Thread: Kovalev placed on waivers

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re:Kovalev placed on waivers

Pretty sure that\'s a typo, as Montreal placed Downey on waivers so Kovalev could be put back in the lineup now that his elbow\'s better.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/hockey/070226/h022617A.html

I...am your father.

Geez!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

woah, did this thread get merged or something?

Dobber Sports Stud

I don\'t think that USA today is enough of a reputable hockey source for my liking... they quite likely just picked it off the AP or something and it could have been done in error.

does USA today even have a hockey writer ?

I don\'t see anything on tsn.ca which is usually my source, although I guess now dobber is ALSO my source.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Kovalev placed on waivers

According to USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/st.htm

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dustin Mcgowan trade and keeper advice

How will Mcgowan\'s current injury and surgery affect him next year?

I am in a salaried 6x5 (standard + slg %) limited keeper and am considering a deal where I get Mcgowan and give up Arizona OF Chris B. Young.

Both players are in the last year of their contracts in our league and can only be kept for the 2009 season. Due to inflation, Mcgowan will be $8 and Young will be $17

We only keep 8 players and my roster is:
    C: Napoli, Snyder, Kendall
    1B: D.Lee, Delgado
    2B: Hill,Weeks,F.Lopez
    3B: Garciaparra, Iwamura, German
    SS: Theriot, M.Young
    OF: C.Young, Abreu, Ankiel,Hamilton,Fukudome, Roberts, Podsednick
    DH: Thome
    P: Smoltz, Gallardo, Lilly, Meche, Billingsley, Wellemeyer, Kershaw, Pineiro, Byrd, Suppan, D. Cabrera, Pena, Al.Reyes, BJ Ryan, Marmol, Broxton, Torres, Saito

I have Chris B. Young $17, Broxton $8 and Hamilton $12 under contract for next year, thinking that my remaining 5 keepers are: Billingsley $14, Gallardo $14, Kershaw $5, Ankiel $10, and Ryan $10.

McGowan at 8 is as good of a deal as anything else you listed there.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

if salaries arent involved then i just stay with Young but i wouldn\'t like paying $17 for him. McG at 8 makes this deal worth it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How much are C Pena, Marmol and Weeks?
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Also, what is your keeper cap?
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There is no keeper $$ cap, just the 8 players.

I have RP-Tony Pena.

Pena and Marmol would be $10 to keep.

Weeks would be $23.

I have Young, Broxton and Hamilton under contract for next year, so unless I can trade one of those 3, I only have 5 keepers left.

The Mcgowan owner is in contention this year, I am not. He\'s expressed interest in unloading Mcgowan (who he has under contract for next year) for a package of power, speed, wins and/or K\'s.

I\'m thinking along the lines of: mcgowan, votto + 2 warm bodies for meche ($10), lilly (unretainable), young($17), and delgado($14).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hmm I guess I\'m confused. If there is no cap, what does the cost to keep matter?

Also, I\'d rather have Marmol for $10 than McGowan for $8. Marmol is a superstud and a bargain at that. Although, if you don\'t have holds that severly limits that value right now.

Regardless, why not keep C. Young rather than McGowan if there isn\'t a cap. How does the money play into it then?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ah..I thought you were asking if there was a cap on the $$ we could keep (ie. 3 players worth $100 or 8 players worth $100).

We auction 2 x C/1B/2B/3B/SS,1DH,5OF and 9P.

Our auction cap is $312. So I can keep 8 players with no limit on the salary of the players I keep (as long as I can afford to fill out the rest of my roster), but their salary will be taken out of my auction budget.

There is then a reserve draft of 14 players valued at $1.

Categories are: R,HR,RBI,SB,avg,slg, K,W,saves,ERA,WHIP - no category for holds.

So if I keep, Young$17,Broxton$8,Hamilton$12,kershaw$5, gallardo $14, billingsley $14, ankiel $10, ryan $10 - total kept salaries is: $90, I would have $222 left for my 2C/1B/2B/3B/SS,3OF,1DH and 4P.

So I\'m trying to trade Young since $17 is on the high side since he isn\'t looking like the 20+/20+ guy I thought he was. Mcgowan for $8 is a pure value pick since he\'s cheap compared to Young at $17.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That makes more sense. Cool. Yeah I still really like McGowan as a rebound pick so grabbing McGowan is worth the price. Young is kinda risky at that price anyway considering his tendancies to slump badly with that low average.