Thread: My Kovie and Afinogenov for heatley and redden

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default My Kovie and Afinogenov for heatley and redden

Rumors are around that Ron Wilson the coach of fantasy death is headed to Atlanta. 2 points for goal 1 for assist
    I could go either way on this just want some thoughts

Dobber Sports Sage

You could go either way?!?!?!??!?!?!?! There is only one way to go!!!!! Sheeeit!!! This shouldn\'t even be a question, take heatley and run!!!!!!!!! FAST!!!!!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Banned

not sure what ridin is raving about, given your stats breakdown I think its fairly even. Do you ONLY count Gs and As or do the other standard categories play into this as well? Just going off Gs and As and considering goals are worth twice as much you basically have:

Kovie = Heatley (actually slight edge to Heatley)
    Afinogenov > Redden

where I would argue that Kovie is slightly more the sniper but given that he won\'t have Hossa to keep defenses as honest this season he might see a slight dip in production. Heatley should have more assists in any event and if you care about +/- he\'ll be way ahead there. Afie is going to bounce back big this season, he\'s too talented not to and Redden should be consistent.

Dobber Sports Padawan

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    not sure what ridin is raving about, given your stats breakdown I think its fairly even. Do you ONLY count Gs and As or do the other standard categories play into this as well? Just going off Gs and As and considering goals are worth twice as much you basically have:

Kovie = Heatley (actually slight edge to Heatley)
    Afinogenov > Redden

where I would argue that Kovie is slightly more the sniper but given that he won\'t have Hossa to keep defenses as honest this season he might see a slight dip in production. Heatley should have more assists in any event and if you care about +/- he\'ll be way ahead there. Afie is going to bounce back big this season, he\'s too talented not to and Redden should be consistent.
    Sorry McGoo I\'ve read your posts and they\'re very good but will have to disagree - Heatley > Kovie by a large margin
    especially with Goals = 2 points. Heats is 6 years younger broke 50 goals / 100 points the previous 2 seasons
    and would of this year too if he didn\'t separate his shoulder. Kovie had a great year but history shows his talent does not = points.

and Afinogenov - Redden = 0.

Afinigenov and Redden both have to prove something next year and I\'m not sure either of them will be able produce close to their career years.

General rule of Trading is the owner who gets the best player in the trade wins the trade.

Get Heatley now if you can, doubt yourself later!
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop

Banned

well like I said it depends on his scoring system...he made it sound like it was goals and assists only, and that goals counted double...so plug in last year\'s numbers:

Team 1
    Heatley (41 x 2) + 41 = 123
    Redden (6 x 2) + 32 = 44

Team 2
    Kovalchuk (52 x 2) + 35 = 139
    Afinogenov (10 x 2) + 18 = 38

thats 167 for team 1 and 177 for team 2 which is pretty evenly matched even if you honestly beleive Afie won\'t bounce back and top his disappointing 28 pt season which I don\'t. The only way Team 1 wins hands down is if you factor in other stats (in particular +/-) and even then its still fairly even.

Dobber Sports Padawan

OMG!! Nevermind ignore what I just said! I\'m an idiot!
    In the rush of doing work and posting in between I believed Kovie as Kovalev and thought Hossa was in reference to MTL trying to get him this year! I thought the trade was fairly one sided....

Hahahaha...Magoo your right. Koval-chuk for Heatley is pretty even but I would still take Heatley right now. Last year was an off one for Heats due to injury
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop

Dobber Sports Expert

It\'s a close deal, but I\'d keep Kovalchuk. His 50+ goals last year was with T. White as the best C ATL could put on the ice. There is no guarantee Kovalchuk stays in ATL long-term...just imagine what he could post if he played with a C like Savard or Spezza.

I guess my argument would be...if Kovalchuk can put 50ish goals in the net in ATL he\'d be worth hanging onto even through a slower year just to see what he could post the year following elsewhere.

Am I speculating about Kovalchuk leaving ATL...yes, but R. Wilson coaching ATL is also speculation right now.

Quick edit...Kovalchuk is signed for 2 more years in ATL.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Banned

andrewklassen wrote:
    just imagine what he could post if he played with a C like Savard or Spezza.
    I can, Savard centered him for two seasons -lol...he had like 42 one year and 52 the next if I recall correctly

Dobber Sports Expert

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    andrewklassen wrote:
    just imagine what he could post if he played with a C like Savard or Spezza.
    I can, Savard centered him for two seasons -lol...he had like 42 one year and 52 the next if I recall correctly
    I guess I\'m saying with a couple more development season\'s under his belt Kovalchuk today might post 60+ goals and certainly more assists with a quality C. He put up some ridiculous totals early in his career. He\'s not as individually dominant as Ovechkin, but with a better C he could give Ovechkin a run for his money in the goal-scoring department every year [and the pool being discussed here did emphasize that].
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Redden stinks, but Heatley makes this deal worthwhile.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Sage

I definitely thought you were talking about Kovalev..... Kovalchuk is a way different story.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

even then, I\'d still take Heatley. Kovalchuk\'s inconsistency is way, way too maddening from a fantasy perspective. He can go ice cold and then fire in hattricks in back to back games. Makes setting your lineup a bitch.

With Heatley, you know what to expect. Goals, and lots of them.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Banned

andrewklassen wrote:
    I guess I\'m saying with a couple more development season\'s under his belt Kovalchuk today might post 60+ goals and certainly more assists with a quality C. He put up some ridiculous totals early in his career. He\'s not as individually dominant as Ovechkin, but with a better C he could give Ovechkin a run for his money in the goal-scoring department every year [and the pool being discussed here did emphasize that].
    Sorry I\'m not buying that, as far as setup centers go there aren\'t many better than Savard, esp not that I can see going to ATL. And what more development do you see him undergoing? He\'s going into his 7th season, I hafta believe we\'ve seen what he can do and thats much closer to 50 goals than 60+. He\'s never been much of an assist guy either he has a wicked shot and wisely tends to use it often.

Dobber Sports Sage

angus wrote:
    even then, I\'d still take Heatley. Kovalchuk\'s inconsistency is way, way too maddening from a fantasy perspective. He can go ice cold and then fire in hattricks in back to back games. Makes setting your lineup a bitch.

With Heatley, you know what to expect. Goals, and lots of them.
    I agree, I\'d still take heatley as I consider him a top 5 fantasy player, and that inconsistency from Koval truly is maddening. It\'s just not quite as lopsided as I had previously thought. Heatley is a beauty, id sell a lot to buy him, and take more to give him up!

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Expert

I was thinking about this one last night a little and would be willing to change my mind based on the consistency arguement [which Angus made]. I still think Kovalchuk could eclipse 60 goals either with a better C or on a different team, but that\'s 2 years from now. Heatley and Spezza have good chemistry together and Heatley is more all-round player who still pots close to 50 goals every year.

Forwards
    Defense
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask