Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] PHI and EDM Discussing Blockbuster.

Dobber Sports Deity

I can only laugh at all those who start these rumours of the Oilers looking to trade Nail Yakupov.

For god sakes people, he is off to a slow start and the coach is simply trying to kick start him this year. There's a big difference between sending a message to a player and wanting to move a player.

Everyone just needs to chill out. Yakupov will be fine.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DaymanFighterOfTheNiteman View Post
    Bit of a BS rumor if you ask me... But the oil really need to move Yakupov for some D.
    The Oilers don't need D. For the love of god, they don't need another D. They need a goalie who can stop the puck and some depth down the middle but the last thing they need is more D.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    Well, I'll give you a doozy from a buddy of mine who is connected in the NHL. He won't tell me how he is but he has gotten some trades right before.

I find this one hard to believe but he swears there have been talks between Edmonton and Toronto and the names being discussed are Reimer and Gardiner and a pick for Taylor Hall.

Before you jump on me, I'm just telling you what he says he has heard.
    I could buy that offer for Yak, but not Hall. No GM could make a deal like that for Hall and keep his job, the fans would drag him out into the street and tar and feather him before dumping him on a freight train to Yellowknife.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gotta figure there is some kind of deal happening shortly. The team can't just continue to lose and MacTavish isn't the type to just do nothing.

I just don't think this particular source knows anything at all, and appears to be throwing whatever comes to mind out into Twitterland.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well, I'll give you a doozy from a buddy of mine who is connected in the NHL. He won't tell me how he is but he has gotten some trades right before.

I find this one hard to believe but he swears there have been talks between Edmonton and Toronto and the names being discussed are Reimer and Gardiner and a pick for Taylor Hall.

Wouldn't be surprised. Oilers clearly need defense and clearly need a goaltender. Reimer is an upgrade over Dubnyk, and Gardiner had connections to the team. Unfortunately he's not really the type that will help the Oilers.

They really need a high end guy on the blue line to stabalise things, and that's only going to come by trading a guy like Hall. I'd be in favour of moving Hall in the right deal. THe truth is, what they have now simply isn't working. The only player who is untouchable is Nugent-Hopkins as far as I am concerned.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The Oilers don't need D. For the love of god, they don't need another D. They need a goalie who can stop the puck and some depth down the middle but the last thing they need is more D.
    They need better D.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    They need better D.
    Very true.

I think there might be some truth the the Couturier on the move rumors. They seem to be showcasing him. As soon as Berube took over, his PP TOI went from 0 to 2:00min+ pergame. THis could be just a coaching preference but he is one of the biggest trade chips that would net them something.

Both Philly and EDM need BETTER D.

On a side note. Belov is looking good.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Veteran

The thing about the Hall rumour is that the Oilers have 4 or 5 really good young guys. If they are going to fix their team, they are going to have to trade one of them. They need a goalie and they need D. I'm not saying unequivocally the Hall deal happens, but if they are to shore up their awful team they are going to have to deal (imo) Hall or Eberle. Yak is too young, RNH is injury prone and Gagner is injured. So that leaves Eberle and Hall. One of them is going to be asked for in every deal, imo.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't know what planet you're living on, but if you don't think they need to improve their D-core, you're hitting the pipe. You're right about them needing a G though.
    12 Team H2H -
    Start 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 3 UTIL, 3 G
    G, A, PPG, PPA, PIM, HIT - W, GAA, SV%, SO

C- Giroux (RW), Steen (LW), Ribeiro, Bjugstad, Hanzal
    LW- Tatar (RW), Kunitz, Dubinsky (C), Elias
    RW- Wheeler, Little (C), S Reinhart, Strome
    D- Byfuglien (RW), Doughty, Kronwall, Muzzin, Gostisbehere
    G- Quick, Allen, Enroth, McLehnney
    IR- Bobrovsky, Bjugstad, Gallagher

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DaymanFighterOfTheNiteman View Post
    I don't know what planet you're living on, but if you don't think they need to improve their D-core, you're hitting the pipe. You're right about them needing a G though.
    I agree with you 100%. They need D in the worst way.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Chillin View Post
    Rich Smith ‏@ALLsportsINTEL 4h
    Oilers reportedly would want Simmonds, Coburn and either Couturier or Laughton for Nail Yakupov and Hemsky.

God help us.
    Seems somewhat plausible.

I'd bet any amount this never happens but i'd probably bet any amount Hall will not be traded. Hes untouchable compared to the rest of the team.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

OH GAWD...I can't tell you how much I want this one to come true! My Guy playing for My team...MAKE IT SO HOCKEY GAWDS!!!! PLEASE... PLEASE...!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised. Oilers clearly need defense and clearly need a goaltender. Reimer is an upgrade over Dubnyk, and Gardiner had connections to the team. Unfortunately he's not really the type that will help the Oilers.

They really need a high end guy on the blue line to stabalise things, and that's only going to come by trading a guy like Hall. I'd be in favour of moving Hall in the right deal. THe truth is, what they have now simply isn't working. The only player who is untouchable is Nugent-Hopkins as far as I am concerned.
    May make more sense to move a Phaneuf and Reimer if the return is Hall. T.O. can't really afford to pay Phaneuf what I think he's looking to get paid, but Edmonton can. Phaneuf, say what you will about his production in T.O., could step on to an Oiler's team that is looking to win now. They have enough youth (Gardiner is still somewhat of a project). Phaneuf and Shultz would be a fantastic pair, even Phaneuf and Ferrance, and Reimer would be a fantastic upgrade in net.

I doubt Hall is moved, but would LOVE to see it!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Leafs Oilers trade has been talked about for a while. I think the Oilers would be better with Reimer and Gardiner but if I was Edmonton I'm not sure I would make that trade. They could pillage Philly for a little more than that.

My 2 cents, the Oilers are mis-managed from the top. Tom Renney was a good guy, no reason to fire him - Detroit did well to pick him up. They have needed some solid goaltening and an all-star defenseman for a long time now. They have the assets, they need to get it done. Oilers clearly have better scouting than a GM able to make a killer deal. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm guessing we will find out shortly.

The Great One

I'd like to see Yakupov go to the Sens for Lehner and Wiercioch.

Won't happen, I know, but that's the type of deal I'd love to see.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98