Thread: Ovechkin for Alfredsson, Doan, Zidlicky

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Ovechkin for Alfredsson, Doan, Zidlicky

I\'m trying to obtain Ovechkin (salary 17) from a weaker team that could use some depth.

My initial offer is Alfredsson (23), Doan (4), Zidlicky (10), I do not plan to hold any of them.

I actually doubt the other owner will say yes. I also mentioned that Redden, Kronwall, Coburn, Pitkanen, Horton, Giguere could possibly be included or substituted in the deal.

Is my offer a fair one?
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Super Moderator

I don\'t think it\'s fair at all to be honest. When asking for an AO or Crosby or Malkin, your best player should be offered, not the players you wouldn\'t hold on to.
    Maybe you throw in a Hossa or a Nash instead of Alfie and I think you\'re still running away with it but just Alfie, Doan and Zids, I don\'t think the guy will take you too seriously. My $.2.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

The Magnificent One

you have a great team, use other players. the ones you areoffering are not worth it. i would say you try to offer up giguere, and keep fluery as your keeper. hard to drop brodeur wow you got an insane goalie group. but yeah you need to offer alot better. i would say gig, hossa, and horton might draw some attention.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

smack1919 wrote:
    I don\'t think it\'s fair at all to be honest. When asking for an AO or Crosby or Malkin, your best player should be offered, not the players you wouldn\'t hold on to.
    Maybe you throw in a Hossa or a Nash instead of Alfie and I think you\'re still running away with it but just Alfie, Doan and Zids, I don\'t think the guy will take you too seriously. My $.2.
    Is the trade fair for him? No.

But I think you were asking opinions if he may go for the trade? I\'ve seen stranger things happen...I swung a deal for Phaneuf for O. Pavelec (ATL) straight up last year. You just never know with some owners.

Make the offer and use it as a starting point to gauge what he is willing to give up OV for. If he takes the first offer then you\'ve made a great deal. If not then up the the players involved.

A great man once told me, \"Always remember that if you don\'t shoot you don\'t score\"

Good Luck!
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Go Puck Yourself, that\'s exactly the game I\'m trying to play. Don\'t offer too much at first, but just enough to get a bite on the line. Thanks.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies

Dobber Sports Star

It\'s an offer to show you are interested in AO... but if this guys has any brain cells left will definately be looking for more. Depends what his goalies are like... it MAY take something like Alffy, Nash, and Fleury. It all depends on his value of some of your players.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Alffy, Nash, Fluery would sting. He\'s been bad for a while so I\'m hoping for some desperation. Salary really affects the decisions in this league...
    Start 9F,5D,2G

Dobber Sports Initiate

have you seen other posts of what people are giving up? You are asking for the most hyped player in the league right now with a decent salary for... An aging, injured, pricy alfy, career year doan, and someone that shouldnt be a keeper anyways.

I realize you want to show your interest, this trade offer is one I would throw to only my closest friends just to piss em off.
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz

Dobber Sports Padawan

tybiggs wrote:
    have you seen other posts of what people are giving up? You are asking for the most hyped player in the league right now with a decent salary for... An aging, injured, pricy alfy, career year doan, and someone that shouldnt be a keeper anyways.

I realize you want to show your interest, this trade offer is one I would throw to only my closest friends just to piss em off.
    It\'s pretty funny, I was talking about first offers with I. Fergusson, he doesn\'t understand why some people get personally offended when they get an offer they don\'t like. I can see it both ways but tend to agree that a good manager shouldn\'t get upset at a first offer that seems unfair. The first offer is usually just a feeler to see how much the other owner values the players involved. I\'ve seen owners get really pissed off and refuse to talk to owners the whole year because they received offers they didn\'t like from them. A bit childish I think...Brush the ego\'s aside and get over it. Say no or make a counter cause sooner or later you\'ll make an offer that may seem ridiculous to someone else.
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop

Dobber Sports Expert

Never take offense at a trade offer you don\'t like. Simply explain why you don\'t see it as fair and offer another possibility...at least then the other GM knows why you didn\'t like it.

Speaking to your situation here, I do think this is a low-ball offer although you never know [I scooped Crosby for something similar this year just by testing the waters]. I think you need to give him better players and work harder to reduce the salary your sending. Alfredsson is older and a huge salary hit.

I see something like Zetterberg, Giguere, and Coburn/Kronwall being something that could get things going. With only 9 F dressed AO > Zetts. You have a wealth in net and can afford to trade someone and your D is also not bad so give a really good prospect that\'s also cheap.

You\'re still possibly acquiring the single best player here by some margin without really weakening your team.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Apprentice

good advice, thanks guys. FYI..he declined the offer but did not seem insulted. He is willing to make deals but pretty content on keeping Ovechkin. I\'m going to shift my attention to Iginla...
    Start 9F,5D,2G

Dobber Sports Veteran

First off, on the insulting offer thing. There is this guy in our league who is always throwing out stupid offers. I don\'t take personal offense but it would be nice for him to put some effort in. I take trade offers seriousily and always explain my rejection. I don\'t like having to waste my time why I am not excepting his latest offer of Emery, Beauchemin and Hecht for Mike Green and Jiri Hudler. Then after writing a nice objective response he offers he counters with Drury and Halvat for Ovechkin. So do I feel insulted... not really - however, it is very annoying and a waste of my time.

Back on topic. I think in order to get a GM to give up Ovechkin you have to hit him hard and fast. The more he thinks about it the more he will realize that he shouldn\'t trade Ovechkin. Start with two big names like Zetterberg and Giguere. Then add a cherry on top like Kovalev. You have to put the thought in his head that the offer is too good to pass up.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i agree that garbage low ball offers are extremly annoying. early on when a league is first formed i can see why people use the tactic. after a while it becomes the boy who cried wolf and no one takes you seriously.