Thread: Halak or Varlamov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Halak or Varlamov

Team/Scoring in sig

Who has the better season this year in terms of Wins and Shutouts? Both are injury prone but they are easily my best options for my 3rd goalie spot.

Dobber Sports Ninja

In a W/SO league I'd have to side with the guy who is the undisputed #1 on the team and to me that's Varly.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    In a W/SO league I'd have to side with the guy who is the undisputed #1 on the team and to me that's Varly.
    I agree. If you were needing percentages I'd maybe lean towards Halak, but with the uncertainty around how many starts he'll get, I like the Varly pick better too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    But he's looking for a 3rd goalie, not a 1st or 2nd guy. So with that said, Halak has a better D in front and could be used as a spot starter potentially more effectively.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    But he's looking for a 3rd goalie, not a 1st or 2nd guy. So with that said, Halak has a better D in front and could be used as a spot starter potentially more effectively.
    True. Are all your goalies active at once? Or do you have to select 2 per day? If you're willing to keep an eye on starting goalie announcements daily, you might get a little more use out of Halak.