Thread: Studs & Duds - Tuesday 10/22

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Studs & Duds - Tuesday 10/22

STUDS

Phil Kessel – I love it when good deeds are rewarded. Karma certainly smiled on Phil last night with his first hat-trick of the season, and the luxury box full of kids with cancer got more than they hoped for as well. Kessel has come a long way since he himself was diagnosed with cancer, so it’s great to see him return the favour.

Kessel also delighted fantasy owners by filling multiple stat categories in addition to his 3 goals. He finished the night +2, had 4 SOG and 1 HIT. If your league awards bonus points he helped you there as well. He had a PPG and the GWG. Maybe Kessel should donate a box every game?

Andrew Ladd – He did pretty much everything he could to help the Jets beat the Caps but the win was not to be. Ladd assisted on 3 of the Winnipeg goals and also finished +2. I for one am loving his play at the moment as he is definitely helping me keep out of the basement in the Dobber Pro League. In addition to the 3 assists and +2 he contributed 5 SOG, 2 blocked shots and 4 HITS.

Bryan Little was no slouch himself adding 2 goals, +2, 2 PIM, 6 SOG and a blocked shot.

Matt Moulson – The “I am Canadian” Canadian tried to beat the Canucks by himself, although the man advantage may have contributed somewhat. Moulson fired in 2 PPG, 5 SOG, 1 blocked shot and a hit.

Other studs of the night also include these multi-cat fillers …

Frans Nielson – 1 G, 2 A, 2 PIM, 2 SOG, 2 Blocks and 1 HIT
    James Wisniewski – 1 G, 1 A, +2, 3 SOG, 3 Blocks and 1 HIT
    Brandon Dubinsky – 1 G, 1 A, +3, 2 PIM, 4 SOG and was 50% in face-offs
    Josh Harding with a 16 save shut-out.

DUDS

The New Jersey Devil’s IDENTITY! – It’s almost as if no-one wants to represent this team. I know they have Jaromir Jagr now but that’s only good if they want to compete with Poligrip! It was frustrating me to no end trying to figure out who was the biggest dud on this team.

Adam Henrique – I remember last year when everyone was clamoring to add him to their roster. I bet now they can’t drop him fast enough. All he could muster, in 19:56 of ice-time was 1 SOG and 1 HIT.

Henrique had the 3rd highest TOI of all Devils and a pathetic 36% in the face-off circle.

Nashville’s weak attempt at shooting the puck anywhere near the goal. - Even on a team that has “scoring by committee” they couldn’t generate more than 16 shots. And some guy by the name of Craig Smith had 5 of them, almost 32% of the Pred’s shots were by one skater!

Gabriel Bourque - What does he do with 17 minutes of ice-time? Nothing, zeros across the board except for being on the ice when Minnesota scored leaving him with a -1 for the night.

Viktor Stalberg – Not as much time on ice but ONLY one hit, that's it! You are destroying any chance of a come back for me in the Pro league. You used to be a STALwart but now you’re just an iceBERG.

Mikael Backlund – Another player who should be helping with Calgary’s latest success but isn’t. Backlund finished the night a minus two and threw 1 HIT. He was also 50% on face-offs but meh, I doubt that’s why he was drafted.

Until next week!

Cheers

six
    Last edited by sixhands; October 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think Little won something like 16 faceoffs too. Not too shabby
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

I am glad I dumped Backlund for the draft pick that landed Hertl. Moohahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...ha (evil laugh).

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I am glad I dumped Backlund for the draft pick that landed Hertl. Moohahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...ha (evil laugh).
    Now flip Hertl for a higher draft pick
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com