Thread: am i insane?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default am i insane?

roy and 3rd/08

For

sykora, sekera, nodl and 2 2nds/08

sykora should have 1 more productive yr at least comparable to roy (10-15pts). i have paetsch so i would be handcuffing te BUF pp qb in sekera. i am really high on nodl, however he has alot to compete with in philly.

is this enough for a 25 yr old who has just come off an 80 pt season? or would you stand pat?

Dobber Sports Star

Default am i insane?

I think I would stand pat. Roy outscored Sykora by 22 pts. this year. I think he\'ll continue to outscore him by 20 pts. Sykora has only twice in his career broken 70 pts. in a year.. and that last happened 00-01. It\'s been a while, and it won\'t be happening any time soon. Roy is argueably your most productive Forward. Thus his value is even more so increased. I would hang onto him. He\'s still young and there\'s no need for you to get any younger...

If you should be looking to move anyone for a young package it would be Marty Brodeur...if he starts off hot next year, you could really cash in.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Guru

Default am i insane?

yes, vote #2 for stand pat.

your scoring system doesn\'t seem to reward goals more than assists, correct?

a lot of sykora\'s value is derived from his high percentage of points that are goals. since that doesn\'t matter for you, he\'s not as valuable as he might be in other leagues.

sekera will be a gooder, but with boyle-weber-carle-yandle i think you\'re ok.

how good will those 2nd rounders be?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default am i insane?

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    yes, vote #2 for stand pat.

your scoring system doesn\'t seem to reward goals more than assists, correct?

a lot of sykora\'s value is derived from his high percentage of points that are goals. since that doesn\'t matter for you, he\'s not as valuable as he might be in other leagues.

sekera will be a gooder, but with boyle-weber-carle-yandle i think you\'re ok.

how good will those 2nd rounders be?
    the picks would be 19th and 20th overall. solid players still available there. in regards to sykora i hear ya on the goals, however i think his numbers would have been alot higher had he had the season with malkin, no?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default am i insane?

The Myth wrote:
    roy and 3rd/08

For

sykora, sekera, nodl and 2 2nds/08

sykora should have 1 more productive yr at least comparable to roy (10-15pts). i have paetsch so i would be handcuffing te BUF pp qb in sekera. i am really high on nodl, however he has alot to compete with in philly.

is this enough for a 25 yr old who has just come off an 80 pt season? or would you stand pat?

you are indeed insane

:woohoo:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default am i insane?

I would keep Roy and not even think about trading him for the other side you have posted. I wouldn\'t want Sekera that bad..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Giant

Default am i insane?

Sorry to tell you this, but I think you are. I think UW pretty much covered it all.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default am i insane?

something i forgot to add was that i have hensick, antropov, bertuzzi, stoll on my bench along with some decent scoring prospects in grabner, brouwer and hamill.

my thinking was that the initial loss wouldn\'t be all that bad sykora vs roy straight up. when you factor in the chance of one of the listed above stepping up and having a great yr (hensick inpartiular)it\'s not that bad. not to mention with hensick, it buys him another yr to develop before he starts putting up roy type numbers (which i think he will).

i\'m weak on D. after the 6 i have listed i have only, paetsch, franson and godfrey. i would most likely use my first (6th) and the 2 seconds i would gain, and pick up the likes of pietrangelo, del zotto, carlson.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default am i insane?

so 19th and 10th overall from this summer\'s entry draft.

i\'m quite on the fence with this one. the trade gives you a big boost in depth, and while i\'m not sold on roy\'s upside beyond what we saw this year, there is still the chance he progresses into a marc savard-type (90 point threat each year).

sykora did have the entire year with the opportunity to play with malkin-crosby, so forget about an increase in point totals for him.

so, what we\'re talking about is losing ~20 points in a position and depth upgrades to make up for it. since nodl and those 2nd rounders will likely be several years off, and hensick is still two years away from 80 points, i would probably pass on this trade.

if you want the upgrade on D, trade roy straight up for one.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default am i insane?

quick update. he has offered brown, nodl and (2) 2nd\'s 08
    FOR
    roy and a 6th

i originally refused it by i\'m having second thought. opinions would be appreciated.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default am i insane?

haha, are both guys involved in the trade discussing it on the same thread? that has got to make things difficult!

again, i wouldn\'t trade roy for that. the OP has 2 good wingers on either side, but if he did this then his second center would be drury, which isn\'t great. brown gets a lot of value from leagues that count hits, shots, and goals>assists. the duel eligibility he gets in yahoo is a bonus too.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default am i insane?

actually i have 2 user names. thanks for he input tho ultra. i really do enjoy your views, smart hockey guy for sure.