Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1990 NHL Draft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default 1990 NHL Draft

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    2003 has to be up there as well.
    Exactly. Come back in 2031 and ask this question.

2008 - 1990 = 18 years
    2003 + 18 years = 2031

Almost every pick in the first round of 2003 is a player. The sheer lack of busts is unprecedented in NHL history.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

I...am your father.

Default 1990 NHL Draft

Karma to whoever can tell me which four players the \'Nucks ultimately turned Nedved and Antoski into.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

Default 1990 NHL Draft

Antoski was dealt to the Philadelphia Flyers for Josef Beranek. Berenek then went to the Pens for ?

They got Janney as compensation for Nedved. Who was traded back to St. Louis for Jeff Brown, Bret Hedican and Nathan LaFayette.

I...am your father.

Default 1990 NHL Draft

+2 for AW
    I was looking for Berenek, Brown, Hedican and LaFayette.

Now time for the big Game 4!
    B)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Default 1990 NHL Draft

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    I cant believe the Flyers took Ricci over Jagr. That goes to show that scouting is not an exact science.

I can\'t believe they took Chris Simon early in the 2nd ...
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

I...am your father.

Default 1990 NHL Draft

Ricci was actually pretty decent offensively to start...but couldn\'t stay healthy and was eventually pigeonholed as a checker.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default 1990 NHL Draft

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    Antoski was dealt to the Philadelphia Flyers for Josef Beranek. Berenek then went to the Pens for ?

They got Janney as compensation for Nedved. Who was traded back to St. Louis for Jeff Brown, Bret Hedican and Nathan LaFayette.
    pretty sure janney refused to report to vancouver...

I...am your father.

Default 1990 NHL Draft

Yes, which was why they traded Janney back to St. Louis for Brown, Hedican and LaFayette. Officially, he was a Canuck for a few days.