Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE comment on Hertl VS Giroux!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    If there is collusion veto. If the guy is an idiot it is hard to veto, unless the person getting Giroux is already looking like he will win then I see why people want it veto'd. I would not veto it, I'd hold a vote in your league if anything. Get everyone on board.

In other news, can I get the person who traded Giroux for Hertl in my league? I would like to win a lot
    They don't need a league vote. That's why they have a trade committee in the first place, to determine the fairness in deals.

If your league has a trade committee then it looks at every deal, good and bad and determines what's going to happen with the deals.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They don't need a league vote. That's why they have a trade committee in the first place, to determine the fairness in deals.

If your league has a trade committee then it looks at every deal, good and bad and determines what's going to happen with the deals.
    Didn't read that part haha
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

I'm staring to come around now. Every league needs a trade commitee.

And also, a draft sub-committee.

Because what if someone makes a crazy draft pick? Obviously the trade committee couldn't veto a draft pick , so another layer of bureaucracy is absolutely required!

Sorry, just poking a little fun because I really don't get the concept of inviting someone to join a fantasy pool, but then basically telling him that he CAN stay in the league, he just CAN'T manage his team as he sees fit.

And one question, as I'm just curious. Supposing Giroux goes out tonight and blows out his ACL and is done for the year. Does the trade remain veto'ed? Or...suppposing at the 41 game mark of the season...for reasons unknown...Hertl is outpointing Giroux? Does the veto stand or get reversed?
    Last edited by als_revenge; October 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM. Reason: corrected type-o

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm staring to come around now. Every league needs a trade commitee.

And also, a draft sub-committee.

Because what if someone makes a crazy draft pick? Obviously the trade committee couldn't veto a draft pick , so another layer of bureaucracy is absolutely required!

Sorry, just poking a little fun because I really don't get the concept of inviting someone to join a fantasy pool, but then basically telling him that he CAN stay in the league, he just CAN'T manage his team as he sees fit.

And one question, as I'm just curious. Supposing Giroux goes out tonight and blows out his ACL and is done for the year. Does the trade remain veto'ed? Or...suppposing at the 41 game mark of the season...for reasons unknown...Hertl is outpointing Giroux? Does the veto stand or get reversed?
    Hey man, I didn't make up the rules of the road for their league. I am simply pointing out the obvious. Whether its a random league or a league full of friends, if there is a trade committee that oversees all league deals, you are going to run into the chance that a veto will happen.

It's just a chance you will take. You have to think that the guy who just traded away Hertl knew it was coming as well.

I am in leagues with trade committees and leagues without them. Rarely does a veto happen in the leagues with the committees but there's always that chance.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

All this talk of trading Giroux and in comes a trade proposal in one of my leagues:

Giroux for Kunitz and Backes

I have Giroux and am inclined to wait him out a while. Thoughts?
    Fantrax 8 team league H2H, Dynasty, Daily Transactions, 40 players
    Skaters: G 2.5, A 1, Pt 1, FOW 1, FOL -1, Gv -1, PIM -1, SOG 1, Tk 1, Hits 1, Blocks 1, STPGWG 7
    Goalies: W 8, L -7, GA -2.5, SV 1, SO 11
    Team: Dif 1
    Starters: C(4), LW(4), RW(4), D(6), G(2), Tm(1)
    C: Backes, Bergeron, Toews, Monahan, Nelson, Vermette, Lee
    LW: Benn, MacArthur, Tatar, Drouin, Gerbe, Abdelkater
    RW: Brouwer, Callahan, Clutterbuck, Cole, Frolik
    D: Kronwall, Phaneuf, Subban, Vatanen, Weber, Yandle, Boychuk, Krug, Brodie, Ekblad
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Allen
    Team: PIT
    Minors (8): Dal Colle, Domi, Reinhart, Teravainen, Ehlers, Gibson, Salomaki, Nurse
    IR: Comeau, Franzen, Wingels

Dobber Sports Veteran

What a steal! Giroux's a bum and on pace for 0 points this year, while Hertl is on pace for 164 goals!!!!!! On top of that, Hertl is younger...imagine what he'll do when he's Giroux's age.

Seriously though, I would not want to be a part of any league where a trade like that goes down. You are obviously playing with people that know nothing at all about fantasy hockey.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by NHLSim Jackets View Post
    Hi guys,

I am in the trade committee of a new PTS-only Dynasty league. I just vetoed a trade offer that I won't qualify with any word so i don't influence anyone.

Please comment on Hertl VS Giroux 1 vs 1 so that I can show why I vetoed it.

Thanks...
    I think the GM who traded Giroux away for Hertl should be removed from his position, that's how dumb of a trade it is.

Dobber Sports Legend

Way too much overreacting in this thread lol. Did anyone happen to take a few moments to even ask the Giroux owner why he decided to make such a trade? If his answer is, "I have a gut hunch Hertl will be a superstar and I feel it's unlikely Giroux will ever match his career year again," how do you veto that? That opinion is justified. Is a "committee" supposed to eliminate GMs using their hunches when making trades now? You guys act like Crosby was traded for Louis Leblanc.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Very bad trade - but a veto? Never!!! Not if you want me to play in your league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not worth a veto.

unless they're colluding.
    People make good and bad choices. If they make bad ones, let them live with it.
    Are you going to patrol when a player is dropped?

Banned

ridiculous that's the only word for the trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We decided to veto the trade. It was too ridiculous to let it process. Your answers led to an intesresting debate wether or not a trade committee has its place in a league. I am leading ours and will continue because of the trade in question. Maybe we will let it go in the future... we'll see. For now, trades like that cannot happen for the teams and league well being. The initial draft was made this summer so we have to start on a good basis.

Thanks a lot!!
    14 teams Dynasty (keep 10)
    Points-only, Goalies 2W +1SO

F (12) = Kopitar, Tavares, Benn, Schwartz, Hornqvist, Thornton, Kreider, Nyquist, Perreault, Maroon, Lee, Dzingel
    D (4) = Burns, Klingberg, Carlson, Niskanen, Severson
    G (1) = Holtby, Grubauer

The Great One

Just curious - was the Giroux owner happy that the trade was veto'ed, or disappointed that he didn't get Hertl?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well, he repeated during the debate that he wanted that to happen so I guess he was disappointed. But he didn't comment after we decided to veto it. I hope he gets back to us after he gets a great player in return that finishes with a lot more points than Hertl, or an intesresting package that upgrades a couple of his other roster spots...
    14 teams Dynasty (keep 10)
    Points-only, Goalies 2W +1SO

F (12) = Kopitar, Tavares, Benn, Schwartz, Hornqvist, Thornton, Kreider, Nyquist, Perreault, Maroon, Lee, Dzingel
    D (4) = Burns, Klingberg, Carlson, Niskanen, Severson
    G (1) = Holtby, Grubauer

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by NHLSim Jackets View Post
    Well, he repeated during the debate that he wanted that to happen so I guess he was disappointed. But he didn't comment after we decided to veto it. I hope he gets back to us after he gets a great player in return that finishes with a lot more points than Hertl, or an intesresting package that upgrades a couple of his other roster spots...
    Don't you see something wrong with vetoing a deal that was done in good faith?