Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Discussion

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Round 3 Discussion

newper114 wrote:
    UW friend, rank my picks as well. you know me from the other league that im going to dominate you in. so how am i looking so far in this one:laugh:
    price, stastny, and perry? you\'re looking just fine, pal!

perry as your 3rd was awesome. i was hoping he would fall to my end.

the thing with your team newper is that you\'ll be waiting a year or two for those three guys to hit their stride. then again, i picked radulove 2nd, so i\'m in the same boat a bit.

Dobber Sports Ace

Speaking of waiting to hit their stride, my team consists of Backstrom and DiPietro and Kaberle on rebuilding teams
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Master

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    well, im bored, so i thought i\'d jot down some of my favourite teams so far.

nordiquefan - ovie, campbell, whitney - just awesome. good strategy!
    crazynuck - morrow, chara, fleury - great balance
    culpy - thornton, gonchar, bernier - interesting, because just about when bernier begins producing, gonchar will be winding down.
    gongshow - savard, markov, nabokov - safe picks, good spread among positions.
    torture - iginla, richards, vokoun - i will follow torture\'s team closely, because i should have probably picked vokoun, so it will almost be like a bizarro version of my own team
    babalu69 - kovy, kopitar, st.louis - same strat as mine, but kopitar > briere
    raccer - toews, mueller, phaneuf - can you build an entire team around phaneuf? i think so.
    chicleteur - getzlaf, brown , bryzgalov - i think bryz is the real deal, and chic is going after all categories at once
    broadstreetbullies - michalek, turco, ward - i have a feeling i\'m gonna be trading with this guy at some point.

obviously, every team has something going for them, these ones just intrigue me for whatever reason. we shall see if noriculous can get a good selection in and make a case for having the best team after 3 picks (hossa-giguere-?)!
    great work UW.

Let me comment on your team.

Zetterberg, Radulov and Briere. Great job covering all the forwar positions but the top end D and G\'s are gone so we shall see how your team looks once you fill in those holes.
    Great job picking guys in their prime and Radulov we all know his potential but its a risk in round 2. But being a pool on dobber i was surprised he wasn\'t gone in round 1.

As for my team its all about balance. the best way to win roto leagues.B)
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Guru

Crazynuck wrote:
    great work UW.

Zetterberg, Radulov and Briere. Great job covering all the forwar positions but the top end D and G\'s are gone so we shall see how your team looks once you fill in those holes.
    Great job picking guys in their prime and Radulov we all know his potential but its a risk in round 2. But being a pool on dobber i was surprised he wasn\'t gone in round 1.

yeah, i\'m a bit of a roto newbie, and i definitely did not head into this thinking i would go LW-RW-C. but once zetterberg fell to me, i couldn\'t say no, and then after that there wasn\'t a goalie that i could justify picking. in hindsight, ward or giguere might have been good picks. all i can do is hope that i can gather enough offense together to put me ahead in those categories or to use as trade bait.

besides, a certain dark lord of the swiss is still around, ain\'t he? (damn, where is tiantonio when you need him?)

Dobber Sports Master

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    great work UW.

yeah, i\'m a bit of a roto newbie, and i definitely did not head into this thinking i would go LW-RW-C. but once zetterberg fell to me, i couldn\'t say no, and then after that there wasn\'t a goalie that i could justify picking. in hindsight, ward or giguere might have been good picks. all i can do is hope that i can gather enough offense together to put me ahead in those categories or to use as trade bait.

besides, a certain dark lord of the swiss is still around, ain\'t he? (damn, where is tiantonio when you need him?)
    I\'m actually swiss and a believer in Gerber but Tiantonio has the man crush on him. Good to see he\'s around again.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Guru

i threw in the swiss part last minute, just for you.

Dobber Sports Master

thx dude
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i hope noone plans on drafting aki berg before i do

Torture

torture - iginla, richards, vokoun - i will follow torture\'s team closely, because i should have probably picked vokoun, so it will almost be like a bizarro version of my own team
    Or maybe YOURS is the bizzaro version of mine, jeez! :laugh:

I\'ve got my eye on a couple of guys that I\'m really hoping fall to me. I\'m semi-confident that ONE of them will still be around when I get my 4th round pick.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

thousands of canadians will fall victim to this contagious disease....ACUTE GOLFITIS

Torture

praba wrote:
    thousands of canadians will fall victim to this contagious disease....ACUTE GOLFITIS
    I won\'t fall victim to the disease...but I WILL prey on those that do, I bartend at a golf course. :P Actually, Rhett Warrener is a member there, I saw him yesterday! B)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I saw Steve Thomas and Wendel Clark on the weekend!!! lol. The hound line baby!!!

The Magnificent One

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    newper114 wrote:
    UW friend, rank my picks as well. you know me from the other league that im going to dominate you in. so how am i looking so far in this one:laugh:
    price, stastny, and perry? you\'re looking just fine, pal!

perry as your 3rd was awesome. i was hoping he would fall to my end.

the thing with your team newper is that you\'ll be waiting a year or two for those three guys to hit their stride. then again, i picked radulove 2nd, so i\'m in the same boat a bit.

yeah im hoping it wont be too long off. i like to compete each year. i was going to go with st.louis with my 3rd pick but i dont know something just made me grab perry. i think he will increase his point production by a good 15 this year. thanxs for the advice... always like hearing comments about what i have done.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ace

Dan should be bumped to the end, because we know when he makes his one pick, it will be another big wait for his next one. If he was on the end, we would only have one wait compared to two. This guy is clearly not interested. He may have alot going on, but he should at the very least be a member.

On a side note, I\'m really envious of alot of other people\'s teams, im kinda nervous about mine and definitely not a fan with what I ended up with. I\'m hoping my man will fall to me next round, but there are many picks before then.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hows my team so far?

C -Lecavalier
    Rw - Hemsky
    G - Theodore