Thread: Cheechoo\'s value

typo88

Default Cheechoo\'s value

Hi, so I am going into the second season of a four year keeper league, and I have cheechoo on my team. I have been getting some offers, but thornton was just traded, and his new GM REALLY WANTS cheechoo, but i dont want to over/under price him, cause i am pretty unsure of his value right now. How would you rank him?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Cheechoo\'s value

If Thornton\'s new owner REALLY wants Cheechoo, make sure you overprice him a bit. You want to win every trade you make, that\'s the name of the game...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Checkout Dobber\'s 300 and focus on equivalent players like the Sedin Bros, Gagne, or Mad Max. Since it\'s a 4 year keeper make sure you check their ages and add 4 to see if they will still be in their productive years. Cheechoo is young and a goal scorer, not sure why you\'d want to give him up unless there is really something good in return.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Stud

Cheechoo is not a guy that I would trade right now. 69 points (37g/32a) is not bad for an \'off year\'. Considering his production of 05/06 (56g,37a for 93 points), there is every reason to believe that his numbers will go back up. If you have goal/assist scoring differential, you have to consider that in your decision. Cheechoo is a goal scorer with the best centre in the NHL. Michalek,Thornton and Cheechoo are the first line pp in San Jose as well. If you have scoring differential for pp goals then that is something else that you have to consider. I consider that Thornton/Cheechoo is similar to Spezza/Heatley, considering two players in similar situations, first line plus pp on the same team.

Personally, I would not trade Cheechoo but then again I don\'t know what need on your team.

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree that Cheechoo is valuable (and has some added stability with the Thornton contract extension), but I can count the number of players I would never trade on one hand, and he isn\'t one of them.

If you can take this other GM to the cleaners because he isn\'t being objective, then by all means do so. Otherwise hang onto Cheech.
    T.G.

typo88

Yea, these were basically my thoughts heading into next season, thats why i traded for him at the end of the season (Malkin/CHeechoo for Naslund/Heatley), so i guess i will hold onto him for a while, cause it doesnt look like this GM is willing to acknowlege cheechoo\'s potential. THanks for the input

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

typo88 wrote:
    Yea, these were basically my thoughts heading into next season, thats why i traded for him at the end of the season (Malkin/CHeechoo for Naslund/Heatley), so i guess i will hold onto him for a while, cause it doesnt look like this GM is willing to acknowlege cheechoo\'s potential. THanks for the input
    thats an awesome deal for you. yea, cheechoo gets short changed a lot from his past year. if you look at his stats last year, he scored under a point-per-game rate for only 2 of the 7 months during the regular season. ignoring those two months, cheechoo scored 30 goals & 57 points in 55 games. thats not too shabby if you ask me.