Thread: moving nabby

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default moving nabby

I\'ve had numerous people express interest in nabby...

I know he\'s not old..but he aint young either..his value must be close to a maximum right now..so i wonder about moving him.

I was looking at getting some sort of package...a younger goalie who\'s decent and a top forward. I was thinking possibly bryzgalov...

what would be a reasonable return for him...??

i was looking at maybe bryzgalov++
    hemsky? howard? could I swing all 3?

manager with BRYZ full team

Brett Maclean
    (Fla - C)
    Petr Sykora
    (Pit - C,RW)
    Sergei Kostitsyn
    Ales Hemsky
    (Edm - RW)
    Chris Bourque
    (Was - C,LW)
    Ryan Callahan
    (NYR - RW)
    Brian Campbell
    (SJ - D)
    Matt Carle
    (SJ - D)
    Tomas Kaberle
    (Tor - D)
    Keith Yandle
    (Pho - D)
    Daymond Langkow
    (Cgy - C)
    David Krejci
    (Bos - C)
    Jiri Tlusty
    (Tor - C,LW)
    Michael Ryder
    (Mon - RW)
    Joe Corvo
    (Car - D)
    Martin Erat
    (Nsh - LW,RW)
    Kyle Okposo
    (NYI - RW)
    Kris Letang
    (Pit - D)
    Sam Gagner
    (Edm - C)
    Mike Fisher
    (Ott - C)
    Clarke MacArthur
    (Buf - LW)
    Tim Connolly
    (Buf - C)
    T.J. Hensick
    (Col - C)
    Jimmy Howard
    (Det - G)
    Ilya Bryzgalov
    (Pho - G)
    Craig Anderson
    (Fla - G)
    Wade Dubielewicz
    (NYI - G)
    Thomas Greiss
    (SJ - G)
    Dwayne Roloson
    (Edm - G)
    Mathieu Garon
    (Edm - G)
    Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers
    (Edm - G)

Thanks again dobber faithful...dunno where i would be without you guys...
    It never fails to amaze me how easily i can make decisions on other peoples trades..but I never feel confident in decisions about my own team...usually for good reason :P
    Limited Keeper ROTO pool, 10 teams. start full line up
    keep 2C 2L 2R 3D 1G (keepers in caps)
    G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA PPP SOG GWG
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO
    no max games, must have minimum 6 Dmen on roster

E. STAAL, H SEDIN, Lehtera, stepan, vermette (lw)
    D SEDIN, SHARP (c), semin (rw), doan (rw), Johansson (c)
    BACKES (c) KESLER (c), eberle, clowe (lw), grabovski (c,lw)
    SUTER, PHANEUF, GOLIGOSKI, shattenkirk, markov, boychuk, enstrom
    SCHNEIDER, bishop, S. mason, reimer, berra

Dobber Sports Master

Default moving nabby

Nabby is in his prime right now and will remain so for the next 2 years at a minimum. I would be asking a lot for him if I were you. Looking at your team I can see why moving him would be an option. He is peaking, but your team is way behind in terms of development. Without knowing the size of your league, I\'d say you have another 2-4 years of rebuilding before you would challenge for the title. In 4 years time, Nabby would likely be on his down turn.

I like the idea of trying to get Bryz, but the other owner is in the same boat as you. He does not need Nabby as he will not win this year or the next. Making the trade you suggested would rip apart his team. I doubt he would bite.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default moving nabby

How many guys do you keep??? huge factor. Bryz hemsky hensick would be a great trade for you i think, maybe even ask for a top round draft pick?

Banned

Default moving nabby

I dunno Atomic, looks to me like its a deep league...its not a bad idea to shop Nabby around right now because you\'d be selling high (IMO hes not that great a goalie, he just had a great season on a solid team). But you should definitely demand a high price for him, get a stud in return or a couple mid-level players and a high draft pick.

Unfortunately, the guy with Bryz has a pretty weak team so unless you take his best players it wouldn\'t be worth it for you and I\'m not sure he\'d go for it

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default moving nabby

It\'s a dynasty league...I\'ve amended my signature to that effect...

I agree that I the guy I\'m trading with doesn\'t need a current stud...but I figure he can flip nabby is he wants...the guys in my league are so horny for goaltenders that I\'m hoping he just wants him cause he\'s \"the best\" right now. The guy that won it has a stacked forward team with toskala as his only starter....i might trade nabby to him for something like toskala and malkin or iggy...it\'ll piss off my league cause it helps the leader but w/e
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Expert

Default moving nabby

I agree you\'re selling high, but I think Nabokov might have a 2 more years like this left in him so don\'t undersell. I guess I\'m just saying I\'d start by asking the moon for him and see if someone bites [Malkin, Iginla, like you mentioned].

Having said that, I don\'t mind the initial deal if you could get Bryzgalov, Hemsky and Howard [+ a draft pick maybe]. I think Bryzgalov\'s numbers could be top 10 this year on PHO team that looks poised to get back to the post-season [or at least contend for a spot there].

Right now Nabokov is the best fantasy goalie in the league IMO...make sure you\'re getting top dollar for him.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Pro

Default moving nabby

Man, I wish you were in my leagues. If I could land Nabby for:
    Bryz(who didnt even have a job last year, couldnt get traded, and was waived)
    Hemsky(who I have NO LOVE for and doubt he will ever reach the level many posters expect of him)
    and Hensick ( who is a good young prospect but a long way from being a DIFFERENCE maker

I would be ECSTATIC.

Nabby IS a great goalie, in a perfect system, and is young enough to DOMINATE for several more seasons at least. Exactly what reason did he ever give for not being a great goalie? His numbers were JUST Sick this year and he kept the SNORKS in the playoffs much longer than they deserved thanks to the \"Tin Man\" and usual cast of \"come up smalls\"

Bail if you must but I think you are selling him WAY SHORT.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default moving nabby

First of all..who said anything about hensick??? the trade i mentioned was for bryz howard and hemsky. I\'d give you a chance to retract your previous statement but you don\'t sound like the type to admit your wrong. Did you watch the NHL last year...did you see any of bryz numbers?? he played on the youngest and perennial basement team and put up huge numbers...its only going up from there. Howard is the goalie of the future right now on the best team in hockey...Hemsky I realise is touch and go...but do you see a better option from this team?? I wish I was in your league too...apparently you would sell the farm to get nabby from me...since you think I\'m ******ed for thinking this is a half decent trade...What would you be giving me? luongo Price and ovechkin??
    the point here is that nabby is at an alltime high..and is getting older..his numbers aren\'t likely to improve..and i\'m not sure i will be contending within the next few years while his numbers are still huge. I can try to ride nabby to win my pool in 2012...might even work...but i wont be able to offload him with any more value than right now. If the right trade comes along I will move him...but i didn;t say i was desperately searching for a trade now did I???
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

Default moving nabby

I LOVE EMOTION!@!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good points hagarty... sell high my friend, he could be the next Khabibulin!!!!!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Pro

Default moving nabby

First off. I like Bryz. He is a good goaltender on a young up and coming team. At 28, with not a lot of miles on him, he should be front and center as the Desert Dogs climb back into relevance. You sound like the Toskala truthers though with the way you are hyping him. Lets see how he does with a team that has any expectations maybe before we annoit him the next coming.

I just dont like Hemsky and he is the key to your trade since it looks like you are considering Howard as well. That would make you more sold on Howard right now than Detroit seems to be. You honestly see Detroit turning over the goaltender reigns to Howard? This is the same team with Cup aspirations that has brought in Hasek, Cujo, and Vernon in past seasons. The last young goaltender they played was Osgood and they chased him out of Detroit before he came back at the league minimum to be a backup. Hemsky looks too much like a never gonna be for my tastes. To each his own but dont get pissy with me because I dont think you should even consider dealing Nabby for what this guy has to offer. Hensick was included in one of the other posts as a possible trade. He does happen to be on this guys roster.

Never implied you were \"******ed\" by the way. Nice of you to overreact though. Dont ask if you dont want replies. Or are we all supposed to just love the trade offer to make you feel better about it?

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default moving nabby

ok...here goes...

yes bryz is a young tender on an up and coming team...i hope for big things outta the yotes and thus big things outta bryz, getting howard as a young tender, a prospect in that system is simply me hoping for the future. Hemsky could be a mistake but thats the point of hockey pools isnt it? to hope to make the right decision about a possibility...otherwise i can surrender right now cause the guy who ripped everyone off the last 2 years before i even joined this league is a lock to win for the next decade.
    I don\'t think i was overreacting, and as for asking and not wanting replies...i guess i should specify that only non sarcastic, legitimate replies are wanted..not replies that insinuate that i\'m weak enough at hockey pools that you wish i was in your league. Don\'t try to take the high road now superman. I was asking for opinions on what to ask for and i welcome them all...perhaps my overly high opinions of hemsky, bryzzy and howard are equally matched by your overly high opinions of nabby???
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Pro

Default moving nabby

hagarty wrote:
    ok...here goes...

yes bryz is a young tender on an up and coming team...i hope for big things outta the yotes and thus big things outta bryz, getting howard as a young tender, a prospect in that system is simply me hoping for the future. Hemsky could be a mistake but thats the point of hockey pools isnt it? to hope to make the right decision about a possibility...otherwise i can surrender right now cause the guy who ripped everyone off the last 2 years before i even joined this league is a lock to win for the next decade.
    I don\'t think i was overreacting, and as for asking and not wanting replies...i guess i should specify that only non sarcastic, legitimate replies are wanted..not replies that insinuate that i\'m weak enough at hockey pools that you wish i was in your league. Don\'t try to take the high road now superman. I was asking for opinions on what to ask for and i welcome them all...perhaps my overly high opinions of hemsky, bryzzy and howard are equally matched by your overly high opinions of nabby???
    Tru dat. +1 for agreeing that we have differing high opinions of the players being discussed. Was not a slight when I was saying I wish you were in my league. You took it that way but I was trying to show how we could deal if we were in a league together since I would be trading pieces that I feel were not worth what Nabby is worth. Every trade has two sides and maybe the other owner is looking at it like I am. I would rather be on the Nabby side of that trade.

For what it is worth, I dont ever take the high road. I can be quite the jerk.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default moving nabby

that works...i also readily admit i\'m an ******* LOL...and to be perfectly honest..i WAS trying to be a little bit of a prick back. When you say +1 do you mean minus...or did you just bad karma me a couple times earlier :P lol
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Pro

Default moving nabby

No. I wasnt the one that nicked you earlier. I honestly cant remember the last time I gave neg karma. I respect most opinions even if I dont agree with them. That is what makes this board fun. You have to be a real useless jerk to get me to want to neg your karma. I did see you lost a karma point from the time our back and forth started but I figured it was from another post you may have been involved with. I got you back to zero.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default moving nabby

oh well..i wasnt involved with any other discussions where i was being a dick....i dont think....I guess you have friends that are spiteful cause i\'m rude to you LOL :P:P:P ahh well...arguments are fun anyways..and its how people with differing opinions who are both passionate about stuff communicate those opinions. good thread imo ciao
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO