Thread: Green for the third pick?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Green for the third pick?

I have the 1st and 3rd picks in my upcoming prospects draft.
    Is offering my 3rd for Mike Green fair? I\'ll take Stamkos with the 1st and I think Filatov will go 2nd. I\'d like to trade my 3rd but I\'m not sure what it is worth. Any advice would be appreciated.
    12 Team H2H keeper league. Start 4-C, 4-LW, 4-RW, 6-D and 1-G. Scoring: Skaters, G-3pts, A-3pts, Blks-.4,
    Hits-.2, P/M-.25, Hatty-10, PPG-3, PPA-2, SHG-3, SHA-2, SOG-.2, Goalie, GA-(0-3) -1pts, (4-10) -3pts ea.
    Losses-5, Wins-5, SO-15, Saves-.2

C - Dvorak, Hischier, Kuznetsov, Couture, Copp
    F - Konecny, Hoffman, Ritchie, Verhaeghe, Buchnevich, Mantha, Pasternak,
    Bertuzzi, Duchene, Kubalik, Palat, Bjorkstrand, Meier, Palmieri,
    D - Carlson, Makar, Muzzin, Pesce, Pionk, Trouba,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic
    M - Lundkvist, Perunovich

Dobber Sports Ace

will need more info of what you need and what you already have but for my case if you still have the first pick i say go for hit i don\'t think you will be disapointed but still nedd the information about how your pool works...and what you already have

maybe my opinion will change after that
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Sage

I doubt anyone will give up green for a 3rd round pick, unless they extremely stacked at D. If you can make that trade fly, then do it!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ridinryan44 wrote:
    I doubt anyone will give up green for a 3rd round pick, unless they extremely stacked at D. If you can make that trade fly, then do it!
    it\'s the 3rd OVERALL, not a 3rd round pick!

If you could get Green for the 3rd overall :blink: then count your blessings and run!!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry but Green is over-hyped right now, he is the new Ryan Whitney.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Its the 3rd overall pick and the scoring is heavily based on goals and assists.
    12 Team H2H keeper league. Start 4-C, 4-LW, 4-RW, 6-D and 1-G. Scoring: Skaters, G-3pts, A-3pts, Blks-.4,
    Hits-.2, P/M-.25, Hatty-10, PPG-3, PPA-2, SHG-3, SHA-2, SOG-.2, Goalie, GA-(0-3) -1pts, (4-10) -3pts ea.
    Losses-5, Wins-5, SO-15, Saves-.2

C - Dvorak, Hischier, Kuznetsov, Couture, Copp
    F - Konecny, Hoffman, Ritchie, Verhaeghe, Buchnevich, Mantha, Pasternak,
    Bertuzzi, Duchene, Kubalik, Palat, Bjorkstrand, Meier, Palmieri,
    D - Carlson, Makar, Muzzin, Pesce, Pionk, Trouba,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic
    M - Lundkvist, Perunovich

Dobber Sports Sage

PULL THE TRIGGER ALREADY. Green is not overhyped...he is a gem that you need to snatch ASAP. I gaurantee he will not droop down to the level of Ryan Whitney or Matt Carle or Shea Weber etc...etc...He is dynomite. What was he? 5th leading point getter in the World Championship Tournament this year? 3rd or 4th in total shots? Comon! Overhyped my *******! Green is and will continue to be a top 5 fantasy hockey defenseman for years to come. Personally, I don\'t see how he can be compared to Shea Weber or Ryan Whitney (both of whom, while they might be exception young studs, have yet to show me anything like what Green showed me in ea/ of the 82 games he played in the regular season last year and the x number of games he played in the playoffs (not to mention his ppg pace in the playoffs with which he was 3rd on the team in scoring...can Weber or Whitney bost those post season stats? NO! nor can they bost his regular season stays either).

DONT DISS MY GREEN.

Have a nice evening.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

watch your back with defenseman. Like I said on an other thread, it only takes a losing streak to see an offensive defenseman to be asked to play more defensive and/or be benched cos the team needs more minutes from the stay-at-home guys at the blue-line to secure some wins. So between a forward and and defenseman, I\'ll always go for the forward all the way.

Dobber Sports Sage

John Ferguson Jr wrote:
    ridinryan44 wrote:
    it\'s the 3rd OVERALL, not a 3rd round pick!

If you could get Green for the 3rd overall :blink: then count your blessings and run!!!
    sorry i meant 3rd overall, and I still feel the same way. I sure as hell wouldn\'t give up green for the 3rd overall pick in my draft, but then again it all depends on who is available in the draft. I fyou guys only protect a few players the ya it might be worth it...i don\'t care if Green is as good as he has appeared or not (the worlds sold it for me, this guy is for real) but simply the situation he plays in... this guy is VALUABLE.,
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Expert

If you can get Green for the 3rd overall pick I\'d pull the trigger in a heartbeat...especially since you can still nab Stamkos with the first overall.

It\'s much easier to predict the development path that young F take. D take longer to develop [especially offensively] and are not as easy to predict which one\'s will go on to great NHL careers. Green is young enough to still almost be qualify as a prospect, but ARRIVED last year in WAS. The coach loves him and the GM all but promised to do whatever it would take to sign him long-term [he looked great at the Worlds too]. If this does happen, Green will log big PP minutes on a team that is going to score goals. His ability to rush with the puck makes valuable at even strength also.

IMO you\'re trading a prospect D [like Doughty] for one that\'s almost as young and already a huge NHL level contributor.

If you can pull it off...GOOD LUCK!
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

The Great One

habsloverhater wrote:
    watch your back with defenseman. Like I said on an other thread, it only takes a losing streak to see an offensive defenseman to be asked to play more defensive and/or be benched cos the team needs more minutes from the stay-at-home guys at the blue-line to secure some wins. So between a forward and and defenseman, I\'ll always go for the forward all the way.
    Yeah go for it. Habs logic would apply to the dman you get with the 3rd anyways. D prospects seem to be such a crapshoot - Green may decline a little next year but he has shown he can be an absolute monster and his situation as absolutely ideal over there. Adding Stamkos and Green for next year: Make this happen!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

habsloverhater wrote:
    Bruce wouldn\'t ask him to play more defensive he knows what he has in green because of his Hershey days. Id agree with you most examples with Dmen but Green isn\'t in the group
    12 team weekly head to head keeper
    Stats: G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, +/-, PIM, W, S%, GAA, SO
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

C: Kuzy, DStrome, Hischier, Rossi
    LW: Ehlers, Perron, Mangiapane, Nyquist
    RW: Bratt, Caufield, Marchessault, Granlund
    D: Chychrun, Toews, Carlson, Slavin
    G: Hart, Kuemper, Lindgren

IR: Newhook, Sergachev

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev