Thread: E.Staal + Ribeiro for P.Bergeron + C.Price

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default E.Staal + Ribeiro for P.Bergeron + C.Price

Staal is my best offensive player, but can I pass up the chance to get Price. I have Lundqvist so I would be set at goal for ages.

Time an issue, appreciate the input,

Thank guys.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Padawan

If Staal is your best offensive player then Ribero must be your second and if thats the case I would have to say no. P. Bergeron is damaged goods right now and Price is sell high right now and has got a lot of attention going into and during the playoffs. Buuut...I\'m still not sold 100% that he\'s a sure thing.
    His last 3 games against Philly he looked really shaky and unconfident. He stated at the end of the series that he was tired after all the hockey he played this year. He didn\'t even play 40 games in the NHL!
    Let\'s wait and let him play a whole season before we don him the next Roy. And I think you should wait too.

It would be nice to know what your categories are and what your roster is like but I\'m inclined to say no deal.
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No Ribeiro isn\'t my next best offensively. Pts only we dress 10F
    6D
    1G

Ribeiro is expendable for me because I\'m not sure he can repeat.
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Ace

I\'d stand pat if I were you although I\'m not sure if Ribeiro can do as well as last year.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Padawan

In for a penny if you told us your roster that may help a little bit more??

If it\'s points only I\'m not sure why you two think Ribeiro is expendable. He lead his team (a very good one) in points in the regular season and in the playoffs this year. No indication of slowing down unless his attiude changes next season.

I still peg him for 75 points with a ceiling of 85-90.
    He scored close to 30 goals on just 100 shots this year. To put that into perspective C.Higgins had to shoot 2 and half times that much to score the same. Tippett is obviously going to tell him to shoot more next season.

Regardless what\'s not to like?

That\'s just my opinion but if you like Price that much your basically giving up 2 80-90 point centres for him. If it\'s worth it for you then go for it
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I already rejected...caution got the better of me I guess. Just can\'t part with Staal like that.

Have always been iffy on posting my whole team just in case of running into others from my league (also am slightly embarrassed as I wasn\'t as hockey aware when we did the draft so could have had a much better team)

I basicallt drafted a team straight into a rebuilding kind of mode...wist I had found this site before the draft :blush:

Saanichton Cougars