Thread: Last Keeper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Last Keeper

Okay its a ten team league counting G, A, +/-, PP, SH, GWG and W, SO for goalies. I need to decide on my last keeper. Currently I am keeping Eric Staal, Heatley and Iginla and have to pick one more. In my league you lose the pick you chose a player with when you keep them. example heatley chosen 1st round so I will not have my 1st round pick, Iginla 2nd round so i lose that pick and Staal was 5th round so I will again lose that pick. My final keeper slot will go to one of the following-Turco(4th) Boyle(6th) or Cammalleri(9th), or I could take a gamble and keep Theodore(15th). The question is not what keeper is the best but what yields the most value for the pick that I will lose. So will Turco and the 6th round pick be more valuable then Boyle and my 4th rounder. I\'m leaning towards not keeping Cammalleri purely based on it would make all of my keepers forwards, but that wouldn\'t be a huge deal. Thanks for the advice.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Last Keeper

I\'d keep Turco. Your first pick will be in the third round, and I\'d guess that all the top goalies will either be protected prior to the draft, or taken prior to the third round. You\'d be risking coming out with pretty poor goaltending if you let Turco go.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Last Keeper

If you kept Cammallari, what are the chances you\'d be able to pick turco up again with your 3rd round pick?? Are there other goalies available?? Who are your other goalies? Is there a team out there who would pick him up?
    Just \'cus losing that 9th round pick would hurt a lot less then the 1st, 2nd, and 4th!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Last Keeper

agreed. look at the other teams and see where goalies will most likely fit in for them (keepers or not). Not only that but offensive stats are a 3:1 ratio compared to goalie stats (if you are h2h).
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Last Keeper

You have to keep Turco unless you know you can get a comparable talent in the draft. Turco is not a Top Five talent but it is hard to argue that he is not Top Ten. In a Ten team keeper league, you have to have one of those Top Ten goalies.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Last Keeper

DO you need one more guy telling you to keep Turco? Then I\'m your man! (So is he)
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Last Keeper

yeah, i\'d keep Turk too

Banned

Default Last Keeper

In general I agree with the consensus, its hard to let Turco go when he still has quite a few years left (he\'s 33) and he\'s playing on a Stars team that shows no signs of decline.

But I can also see how you\'re torn with Cammilleri, I think he bounces back to the pt/game pace we saw in 06/07. He\'s definitely the better value with that late pick and your pool favors scorers since you only count wins and shutouts for goalies. If your confident you can snag a decent goalie I might take a chance on it but Turco is the safer play probably.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Last Keeper

How many goalie slots do you guys play in your league... 10 team league, odds are you\'re playing at least 2 goalies. Going back into the draft without a single goalie would be a mistake. Theodore is much riskier than Turco. Turco has 4-5 productive seasons left in him. You gotta keep your #1 Tender.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Last Keeper

I\'m for Turco as well. The other thing that i\'d do as part of my planning is try to figure out who i think the other 9 gms will keep. This gives you an idea of what goalies are being kept and who might be up for grabs AND of equal importance it lets you know how many picks in the top 4 rounds are actually going to be made. If everyone keeps there top three picks from last year then it hurts a bit less to lose your 1st, 2nd and 4th.