Thread: The Oveckin Overpay?

Dobber Sports Star

Default The Oveckin Overpay?

I\'m looking to put together an offer for Ovechkin in the roto league in my sig.

I think I can win this year. I was thinking of offering Spezza, Staal and Brodeur/Fleury. Is that fair? Too much or too little? He has also expressed interest in Carcillo before, and I would be OK with putting him in the deal if he sent back a little something.

His prospects (of which he can keep 6) are Cherepanov, Cogliano, Hansen, Kaidorodov, S Kostitsyn, Kulemin, Lahti, Mueller, Sutter, Turris. I don\'t think he\'d consider moving Mueller or Turris, but maybe Kostitsyn.

He really needs a goaltender, and Spezza would be an OK sacrifice given the centres on my farm.

What does the crowd think? Appreciate any and all feedback.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I really like agressive offers like this as I think they are the only way to land players like Ovechkin. I don\'t think it is overpaying at all.

I always recommend hiding a 3 for 1 deal in a 3 for 3 deal. Just add his two worst players coming back to you. Even better if he has been trying to get ride of someone bad or really slumping because he might get destracted by the thought of finally getting that guy off his hands.

Dobber Sports Veteran

To get a stud, you generally have to overpay. If goals count more than assits and he\'ll take Brodeur, I\'d say go for it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Right about now is the time to get off the Brodeur train and if you can turn him along with Spezza and Staal into AO, by all means make the move. I am soundly in the make a play for AO at all costs camp. No price is too high as long as it doesnt guy your team. I would try to hold Fleury even though I am not his biggest fan. He has a lot of wins left in him if he stays with Pitt long term and I would much rather deal the soon to decline HOFer Marty as the goalie in the deal. Spezza and Staal are a nice catch along with Marty if the guy looks at seriously and he should.

Good Luck
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya i agree with both.... you can\'t get ovie for anything less.... tough to give up those guys... but getting something for brodeur now is a great move, and spezza and staal are two players who i\'d be willing to move for ovie.....go for it!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson