Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Green vs Radulov - Keeper Help

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Green vs Radulov - Keeper Help

mikeman47 wrote:
    ya green is the player i had in mind. Although, according to nhlscap.com Green is RFA next season. Hopefully Kevin Lowe doesnt come a knockin\'. You think his production will change if he gets moved?
    Green recently bought an expensive condo in Washington. He loves the city and the team, the team loves him and Leonsis has made it clear that Green will be re-signed, whatever it takes. He\'s not going anywhere.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In yahoo pools, a good RW is as rare as a good def, except the RWs has more upside.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

wonder what Dobber thinks of this one...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

And don\'t forget there was that kind of hype on Ryan Whitney before last season, playing with Crosby and Malkin. All I say is we have to be wary with defensemen. If there is a chance to take, I would prefer an RW over a defense.

Dobber Sports Guru

whitney is a big guy with a big shot. green is mobile, he\'s dynamic, he\'s the closest thing we\'ve seen to paul coffey since, well, paul coffey.

he\'s not going anywhere, but if he did, then yeah, of course we should be worried.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Green vs Radulov - Keeper Help.Dobber come on down

habsloverhater wrote:
    And don\'t forget there was that kind of hype on Ryan Whitney before last season, playing with Crosby and Malkin. All I say is we have to be wary with defensemen. If there is a chance to take, I would prefer an RW over a defense.
    ya massive hype for whitney before last season, but green has shown that he is able to adapt to new situations (when playing with team canada at iihf) and he was still studly. not to mention he lead all players in icetime. i would like to know dobbers opinion on this one...
    Yahoo Keeper League - 10 Managers H2H - 4 keepers year to year
    G,A,+-,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    Centre: Sundin, Arnott, Boyes
    LW: Kovalchuk, Ray Whitney, Kariya
    RW: Healtey, Radulov, Vrbata, Doan
    D: McCabe, Niedermayer, Green, Zidlicky
    G: Turco, Thomas

Banned

keep green, his relative value is higher...radulov is one of those infuriatingly inconsistent guys that \'looks\' like he should be a point a game type of player but always disappoints, green is a stud and with all that ice time (and alot of it on that PP) i predict another 55-65 pt season

Dobber Sports Prodigy

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    keep green, his relative value is higher...radulov is one of those infuriatingly inconsistent guys that \'looks\' like he should be a point a game type of player but always disappoints, green is a stud and with all that ice time (and alot of it on that PP) i predict another 55-65 pt season
    well put +1
    Yahoo Keeper League - 10 Managers H2H - 4 keepers year to year
    G,A,+-,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    Centre: Sundin, Arnott, Boyes
    LW: Kovalchuk, Ray Whitney, Kariya
    RW: Healtey, Radulov, Vrbata, Doan
    D: McCabe, Niedermayer, Green, Zidlicky
    G: Turco, Thomas

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Green. He is not really comparable to Whitney. Whitney was more hyped mostly because of his situation. While Green plays with lots of talent, he would be an offensive gem wherever he played.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

I...am your father.

Green - 70-point rearguards are a rarity and I think he could get there next year. Rads is a wildcard who is two seasons away yet from possibly exploding for 90+ points...if he does at all.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

the only problem is that 70-points defensemen is a non-existant thing. We always dream it will happen like we were dreaming 70 points for Whitney last season and realize that after all, if your name is not Lidstrom, there is very minimal chances you can accomplish that. It only takes a losing streak to see an offensive defenseman to be asked to play more defensive and/or be benched cos the team needs more minutes from the stay-at-home guys at the blue-line to secure some wins. Sorry but Green is over-hyped, mark my words and let\'s talk about that again in december.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

yes, but Green is not Whitney. Green is not Phaneuf (offensively), Green is not Bouwmeester, or whoever else was hyped as the next \"70 point\" guy. Whitney was so hyped primarily because of his situation. He didn\'t play well, and got bumped off the first unit. It also didn\'t help that Crosby got hurt. Him and Whitney had awesome chemistry in 06/07.

Green is the most dynamic young defenseman offensively since Paul Coffey. The way he skates and moves the puck combined with his knack for getting pucks on net = points, and a lot of them.

70 is a bit optimistic, but not as much as one would think. He put up 56 last season and only really took off when Boudreau unleashed him from the reigns Hanlon had on him. I don\'t have numbers in front of me, but I\'d bet that he was at a 70-point pace from December onwards.

I...am your father.

I never felt that Phaneuf, JBO or any rearguard was a 70-point player except Whitney. Now I\'m saying Green. And although I haven\'t completely given up on Whitney, he may have been replaced by Letang...but one of them will get there. Mark it. D-men hit their prime at 28 or 29, so let these guys get at least to 25 first!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Yikes.

Would you keep Green over Richards or Parise?

Exactly. Tough situation for me.

With everybody\'s praises, I\'m leaning on dropping Richards for Green.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I\'d take him over both, and Parise is hands down my favorite NHL\'er.