Thread: Savard + 6th for Marleau, Brunette, Zidlicky +9th

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Savard + 6th for Marleau, Brunette, Zidlicky +9th

I have a couple of questions for everyone. I just inherited a team in a keeper league and have decided that rebuilding is the best route. It was a pretty bad team but it has/had a couple of great players that people have been inquiring about. The league consists of 20 teams and we keep 8 and draft 12. My current keepers are as follows:

Center - Marc Savard
    Left Wing - Michael Cammalleri
    Right Wing - Corey Perry
    Defenseman - Derek Morris
    Winger - Radim Vrbata
    Forward - Shaun Horcoff
    Utility - Jussi Jokinen
    Goaltender - Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Like I said, the team was brutal when I got it and I have been trying to rebuild. I have been offered two potential packages for Savard and was wondering if you guys thought the trades were good value:

Savard + 6th round pick for Marleau, Brunette, Zidlicky, and a 9th round pick.

OR

Savard + 12th round pick for Pavelski, Brunette, Zidlicky, and a 5th round pick.

Please let me know your thoughts on the trade and I appreciate your help. Lastly, I made a deal for some depth and wanted to see if you guys thought it was a good decision:

My Zetterberg + 6th for Perry, Cammalleri, Horcoff, Vrbata, and a 3rd. Thanks again!

Dobber Sports Sage

Your first trade wasn\'t too bad, I REALLY like Perry\'s upside and Cammallari in the right situation has 90 point upside. Horcoff is surrounded by good players and should feed off of that, Vrbata still has yet to prove himself as a consistent threat. So i think you did a good job on that trade.

I don\'t really like the second trade though. Savard is a multi-cat stud, one of the few who can post 100 points and 100 PIM\'s, and boston is getting nothing but better. Who knows where Marleau might end up next year, brunette is coming to the end of his career and is not much of a fanatasy cintributor anymore. Zidlicky is a consistent 35-40 point guy, but with the young guys in Nashville (weber and Suter) who knows how much they are gonna depend on him. I, personally, would look for a better package then that. The players offered to you all have the potential to be good fantasy players, but Marleau is really the only potentially great one, and he hasn\'t shown much of that lately.

I would play hard ball with Savard as I consider him your best fantasy player right now (with Perry close behind)

Look for something better! I\'d look for someone who is going to contribute now, and a young stud, someone destined to put up big numbers that another GM is not willing to wait for, you cant really re-build with brunette and zidlicky. Good Luck!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

If you plan on rebuilding, go younger than brunette and zidlicky, and even marleau. I like the Pavelski trade better, but still would need a lot more than the other two in order to pull the trigger@!@
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

if you\'re rebuilding what do you need the depth for?

if you\'re rebuilding shouldn\'t you be looking for young potential super stars?

if you\'re going to trade a stud you need to be getting either stud players in return or the potential of stud players in return. Neither of those trades falls into that category.

I can\'t believe you were even asked to throw in a pick.
    12 team H2H keeper
    12F, 6D, 2G, 5 bench (protect 8,9, 10, or 11, only 1 G)

F&D: G (2x), A, PPP, PIM, Hit, Blk, +/-
    G: W, GAA, SV%, GAA

F: Aho, Connor, MacKinnon, Robertson, Boldy, Cozens, Thomas, Eriksson Ek, Pacioretty, Schwartz, Strome, Wilson, Foligno, Novak,

D: Ekblad, Montour, Edvinsson, Krug, Xhekaj, Hronek, Gudas,

G: Jarry, Markstrom, Gustavsson, Korpisalo