Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kuznetsov

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Please define 'one of the better players'. I suppose, if taken literally, it could simply mean that he's slightly better than the average NHLer but something tells me that's not what you meant.

This kid is going isn't even expected to return from shoulder surgery until the end of November.
    According to HockeyDB, Kuznetsov has played 2 games for Traktor in the 2013-2014 season. He doesn't have any poitnts, but is he back from his surgery yet?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...050362014.html

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

Who threw the neg rep on me and called me 'confrontational and contributing nothing to the discussion' for my response to Mattp913's post but failed to back it up with a name?

Lets just all have a fanboy party shall we and annoint Kuz the new scoring king of the NHL before he's even set foot on NHL ice? Why on earth should anyone be asked to back up an audacious claim that he'll immediately be 'one of the better players in the NHL'?

My post may not have been adding to the hypemachine of your apparent mancrush but it certainly brings the other side of the debate into the conversation and that is very valuable. Nobody learns from fanboy parties, we all gain a deeper understanding of a players value by hearing multiple points of view.

The fact that someone took offence to my question is juvenile and sad.

The Great One

It wasn't me...I posted roughly the same opinion right after yours.

I'll send rep your way, maybe that'll cancel out the ridiculous neg-rep?

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Who threw the neg rep on me and called me 'confrontational and contributing nothing to the discussion' for my response to Mattp913's post but failed to back it up with a name?

Lets just all have a fanboy party shall we and annoint Kuz the new scoring king of the NHL before he's even set foot on NHL ice? Why on earth should anyone be asked to back up an audacious claim that he'll immediately be 'one of the better players in the NHL'?

My post may not have been adding to the hypemachine of your apparent mancrush but it certainly brings the other side of the debate into the conversation and that is very valuable. Nobody learns from fanboy parties, we all gain a deeper understanding of a players value by hearing multiple points of view.

The fact that someone took offence to my question is juvenile and sad.
    Not me but if you've ever seen him play it's VERY obvious that he'll immediately be on of the better players in the NHL. Based on his how he plays and his numbers at a very young age playing against men.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    You say the same about Strome, Tarasenko, Bartschi, etc.

I don't think anyone has any idea how quickly he will transition to a new country, new culture, new league, new team, etc.

To expect him to be better than half the existing NHL players, right off the bat, seems very unrealistic to me.

The hype for Kuznetsov is on his future potential, imo.
    That's because it's true. While he does have tons of future upside, he's already above an average NHL player. It's very realistic if you've ever seen him play.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    That's because it's true. While he does have tons of future upside, he's already above an average NHL player. It's very realistic if you've ever seen him play.
    I can probably buy what you're saying if all we're saying is that he'll be 'above average'. I don't expect him to enter the league as an above average player but I'll certainly conceed that it's possible.

Banned

Saying a guy is already an above average NHLer when he has never played in the NHL is simply ******ed

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Saying a guy is already an above average NHLer when he has never played in the NHL is simply ******ed
    As ******ed as calling a 19 year kid's goal classless when he's trying to prove himself in his third career NHL game?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cool

I've had him on the radar since his first WJC and so have many of the reputable sites, many of them ranking him consistantly in the top 5 amongst prospects. Problem is along with his intriguing skill set and the fact he's played amongst men and handled himself very well, there's been just as many questions that have surrounded his lack of availability to the Caps and concerns about his committment to come to North America. I've seen many stories disputing any concerns and others that claim he's using the NHL as a ploy in KHL negotitations so it's tough to side with either opinion. He himself has been quoted several times flip flopping on the topic, sometimes within a very short time period too, maybe blame that on translation, youth, or sketchy reporting. There's no doubting that he has the ability to play and produce at a mid/high level in the NHL, his overall abilities may be very comparable to Semin as opposed to Filatov who had other personal demons and never had proved himself in a mans league at any point before his stint in CLB. My worries are the reports that his new wife seemed to force his hand to remain in Russia and preferred that lifestyle, (and Rockstar status that comes with it), rather than coming to a foreign land where she doesn't speak the language or know anyone. That to me more than many other variables cause me the most concern about his eventual appearance in the NHL after all, "Happy wife....happy life." Here's hoping Ovie continues to bend his ear and gets the kid to fully commit so we can see for ourselves if the hype over the past few years is well deserved.

Dobber Sports Novice

Sounds like people are pretty down on Kuzy, and his 7-0 loss today in his return to action will probably fuel the haters. That said, do you think he could be acquired in a dynasty multicat keeper with farm in a trade for Tyler Johnson? I originally wouldn't even think of such a trade (given the former Kuzy hype) but dobber's got TJ at #17 and Kuzy at #32 (http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...-215-prospects).

Think its a fair offer?
    12 Team H2H Full Keeper 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G,5B
    G,A,PPP,SOG,SHP,+/-,PIMS / W,SVP,GA,SHO

C: Getzlaf, Kopitar, Stepan, Couture, Perreault, Ribeiro
    LW: Ladd, Kreider
    RW: Nash, Wilson, J Williams, T. Johnson
    D: Hedman, Green, Suter, Leddy, Sekera, Stalman, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop

Prospects: A. Lee, S. Reinhart, A. Killorn, D. Nurse, M. Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

The only reason why Kuz is 32 is because he is not playing in north america

wait till season end to see if he comes and if he do not come than trade him...

Its not like Tyler Johnson is a super star or solid prospect...TJ wont change anything in your pool this season so why not just wait to see what Kuz will do.....
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    The only reason why Kuz is 32 is because he is not playing in north america

wait till season end to see if he comes and if he do not come than trade him...

Its not like Tyler Johnson is a super star or solid prospect...TJ wont change anything in your pool this season so why not just wait to see what Kuz will do.....
    I'm pretty sure he was the one going after Kuz.

This is a trade I'd go for

Dobber Sports Veteran

Any current info on the status of this guy?

Is he supposed to be coming to the NHL next season? Ive heard stories to that effect, how patchy are the sources though?

Is he the best player outside the NHL right now, or one of them, as Ive heard people say before?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post

Is he the best player outside the NHL right now, or one of them, as Ive heard people say before?
    It's almost impossible to say until he show's what he's got in North America. Using KHL production to judge a player is sketchy at best.....for anyone who doesn't believe me simply go peruse through the past number of seasons of their leading scorers and you'll find the lists are littered with NHL castoffs. Further to your point of the 'best outside the NHL moniker' it really depends on how you define this. Is there a GM out there who'd rather have Kuz than McDavid? I highly doubt it.

Dobber Sports Expert

Further to your point of the 'best outside the NHL moniker' it really depends on how you define this. Is there a GM out there who'd rather have Kuz than McDavid? I highly doubt it.
    Well, yes. Kuz is right now a better player than McDavid. If I was the Sharks,Kings,Hawks,Penguins or any team going for the Cup this year, I take Kuz over McDavid because McDavid hasn't reach the same level of play of Kuznetsov.
    twitter: @hugotwigg