Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Analysis please?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Analysis please?

Hossa not really a sniper.
    From your description, you seem to view him as a power forward collecting junk in front of the net. I can\'t say I\'ve seen all of Hossa\'s tallies, but I would definitely classify him as a sniper more than anything else. I\'ve seen him pick corners from every angle around the perimeter. I would think that classifies him as a sniper. He\'s got good speed and stick-handling abilities, but his bread and butter is his quick, accurate shot...at least from what I have seen of him over the years. One might classify Marty as more of a \"goal scorer\" type, because he gets a lot of his points using his speed, tenacity, and playmaking ability.

Banned

Default Analysis please?

again, look at my initial post, the first thing I said was that its hard to argue with Hossa, Nabby, Getlaf, Gonchar...but this is message board so if you don\'t have someone play devil\'s advocate once in awhile its not much fun. B)

Hossa is the more skilled of the two, more the goal scorer and probably a slightly better option as a keeper...I just plain don\'t like him because he takes games off and plays when he feels like it...I lost 2 or 3 head to head matchups this season because he decided to take a little break on me. Hossa wanted out of ATL because he wanted to play for a contender again, so if he doesn\'t stay in PIT and gets traded to a team rebuilding I predict he\'s going to sulk and have a sub par season.

I\'ll go on record with that one, you can all come back and say \'I told you so\' when he scores 100 pts on some crap team -lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Analysis please?

i personally keep st.goals....

hossa\'s a bitch

play depends on his mood

St. Goals is 32...hardly old.....maybe whens hes 35 we can have that discussion...

toss up between the 2 for total points in 0809

St. Goals scores more G\'s than the \'hoss in 0809

B)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Analysis please?

I personally would steer clear of St Louis in anything other than points only... his +/- is going to be disgusting, he\'s only gonna put up about 24 PIMs and he doesnt shoot all that much. Simply put there are better options where you would have to select St Louis to get him, I think Hossa wins by virtue of being the \"lesser of two evils.\" Also, I don\'t consider Marty to be an elite player (you would need more than 3 seasons >80 pts to be considered an elite scorer IMO).
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Analysis please?

not sure of the value of goalies in your league , but i think osgood,nabbie,getz and gonchar would be my choices.i know howard is detroits next #1 , but , with how osgood has been playing this year and in the playoffs it\'s hard to bump a winning goalie.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Analysis please?

I would not discount TB so quickly. St. Louis is in an improving environment as opposed to Hossa\'s unknown.

They have a new goalie in Smith. They will have Boyle, Ranger, Picard and Kuba as the top 4 on D. They only have 4 top 6 forwards, including stamkos, but halpern looked good in his debut and might bring some stability and defensive awareness to the 2nd (preferably 3rd) line.

In the meantime the PP looks like it will be fantastic.

I believe they are committed to 36-37 million with 19 players signed which means a few decent additions can be made.

If this team added 2 solid players like Rolston and J. Smith or even go offense with Huselius, would they not be competing with CAR and WSH for the division?

Looking back at 07/08 Vinny had 92 points but did not dominate like the year before, the pressure on he and Marty was a little too much. This team could be a big surprise next year.

I like Marty over Hossa, unless he stays in Pit.

Banned

Default Analysis please?

yeah I totally agree, I don\'t know if we\'ll see St. Louis return to his 100 pt form but I\'ve got a sneaking suspicion that TB might be this season\'s Flyers in terms of improvement.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Analysis please?

unless they sign a top five defenseman like Timonen, fat chance.

Boyle is a mess in his own zone, and the rest of their defense is pretty forgettable.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Banned

Default Analysis please?

angus wrote:
    unless they sign a top five defenseman like Timonen, fat chance.

Boyle is a mess in his own zone, and the rest of their defense is pretty forgettable.
    ok so maybe that was a slight exaggeration, they won\'t make a 40 pt leap like the Flyers but last season was an anomaly, they\'ll be back in the playoff hunt this year, trust me

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Analysis please?

They have the money to grab a few d-men and a top 6 forward.

I am not sure who would be a top 5 out there, Redden, Campbell? but...
    They could go for guys like Smith or Hainsey, hell they could take a shot at an RFA like Bouwmeester or Green to hurt their rivals in the SE.

The other consideration is if there is a coaching change the team might actually play some defense next year.