Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic career ceiling of RNH?

Banned

I am extremely confident Yakupov will never hit 90

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I am extremely confident Yakupov will never hit 90
    He lead Edmonton in Goals last year. This guy is an elite talent that will surpass 90 easily in the near future.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Im loving the injury prone bandwagon on Nuge. Its a huge help in me buying low and scooping him up in all my leagues. Please, by all means continue to spread this theory!
    That being said, Im pegging him for 70-85pts as an average year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    He lead Edmonton in Goals last year. This guy is an elite talent that will surpass 90 easily in the near future.
    Goals doesn't equal points. He will be playing second fiddle to the other 3 forwards and his play hasn't been spectacular.

Too many people are jumping on the Edmonton bandwagon and unrealistically think they will have 4 players or more who will get 90 some points. Heard this stuff 2-3 years ago, still hear it now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spoilers View Post
    Im loving the injury prone bandwagon on Nuge. Its a huge help in me buying low and scooping him up in all my leagues. Please, by all means continue to spread this theory!
    That being said, Im pegging him for 70-85pts as an average year
    Even if he never gets another injury, Dany Heatley is the example of a guy who severely declined due to a shoulder injury.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
    90 pts, don't forget how sick that team in going to be in 2-3 years
    You mean when all of those ELCs start expiring?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Even if he never gets another injury, Dany Heatley is the example of a guy who severely declined due to a shoulder injury.
    Really? When you think of RNH, he reminds you of Heater? Heatley is old balls, lazy and self entitled. I suspect his injury isn't the sole reason for his regression.

Banned

Really? When you think of RNH, he reminds you of Heater? Heatley is old balls, lazy and self entitled. I suspect his injury isn't the sole reason for his regression.
    I agree. He doesn't remind me of Heatley at all. The example was that Heatley's injury decreased his ability to shoot the puck. He was known for his slapper/one-knee one-timers but that has just gone away it seems.

I'm just saying if RNH's shoulder affects his shooting in the future, then he will become easier to defend against as he is already more of a playmaker anyway.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree. He doesn't remind me of Heatley at all. The example was that Heatley's injury decreased his ability to shoot the puck. He was known for his slapper/one-knee one-timers but that has just gone away it seems.

I'm just saying if RNH's shoulder affects his shooting in the future, then he will become easier to defend against as he is already more of a playmaker anyway.
    Well. Pretty tough to argue with that!
    I could point out Hall as an example of a young guy who bounced back pretty solidly after shoulder surgery. Id like to believe the same for RNH. The healing powers at that age are almost magic it seems! And of course Nuge plays not nearly as reckless so Id also like to believe that he will prove to be somewhat durable as hopefully he wont be putting himself into as many dangerous positions.

Banned

I could point out Hall as an example of a young guy who bounced back pretty solidly after shoulder surgery. Id like to believe the same for RNH. The healing powers at that age are almost magic it seems! And of course Nuge plays not nearly as reckless so Id also like to believe that he will prove to be somewhat durable as hopefully he wont be putting himself into as many dangerous positions.
    No question, these are great points.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree - think Sedins. He has a similar style of play and the reason they have avoided injury and have ironman streaks is because of that style of play. They are smart, remain calm, and have vision. Both of them are just as "frail" in physique as RNH.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I agree - think Sedins. He has a similar style of play and the reason they have avoided injury and have ironman streaks is because of that style of play. They are smart, remain calm, and have vision. Both of them are just as "frail" in physique as RNH.
    I wouldn't go that far...I doubt anyone in the NHL weighs less than Nugent-Hopkins.

that said, I do agree with the idea that if Nugent-Hopkins can avoid contact and physical play, he might avoid injuries. I know people keep saying that Gretzky could do it, the Sedins have done it, so why can't Nugent-Hopkins? Well, so far the prognosis isn't very good considering he has already missed a significant amount of time due to injury.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
    90 pts, don't forget how sick that team in going to be in 2-3 years
    Wait.....I am sure I have heard this before.....

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I wouldn't go that far...I doubt anyone in the NHL weighs less than Nugent-Hopkins.

that said, I do agree with the idea that if Nugent-Hopkins can avoid contact and physical play, he might avoid injuries. I know people keep saying that Gretzky could do it, the Sedins have done it, so why can't Nugent-Hopkins? Well, so far the prognosis isn't very good considering he has already missed a significant amount of time due to injury.
    Again, injury not resulting from contact with another player, and an injury that has been present since junior and is now fixed. Seems nobody has the intelligence to take context into the situation.

As for Heatley, he also totalled a car going 190 and killed his best friend, destroying his knees and missing a full season. That probably kinda had an impact on his long term health and productivity.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Again, injury not resulting from contact with another player, and an injury that has been present since junior and is now fixed. Seems nobody has the intelligence to take context into the situation.

As for Heatley, he also totalled a car going 190 and killed his best friend, destroying his knees and missing a full season. That probably kinda had an impact on his long term health and productivity.
    you make no sense with either comment...but especially the second...Heatley was a force when he first came to Ottawa (which was after the accident).

as for the first comment, no one knows exactly how/when RNH hurt his shoulder and I certainly don't believe that the injury had nothing to do with contact or physical play. The shoulder didn't just injury itself.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98