Thread: Parting with the Stamkos pick...

The Great One

Default Parting with the Stamkos pick...

Considering all the hype around Stamkos I was considering dangling the first overall out there to see if I got any nibbles. Considering past draft history and a gut feeling about this league I think it is reasonable to expect that I would be able to draft Filatov/Turris with the pick I get back. I have to send a player back with the pick.

Do any of these trades make sense for my team:

Wingers-
    1st+Seto for Gabby or Nash

Goalies-
    1st+Harding for Kipper or Fleury

Obviously considering my team I would like a goalie, but upgrading a wing in my center-centric league would not be so bad either. Bryz and Lehtonen are viable targets as well but I was thinking 1st overall is pretty hefty.

Let me know,
    EMoo

The Magnificent One

i would say try for a goalie. i dont know that you will ger fluery with the first pick but try for it. it all depends on what the other guy has or needs. espcially since rask is now going to be in the minors full time next yr you will have a big hole in that position
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Super Moderator

I\'d try for Fleury and another good player. Try all the gm\'s and play them against each other. In most leagues, there\'s always that one guy who will crazy over pay for the #1 pick so see what you can get.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well, if Stamkos is as good as advertised, you may be better off just drafting him and trying to move him after he has established himself.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

At this point in his career...trading \"potential\" is always worth more...