Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Melrose to coach Tampa?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Melrose to coach Tampa?

somebody should go and interview Torts RIGHT NOW - wouldn\'t it be great to hear his opinion on Tampa seeking to replace him without first firing him! Too bad they could never play it on network TV - it would be one long BLEEEP.

What a classless move by the new owner(s). Even if the guy\'s a dink, you don\'t go shopping for a replacement without first infroming the current coach
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bighabfan wrote:
    somebody should go and interview Torts RIGHT NOW - wouldn\'t it be great to hear his opinion on Tampa seeking to replace him without first firing him! Too bad they could never play it on network TV - it would be one long BLEEEP.

What a classless move by the new owner(s). Even if the guy\'s a dink, you don\'t go shopping for a replacement without first infroming the current coach
    I agree with you Bighabfan. Although I was reading in The Hockey News that Tortorella told Feaster that it might be time for him to step down as the coach.

It\'s kind of like going out on a date with another woman, knowing you and your wife are going to split, but you just haven\'t told your wife yet.:P

Watch for Tortorella to end up in Ottawa. He\'s just what the doctor ordered for those guys. Giddyup!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

angus wrote:
    Because he would probably murder some nosy reporter. The guy blows a gasket after every loss in TB. He would be eaten alive by some of the slime-ball media members up north.

He is a good coach though, I agree with that.
    I just had a vision of Ottawa Sun\'s Don Brennan asking Torts a goofy question after a particularly ugly loss. I would pay to see that on Pay-Per-View.:woohoo:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Guru

hold the phone, somehow i missed this before.

you\'re telling me that the new slimeball, movie producer owner is about to hire some shitty tv talking head with a huge mullet who hasn\'t coached in more than a decade?

how the hell is that gonna work?

Dobber Sports Pro

ultrawhiteness wrote:

you\'re telling me that the new slimeball, movie producer owner is about to hire some shitty tv talking head with a huge mullet who hasn\'t coached in more than a decade?

I have a novel idea. It involves a few steps.

1) Melrose must slick his hair back each and every game
    2) Use a modified Flying V
    3) Win.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Sage

Melrose said he thinks he can convert Stamkos into his new #1 goaltender.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Expert

duballstar014 wrote:
    double post...sorry folks. never happened to me before.
    don\'t worry, it happens to everybody now and then

Dobber Sports Ninja

ultrawhiteness wrote:

Two words: Chili Palmer

Dobber Sports Guru

The Comish wrote:
    ultrawhiteness wrote:

Two words: Chili Palmer
    HAH!

hahahahahah

hahahh haha hahahahhaha

niiiccceee.

Banned

appears this really is going to happen and wasn\'t just a rumor...AND Gretz gives it his blessing:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun...orts-lightning