Thread: Cherepanov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Cherepanov

Russia has again refused to come to participate in the agreement between the International Ice Hockey Federation and the NHL.

I read previously where Cherepanov has an agreement in place, already, to come to the NHL this year. There is talk that Russia is going to amend their labor law to make it more difficult for the players to leave for the NHL.

Do you think that Cherepanov will be with the Rangers this year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Cherepanov

nope , i\'d be surprised if that happened...
    one more year in russia...

Dobber Sports Padawan

The deal with Cherepanov was always one more year in Russia. At the draft they were talking about how he intended to finish out the last year of hi contract and then come over for the 08/09 season.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

big_dl wrote:
    The deal with Cherepanov was always one more year in Russia. At the draft they were talking about how he intended to finish out the last year of hi contract and then come over for the 08/09 season.
    yeah thats exactly what he said...he basically said he had commited to one more year and wouldnt break the agreement and that one more year in russia would help him improve before he made the trip for the 08/09 season in teh NHL

Dobber Sports Initiate

Plus, Russia just reformed their labour laws so now players won\'t be able to opt out of contracts if they give two weeks notice. NHL clubs will either have to wait until their current contract are up or pay Russia to bring players over. The new law should be in effect by January of next year.
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly
    D: Byfuglein, Krug, Green, Lindholm, Savard
    G: Price, Varlamov, Anderson, Bernier, Pickard
    Prospects: Nurse, Milano, Hellebuyck, Jarry, Gillies, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Padawan

What i meant is that cherepanov\'s contract ends at the end of this year and its been reported that he has no intention of renewing that contract to play in russia. Thus even new russian labour laws would not have an effect on cherepanovs ability to sign an nhl contract.

Dobber Sports Stud

It will be interesting to see if there are increased efforts, in the next few months, to leave Russia for the NHL. Maybe some of the players, that have already been drafted, will not want to have to wait for the Russian Ice Hockey Federation to come to agreement with the NHL.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

or they can just honour the remaining years on their contract...i dont like the russians not signing the agreement but i understand where they are comming from. They see their best players leave every year for basically nothing after they have been paying and developing them. Could you imagine what would happen if Crosby left Pitts for russia and they only got 200K for him? the uproar would be unheard of

Dobber Sports Sophomore

newellky wrote:
    or they can just honour the remaining years on their contract...i dont like the russians not signing the agreement but i understand where they are comming from. They see their best players leave every year for basically nothing after they have been paying and developing them. Could you imagine what would happen if Crosby left Pitts for russia and they only got 200K for him? the uproar would be unheard of
    I really hope this becomes a reality.

Hey Sid, don\'t you want to live in Omsk?? I hear the girls there have reallllly long legs!