Thread: Studs & Duds 10/06

Administrator

Default Studs & Duds 10/06

I am making my long-awaited return to Studs & Duds *smiles as three people are clapping*. Let's get going with our round-up of games on October 6th!

Disclaimer: If I covered someone else instead of your favorite player (ie if I made a human omission), before you post complaining, realize that I am simply heavily biased against you and your favorite player. And no, I am not sorry for being so heartless.

STUDS

Khudos to Khudobin

The Carolina backup stopped 17 of 18 for the big win against Philadelphia. For those investing in him as a one-year sleeper or in keeper leagues, Khudobin needs every positive outing he can get to earn more starts and raise his value down the road as a potential NHL starter. Tonight was a good result.

Scantily Ladd

Andrew Ladd posted "dirty" numbers tonight, scoring both goals for the Winnipeg Jets in a 3-2 loss to the Ducks. He added two shots and three hits.

Jonesing for points

David Jones continued his hot start with the Flames with a goal and an assist in a 5-4 overtime defeat against the Canucks. He now has four points in three games which is a huge change in fortune compared to his meager nine points scored last year.

DUDS

Giroux's boo-boo

Claude Giroux was once again held off the score sheet. He has failed to post a single point in three contests this year which has to be disappointing for those who invested heavily in him on draft day. He will be just fine, but keep an eye on the trade block if the Giroux owner in your league starts to get nervous.

Flying low

The Jets only lost by one goal but did not provide much offensive punch with only 17 total shots tonight. This has to be disappointing both for those who own Jets' players in leagues that count SOG and also for those who only get 15 saves from Viktor Fasth.

Supersize me

The only thing supersized is Joey MacDonald's GAA tonight. His five goals allowed came on just 28 shots fired by the Canucks. With the Flames' #1 goalie situation unsettled it is disappointing to see MacDonald shelled like this. Even though the outlook is bleak in Calgary it is possible that the goalie who gets the bulk of the games gains some momentum and posts respectable numbers.

QUICK HITS

Beginner's Lack

Eddie Lack started his first NHL game tonight and picked up the win. The numbers were not great - 3.82 GAA and .889 save percentage - but the win is still a big moment in his young NHL career.

Friendly rivalry

Teemu Selanne returned to Winnipeg and was named first star despite not appearing on the score sheet. Nobody complained, in fact he was cheered loudly by the Jets' fans. This will be Selanne's only appearance in Winnipeg this year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hahaha, Scantilly Ladd.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Hahaha, Scantilly Ladd.
    LOL I thought the same!

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Hahaha, Scantilly Ladd.
    Should be the team name for any manager who has Ladd.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)