he can\'t go through a team and score like Malkin and Ovechkin. At least, it doesn\'t look as nice when (Ok, hes done it 2 or 3 times in his career) Crosby does it.
    I\'m not sure what Stanley Cup Final you were watching, but the last time I checked Malkin didn\'t walk through shit against Detroit. Hell he had a hard enough time getting around one guy, let alone the whole team. Everytime he tried to \"go\" through a team all he did was turn the puck over which lead to a scoring chance going back the other way half the time. Crosby outplayed Malkin... period. He just looked slow, tired, and sluggish on the ice.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

lol Im gaining more and more respect for you Crazy...god I love you. Anyways, ya, goavsgo just likes to argue with me for the sake of deepening our everlasting friendship. Just kindling the flames. Deep down inside, he wants me. I know he is constantly asking himself \"why cant a heterosexual guy tell a hetersexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly\"...thing is, its a homosexual guy wanting to tell a heterosexual guy that...haha JUST kidding. But seriously...Im not. :huh:
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Crosby is...

mapletreemarty wrote:
    ben10rules wrote:
    But (besides the fact that he is a cry baby) he can\'t go through a team and score like Malkin and Ovechkin. At least, it doesn\'t look as nice when (Ok, hes done it 2 or 3 times in his career) Crosby does it.
    I\'m not sure what Stanley Cup Final you were watching, but the last time I checked Malkin didn\'t walk through shit against Detroit. Hell he had a hard enough time getting around one guy, let alone the whole team. Everytime he tried to \"go\" through a team all he did was turn the puck over which lead to a scoring chance going back the other way half the time. Crosby outplayed Malkin... period. He just looked slow, tired, and sluggish on the ice.

Answer: DID YOU SEE WHO HE WAS PLAYING AGAINST? THE DETROIT RED WINGS! MY DETROIT RED WINGS. You must be a fool to think you can dangle through what is undangleable. GOWINGSGO.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Master

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    lol Im gaining more and more respect for you Crazy...god I love you. Anyways, ya, goavsgo just likes to argue with me for the sake of deepening our everlasting friendship. Just kindling the flames. Deep down inside, he wants me. I know he is constantly asking himself \"why cant a heterosexual guy tell a hetersexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly\"...thing is, its a homosexual guy wanting to tell a heterosexual guy that...haha JUST kidding. But seriously...Im not. :huh:
    Wow I think that just crossed the boundries of the I agree with you game. I\'ll let the goavsgo talk stay between the two of you.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    PPS. 14 of his 27 points were on the powerplay...anyone can get an assist playing on the penguins powerplay.
    Ohhhh... the mighty Penguins PP.. we\'re talking about a PP that can\'t score 5 on 3. Hell they can\'t carry the puck into the zone successfully, or even beat only 3 red wings on the ice when they dump it into the zone and they were all standing at the blue line. The Pens love the one timer and the fact that they had all left handed shots was horrible... you knew the one timer was only coming from one side of the ice making it much easier for the defenders to stay in position and not over play.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Crosby is...

ben10rules wrote:
    lol, first of all- your john ferguson jr...nuf said.

second of all- this is an inside joke kinda thing with crazy and flyers...I enjoy your enthousiasm though while, in all seriousness, I disagree with you.
    First, if I had Crosby I\'d still have a job and wouldn\'t be resigned to engaging in foolhardy discussions about malkin being better than Sid.

Second, inside jokes aside, this anti-Sid sentiment is gaining momentum is various circles and is severly lacking in common sense. As such an enthusiastic and emphatic response is warranted...:P

Malkin is better...lol, maybe next year in a salary cap pool...maybe!

In real life?
    Naww man, that\'s like saying Ugly Betty is sexier than Scarlett Johansson. :blush: