Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Detroit @ Pittsburgh 05/28/2008

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Detroit @ Pittsburgh 05/28/2008

Pitt is all over them tonite.........
    12 Team H2H keeper league. Start 4-C, 4-LW, 4-RW, 6-D and 1-G. Scoring: Skaters, G-3pts, A-3pts, Blks-.4,
    Hits-.2, P/M-.25, Hatty-10, PPG-3, PPA-2, SHG-3, SHA-2, SOG-.2, Goalie, GA-(0-3) -1pts, (4-10) -3pts ea.
    Losses-5, Wins-5, SO-15, Saves-.2

C - Dvorak, Hischier, Kuznetsov, Couture, Copp
    F - Konecny, Hoffman, Ritchie, Verhaeghe, Buchnevich, Mantha, Pasternak,
    Bertuzzi, Duchene, Kubalik, Palat, Bjorkstrand, Meier, Palmieri,
    D - Carlson, Makar, Muzzin, Pesce, Pionk, Trouba,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic
    M - Lundkvist, Perunovich

Dobber Sports Sage

First of all. I said Detroit would start out the series 2-0 then lose gm3 win gm4 lose gm5 and win gm6...

Ok, now that that is out of the way....

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SUCH A PATHETIC GAME...by pathetic I mean the reffering...The fact that the refs are so lenient with one team and so strict with the other has never been so evident in any other game I have watched...can you guess which team matches with lenient and which with strict? Ok, I know I said the Wings would lose game 3 (gowingsgo) but COMON. IT IS SO CLEAR THAT THE REFS ARE SKEWING THIS GAME TO THE PENS ADVANTAGE!...whehter they were told to by the Bettman I dont know...Shall I give examples? No, Im sure you all watched the same game I did. Ill just stop ranting now.

Cheers
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Banned

ben10rules are you sure you have the right channel?
    if you wanna argue they\'ve made a few chintzy calls I could agree with that but the calls have been evenly distributed

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Good game so far. Exciting with a lot of intensity, really fun. The refs are inconsistent as usual, but that\'s nothing new and not really surprising. There\'s one thing that\'s annoying me to no end though, and that\'s the fact that it sounds like it\'s the local Pittsburgh announcers calling the game with how much they favor the Pens.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Are you not getting the NBC feed Sentium?

The calls are par for the course IMO, some are fair, some are chintzy, some bad no calls I\'ve seen too but they\'ve been balanced between DET and PIT so its hard to complain too much. Plus they\'ve put the whistle away in the latter part of the 3rd which suits me just fine.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Just when I was going to give props to Pittsburgh for their very much improved defensive coverage, Detroit scores. Regardless of that goal, I\'m impressed by how much better the Pens are playing tonight, especially in their own zone. Brooks Orpik is a damn horse! That shift where he had three or four big hits in a matter of seconds was insane. I certainly wouldn\'t mind having him in Detroit
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    Are you not getting the NBC feed Sentium?

The calls are par for the course IMO, some are fair, some are chintzy, some bad no calls I\'ve seen too but they\'ve been balanced between DET and PIT so its hard to complain too much. Plus they\'ve put the whistle away in the latter part of the 3rd which suits me just fine.
    Nah, the NBC feed didn\'t work for me, so I have to use NASN.

Yeah, I really loved the flow and pace when the refs put the whistles away for a while there in the third. So much fun
    GO WINGS!

Banned

yeah we actually saw the Pens taking some of our advice, they\'re moving the puck out of the zone quickly with fast outlet passes and stretching the ice to minimize the effectiveness of the lock and the back-checking forwards getting back to clog up the neutral zone...oh and most importantly they\'re shooting alot, and from everywhere.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It ends 3-2 to Pittsburgh. Great game, really exciting. Good for the series. Now the Wings can take it home and win it in five
    GO WINGS!

Banned

wow, what a game, that 3rd period was what I\'ve been waiting for all series...two great teams duking it out. The Wings really tuned it on in the 3rd too, props to the Pens D for being so disciplined and not getting desperate. And big props to Fleury, he was positionally perfect for almost every shot.

The Dupuis-Crosby-Hossa line was an interesting twist, I wonder if they\'ll keep that in game 4.

I think the Pens absolutely need to win game 4 to have a shot at this, winning 3 in a row (and 2 in DET) is not going to happen

Dobber Sports Expert

that game was exactly how I hoped the entire series would be - the energy was amazing. Pittsburgh finally used their speed to their advantage and Roberts finally realised he wasn\'t gonna score and started using his body in a productive way.

The end of the third made me queasy with nervousness, I had no idea how it was going to go!

Dobber Sports Star

Hossa had a lot of chances that game, hopefully he starts to get some bounces in Game 4. When he came out from behind the net and roofed that back hander past Ozzie but hit the post... that was sick laser of a backhand, he got that up in no time! Here\'s hoping it goes back to JL tied at 2
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Guru

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    The Dupuis-Crosby-Hossa line was an interesting twist, I wonder if they\'ll keep that in game 4.
    is this sarcasm? wasn\'t that the line going into the playoffs?

good comments otherwise mcgoo! I only saw the 1st period live but raced through the rest of the game on PVR when i got home. great game.

fleury finally stole one for the pens, and crosby played like the hero he is. hossa was backchecking like a madman the entire game... stopped quite a few potential chances by himself. that is why he\'s an elite RW, even if he\'s not always putting points on the board for us fantasy junkies.

Banned

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    is this sarcasm? wasn\'t that the line going into the playoffs?
    haha yeah dripping with it...I think Therien is an idiot, I wouldn\'t hire him to coach Atom...good coaches adapt during intermissions, Therien thinks that means shuffling lines around randomly

Dobber Sports Sage

Id like to note the fact that my post was right before the refs woke up and started throwing the deserved pens into the box. Just a bunch of hackjobs there.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko