Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Realistic career ceiling of RNH?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This post is 'dumb' and makes no 'sense'. No player who can play in the NHL is a 'wimp' and bones are intrinsically not 'glass'. Quotations like 'this' makes me think you don't even know what they 'mean'.

'Gretzky' played 'perimeter' 'hockey' and met his 'potential'. That point is 'irrelevant'.

It's post like 'this' that rise questions of your 'intelligence'.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

This post is 'dumb' and makes no 'sense'. No player who can play in the NHL is a 'wimp' and bones are intrinsically not 'glass'. Quotations like 'this' makes me think you don't even know what they 'mean'.

'Gretzky' played 'perimeter' 'hockey' and met his 'potential'. That point is 'irrelevant'.

get off the sauce bro. RNH is indeed a 'wimp'.

this excerpt from another prominent fantasy hockey site sums it up the best:

4) My brother messaged me during his draft and asked if he should pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I didn't even need to ask him which round he was in, I just said no. He's injury prone and he's only going to help you in assists and PPP when he returns from injury. No thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

i know you didnt just compare the great wayne gretzky to RWH....

oh wait. you did.

LMFAO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post

4) My brother messaged me during his draft and asked if he should pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I didn't even need to ask him which round he was in, I just said no. He's injury prone and he's only going to help you in assists and PPP when he returns from injury. No thanks.
    Lol. Everything about your account is absolutely laughable.

Banned

Maybe grendel and tequilamonster are brothers.

Dobber Sports Stud

Lol. Everything about your account is absolutely laughable.
    c'mon man.....someone used that comment on me 700 posts ago.....

RWH doesent have what it takes to last in the NHL

i know you didnt just compare the great wayne gretzky to RWH....

oh wait. you did.

LMFAO
    Umm. In play style. Yup I did. In the sense that I said that they both played on the perimeter. I mean that is the only way I compared them, but yea I think a lot of people would agree that they are similar in play style (which really has nothing to do with their talent).

Young players get compared to stars all the time in terms of play style. Shit, fourth line scrub X can play like Steve Yzerman with less talent. Comparing play styles is really just a matter of taking a known quantity and applying it to an unknown quantity with similar qualities. Gretzky was a perimeter player who was assist heavy. Yes he scored a ton of goals, he also had more than double the amount of goals that he had assists. He regularly liked to set up behind the net, basically the definition of the perimeter.

Clearly, you really don't understand hockey at all.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

aren't we discussing the career ceiling of RNH? i wasn't aware that goals and even strength points counted more towards his ceiling than assists and powerplay points.

his upside is likely 80-90 points. i'd say patrick kane is roughly the same weight and height as him, so clearly size shouldnt be an issue considering RNH still has a lot of time to bulk up. so the only thing holding him back is his injuries.

the kid has barely started his career, so it's not really fair to call him injury prone. granted his shoulders look to be made of glass, but personally i'm not worried at all. don't you think the oilers would have had their doctors check out RNH before signing him longterm to that contract? players have come back from injuries 10 times worse.

this could literally be your last chance to acquire RNH. he's the top center on a team on the cusp of breaking out. even if the oilers suck their forwards will be raking in the points, especially on the pp. it makes zero sense to me why people are ripping on him so badly, if i was rebuilding he would be at the top of my list to try and acquire right now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

maybe you should get rataylor22's ***** out of your mouth.....

shame on you
    this is your first and last warning. there is absolutely no reason to insult another forum member. i disagree with Ev all the time, yet i don't think i've said anything disrespectful to him ever.

i have no issue with you shit talking RNH or his wonky shoulders, but don't bother posting if you're going to direct your hate towards another member.

Banned

what utter nonsense!

the greatest scorer ever to play the game and a kid with 76 career points in 2 seasons...

the only thing Gretzky and Nuge have in common is that they've played for the Oilers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
    if you can't take the heat best get out of the kitchen...

RNH is not the only wimp in this discussion
    i've also seen several of your reports been reported recently, so consider this your first and last warning as well

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Internet 'Tough Guys' always crack me up. Flex that keyboard!

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    what utter nonsense!

the greatest scorer ever to play the game and a kid with 76 career points in 2 seasons...

the only thing Gretzky and Nuge have in common is that they've played for the Oilers
    Well that, and their play style. If you were paying attention at all, you'll notice I did not compare their talent and I did not compare their statistics and I did not say RNH will be as prolific as Gretzky and I did not say that RNH will develop into the same caliber of player as Gretzky. I simply stated that they play the same style of hockey, a similar style of game. If you watched hockey I don't see how you can argue this. They both played a perimeter, play-making game in which the stuck to the outside and used their fantastic vision to set up their teammates for quality scoring chances. Gretzky was obviously a better shooter, passer, playmaker, and had better vision than RNH. But, the way they play the game is to a similar style. Crosby is possibly the best player of his generation (Gretzky obviously was the best of his) but Crosby and Gretzky do not play the same style of game at all. The are much different players. As are LeBron and Jordan, for another example.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The thing about Gretzky is that he played in an era where the big guys were not as fast, and not as big either. Most power forwards in the NHL can skate like the wind and also weigh 225-240 lbs. You need to be either strong or very quick to compensate.

RNH is fairly quick, but he is very weak. As a C is he is going to have a real tough time because strength is important on faceoffs and defensively (taking guys in front of the net, helping your D in the corners).

With his injury history I find most GM's are overvaluing him. If it was a redraft of 2011 I go Landeskog-Huberdeau-RNH.

I think his ceiling (if healthy) is something like:
    20g, 50a, 20ppp, -5, 35PIM

Banned

Well that, and their play style. If you were paying attention at all, you'll notice I did not compare their talent and I did not compare their statistics and I did not say RNH will be as prolific as Gretzky and I did not say that RNH will develop into the same caliber of player as Gretzky. I simply stated that they play the same style of hockey, a similar style of game. If you watched hockey I don't see how you can argue this. They both played a perimeter, play-making game in which the stuck to the outside and used their fantastic vision to set up their teammates for quality scoring chances. Gretzky was obviously a better shooter, passer, playmaker, and had better vision than RNH. But, the way they play the game is to a similar style. Crosby is possibly the best player of his generation (Gretzky obviously was the best of his) but Crosby and Gretzky do not play the same style of game at all. The are much different players. As are LeBron and Jordan, for another example.
    so basically you're just comparing two players with next to nothing in common...and you acknowledge that they have little in common...that's some quality analysis there

lemme try...I'm going to compare defensemen Bryan Rodney of the Oilers to Steve Yzerman...sure they don't even play the same position and they are nowhere close in terms of skill, scoring, defense, or really anything for that matter...but they both wore #19 so they're similar you know?