Thread: Studs & Duds - 10/08

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Studs & Duds - 10/08

Studs and Duds

Looney Tunes Tuesdays – Edition 2

I have realized that I will run out of characters before the end of the season if I use one for each player. I am going to switch it up a bit and have one for the Studs and one for the Duds.

There were 8 games on the schedule last night and a few of them gave fans what they wanted, goals. There were 46 goals scored last night and San Jose put in 9 of them, not likely to continue but makes poolies that own some Sharks very happy.

STUDS – The Tazmanian Devil Award

Taz is the youngest of all Looney Tunes characters and he is most remembered for his devilish whirl, and the fact that he will eat almost everything.

Tomas Hertl – His name suggests that he is a direct descendant of the Tazmanian Devil family as he hurtles around the ice eating up NYR goalies for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The soon-to-be 20 year old center scored 4 times on 7 shots. He was also a plus 3, added a hit, a blocked shot and he won a face off. Pretty good stats for roughly 11 minutes of ice-time! Tomas has started the season flying with 7 points in 3 games. Don’t get in his way.

There were 2 other youngsters that rode the devil’s slipstream, Matthew Nieto scored the game winning goal and added 2 assists with 3 SOG and a plus 2 rating. Jason Demers added 3 helpers with 3 SOG and a plus 3 rating.

-----

Jussi Jokinen – The “Juice” got his second career hat-trick last night, that’s what happens when you’re playing against your old team. Doesn’t hurt that he also played with Malkin last night. Jussi also scored 2 of his 3 goals on the power play to go along with his plus 1 rating, 5 shots and a blocked shot. I guess Brooks Orpik cleared the way for him with his 6 hits on the night, he also got an assist, had 2 SOG and 2 BS.

-----

Josh Bailey, Michael Grabner and Frans Nielsen – This New York Islander trio finishes off the The Tazmanian Devil award for each getting 3 points on the night. Josh, Michael and Frans combined on the last goal of the night for an easy 6-1 win over the desert dogs. That whirlwind sure kicks up some dust. Bailey with a goal and 2 assists, plus 1 and a shot on goal. Grabner had 3 assists and a plus 1 while Nielsen also had 3 assists with his plus 1 but he added 2 PIM, a hit and 7 FOW.

DUDS – The Barnyard Dawg award.

In 1947 Dawg, also known as Mandrake, was cast as a pet for Porky Pig. Now I don’t know about you but I don’t wish to be anyone’s pet, let alone a pigs! Barnyard Dawg is mainly known for sleeping in his kennel face first with his butt sticking out. Embarrassing enough as that is he was also repeatedly smacked on the hindquarters with a wooden fence post by Foghorn Leghorn.

Mike Ribeiro – Another pointless night but hey, at least you only finished a minus 1. Ribeiro is currently minus 2 with 4 PIM on the season. C’mon you are meant to be the go-to guy in Phoenix. Hopefully this kick in the pants will spur you on. Until then, get your head back in the kennel and try not to embarrass yourself anymore.

-----

James van Riemsdyk – So this is how it’s going to be huh? Score a goal and then nothing, score a goal and then nothing. You were the 2nd overall draft pick in 2007 so you should have figured your game out by now. All you managed to accomplish last night was 2 SOG and 5 hits, time to play to your pedigree James. Nazim Kadri didn’t do so well either, he only had 1 SOG and 1 hit. Both of you are in the doghouse!

-----

The New York Rangers – Specifically both goalies who let in 9 goals, the defense who allowed San Jose to take 47 shots and the forwards who could only score twice on twenty shots. Lundqvist is usually a king but last night he was the court jester and stunk like the inside of a wet, moldy, canine castle. I’m glad I’m not a rangers fan because last night was embarrassing and they certainly did get spanked last night.

Coming up next week – Elmer Fudd and Speedy Gonzales

Cheers
    Last edited by sixhands; October 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM. Reason: correcting errors
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Giant

nice work as always.

hertl is still 19 i belive.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    Jussi Jokinen – The “Juice” got his first career hat-trick last night, that’s what happens when you’re playing against your old team.
    It was actually his second career hat-trick. He had a 4 goal game while playing for the Dallas Stars in 2007-08 season.

Good read.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    nice work as always.

hertl is still 19 i belive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    It was actually his second career hat-trick. He had a 4 goal game while playing for the Dallas Stars in 2007-08 season.

Good read.
    Thanks guys, I've made the changes.

Cheers
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com