Thread: Time to move Lidstrom ???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Time to move Lidstrom ???

Hello,

I own Lidstrom in my keeper pool points only (details in SIG)

I know Lidstrom is signed for the next 2 years, will he stay in the NHL after that ???

Will he keep is 70-75 pts pace ???

I\'m looking to challenge for the championship in 3 years. I know the actual Lidstrom would help me to win, but if he leaves in 2 years or if his production drop to 50-55 pts I maybe should think at trading him for a younger stud.

What do you think ???

If trading is the best option, when is the good timing :

- this offseason
    - next december
    - next offseason

Thanks.

Tiger
    Keeper league, pts only, no positionnal requirements

FantaSteve

I think we\'ll see Lidtsrom play into his forties. The guy\'s been smiling a lot more in the past two seasons. He\'s talked in the past about going back home to Sweden, but hasn\'t peeped about this lately. He\'s 37 now and signed until he\'s 39. I see one more contract then for another couple years. I\'d bank on 4 more years of 60+ points. The new rules have helped him as much as any forward. With Lidstrom\'s style and talent he can easily be productive until he\'s 42. No history of injury and he sees what the team he\'s leading is capable of. He respects what Chelios has done at his age and wants to emulate it.

You might get some trouble dealing him because of his age so if I were you, I\'ll stick with him until the end.
    10Player(17keeper+20farm)
    G,Hit,SB,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG,W,Sv%,GAA,SHO,S

Forward : Ericksson,Lucic,Landeskog,Hartnell,Vanek,Dubinsky, Paajarvis,Clune,Beleskey,Crosby,Backstrom,Malkin,B ackes,Giroux,Grigorenko,Nyquist,Grabovski,Forsberg ,Granlund,Henrique,Shinkaruk,Jarnkrok,Brunner,Wenn berg,Iginla,Stewart,Niederreiter,Silverberg,Connol y,Vey,Hartman,Ovechkin,Eberle,Tarasenko,Okposo

Denfense : Carle,Diaz,Gormley,Reinhart,Ekholm,Vatanen,Gudas,Z adorov,Weber,Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,

Goaltender : Fleury,Bishop,Markstrom,Luongo,Halak

Dobber Sports Padawan

A guy in our keeper league just traded for Lidstrom.

He gave up Spezza, a 3rd (40th overall)pick and a 2nd Round waiver pick.

I think he gave up way too much but he likes Lidstrom, a lot. The guy has been fantasy gold but his age always makes me wonder...
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop

Banned

Go Puck Yourself wrote:
    A guy in our keeper league just traded for Lidstrom.

He gave up Spezza, a 3rd (40th overall)pick and a 2nd Round waiver pick.

I think he gave up way too much but he likes Lidstrom, a lot. The guy has been fantasy gold but his age always makes me wonder...
    yikes thats too much IMO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I traded Lidtrom last year just after he signed his contract to a contender to win the pool(I wasn\'t). He had dept, so he traded me Bergeron, Seabrook and Zajac. He won. But on the long run I think I made the right move.

I would say wait until mid-next year and look who is deperate for a top D.

Good Luck

Dobber Sports Pro

Do whatever you feel comfortable with but I will tell ya. I will ride Nik till the end. Only those that have had him on thier squad can truly appreciate how incredible his career has been. His +/- is so amazing that he gives you the roster flexibility to use players that normally you cant tocuh due to the fact they will sink you like a lead balloon in that cat alone. He gives great numbers from the back line so you can concentrate on other cats with your D like PIMS or more +/- He is ageless so who is to really say when he wants to be done? Better to keep him than shop him because you wont get top dollar if it looks like you are bailing. If someone comes to you, the offer better be legit.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I traded for Lidstrom earlier this year:

Oshie/Enstrom (right when he was hot) and Erat. I think he has two or three years of very good production left.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Expert

Given your situation at D I\'d be willing to consider trading Lidstrom as he is really your only fantasy worthy D in a points only pool [except maybe Rozsival]. How many keepers from year to year? Can you draft some young D who are on the rise [Letang, Keith, Russell, etc.]?

If you\'re looking to contend 2-3 years from now I\'d consider dealing Lidstrom for 2 top prospects [maybe both D] that are already playing in the NHL, but not posting big numbers yet [and a high draft pick if you can]. Kind of the reverse of Angus\' post.

I also think you should deal Lidstrom near the mid-point of next season as his point totals should be invaluable to the GMs competing to win your pool. You should be able to play them off against each other and get something ridiculously good in return as Lidstrom will still have at least 1 more quality year left in him in DET [meaning your trading someone that could help another GM win this year and the following year].
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

If you look at the details in my SIG, you will see that we can\'t pick free agents during the year so a lot of good D are available : Green (will be 1st or 2nd overall pick that\'s for sure and i\'m picking 7th), Enstrom, Coburn, Letang, Sekera, Russel, Yandle, Barker, Gilbert, Niskanen, etc.

So, I plan to keep Lidstrom and Rozsival and add 1 establish D (like Coburn or Enstrom) and 2 prospects.

Guys who own Burns, Phaneuf or E. Johnson are behind me so they won\'t trade for Lidstrom. So my options are trading Lidstrom for a 45 pts D and a good FW or keep Lidstrom and hope my prospects D will devellop fast while Lidstrom still gonna be on my team when i\'ll be challenging for the 1st place.
    Keeper league, pts only, no positionnal requirements

Dobber Sports Padawan

Total side note as well but you should really be looking to dump Erhoff for someone better....but I\'m sure your well aware of this
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop