Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Discussion

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Round 3 Discussion

i think we will have a good picture at the ends of the 4th round on the strategy of each one maybe end of 6th when the snake have done a complet up and down
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Initiate

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    well, im bored, so i thought i\'d jot down some of my favourite teams so far.

nordiquefan - ovie, campbell, whitney - just awesome. good strategy!
    crazynuck - morrow, chara, fleury - great balance
    culpy - thornton, gonchar, bernier - interesting, because just about when bernier begins producing, gonchar will be winding down.
    gongshow - savard, markov, nabokov - safe picks, good spread among positions.
    torture - iginla, richards, vokoun - i will follow torture\'s team closely, because i should have probably picked vokoun, so it will almost be like a bizarro version of my own team
    babalu69 - kovy, kopitar, st.louis - same strat as mine, but kopitar > briere
    raccer - toews, mueller, phaneuf - can you build an entire team around phaneuf? i think so.
    chicleteur - getzlaf, brown , bryzgalov - i think bryz is the real deal, and chic is going after all categories at once
    broadstreetbullies - michalek, turco, ward - i have a feeling i\'m gonna be trading with this guy at some point.

obviously, every team has something going for them, these ones just intrigue me for whatever reason. we shall see if noriculous can get a good selection in and make a case for having the best team after 3 picks (hossa-giguere-?)!
    What about my team!?! I am so offended!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Me too
    2014-15 - 12TM ESPN H2H - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SHG,GWG,Hat,Hit,Blk - W,GA,SV,SHO

F: Rick Nash, Stepan, Hornqvist, Gaborik, Voracek, Kesler, Vrbata, Versteeg
    D: E. Karlsson, Josi, Pietrangelo
    G: Lundqvist(IR), Holtby.

Dobber Sports Giant

Well I guess you have a new job UW! Everybody want your comments on their team.

Dobber Sports Pro

Chinny wrote:
    newper114 wrote:
    random question about the salary for each player? how will it change going forward in yrs. i now have price he is at $13. if he has an amazing year next yr and plays 70 games and wins 50 with 9 SO. now i know that wont happen (i wish but still) how would his salary value jump? can i be seeing him go from $13 to say $125, in one yr or is there some slow growth with the salaries?
    salaries are based on the past 3 years and it is currently a 60%,30%,10% split (60% for the most recent year 10% for 3rd year) So a good year will jump up his salary quite a bit, but he still has only 1/2 a year (i am saying that since he didn\'t start the year as the starter) in for 40% of his full value (years 2 and 3). His full value will start to show in 2-3 years.
    Chinny,

How exactly did you do this? You mentioned Price only has 1/2 a year. Didn\'t you just look at where the goalie ranked this past season and gave each one points from 1 to n for each of the three categories. Same for prior years and then apply your 60-30-10 split.

Did you take into consideration games played and whether or not they were the starter?
    Thanks,
    Rad
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Guru

haha, alright, you asked for it...

sd - staal, cammalleri, green - i LOVE green, and i think that was a good pick, but i\'m not the biggest fan of staal and cammalleri. staal in the 2nd round is good, and cammy in the 3rd isn\'t bad, but you could get screwed if cammy gets traded and ends up playing exclusively center

notubble - datsyuk, rafalski, ellis - love the 1st 2 picks, don\'t like the 3rd. then again, we should wait and see who i end up with for goalies before i bash yours.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

if anyone has time perhaps they can put all our picks into a chart so that instead of going through everyones signature one by one checking their team we can just look at the chart, which can be updated frequently. so like the teams on the horizontal bars with their selected players below for the columns. im sure whoever does it will get karma from all the active users lol. and hopefully someone will do it because i think its quite useful

Comish Comment: It\'s all being compiled by The Comish

[file name=Dynasty_Draft_Sheet.xls size=64000]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/Dynasty_Draft_Sheet.xls[/file]

Dobber Sports Guru

well, i\'m out for a little while, and then i\'ll be back around dinner, and then im playing hockey tonight. not that i really expect it to get back to me, but just in case i\'m not around, you\'ll know why.

Dobber Sports Giant

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    cammy in the 3rd isn\'t bad, but you could get screwed if cammy gets traded and ends up playing exclusively center
    You see that\'s one of the reason I went Brown instead of Cammer.

Dobber Sports Stud

Rad64 wrote:
    Chinny wrote:
    newper114 wrote:
    random question about the salary for each player? how will it change going forward in yrs. i now have price he is at $13. if he has an amazing year next yr and plays 70 games and wins 50 with 9 SO. now i know that wont happen (i wish but still) how would his salary value jump? can i be seeing him go from $13 to say $125, in one yr or is there some slow growth with the salaries?
    salaries are based on the past 3 years and it is currently a 60%,30%,10% split (60% for the most recent year 10% for 3rd year) So a good year will jump up his salary quite a bit, but he still has only 1/2 a year (i am saying that since he didn\'t start the year as the starter) in for 40% of his full value (years 2 and 3). His full value will start to show in 2-3 years.
    Chinny,

How exactly did you do this? You mentioned Price only has 1/2 a year. Didn\'t you just look at where the goalie ranked this past season and gave each one points from 1 to n for each of the three categories. Same for prior years and then apply your 60-30-10 split.

Did you take into consideration games played and whether or not they were the starter?
    Thanks,
    Rad
    No, there wasn\'t any consideration for games played and yes each player gets ranked from 0-100% for each stat, i mentioned that Price only played half a year because his numbers (saves and wins) would be higher if he played a full year as the starter, hence getting him a beter %. Either way he compares closely to Backstrom for a salary range, if you have price ranked better than backstroms 75% than expect him to be a bit higher, if you have him lower than he might be a bit less.

My Comish Draft tool should be done by tomorrow mid day

It will be able to keep track of your picks, access the salary and pos eligibility lists, keep track of the draft and how the picks are going as well as a page to keep track of team rosters.

It is in excel format and information will be put in by the user, I am supplying the template.

The Magnificent One

UW friend, rank my picks as well. you know me from the other league that im going to dominate you in. so how am i looking so far in this one:laugh:
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

i saw the round 4 topic and got excited, what a tease

Dobber Sports Pro

praba wrote:
    if anyone has time perhaps they can put all our picks into a chart so that instead of going through everyones signature one by one checking their team we can just look at the chart, which can be updated frequently. so like the teams on the horizontal bars with their selected players below for the columns. im sure whoever does it will get karma from all the active users lol. and hopefully someone will do it because i think its quite useful

Comish Comment: It\'s all being compiled by The Comish

[file name=Dynasty_Draft_Sheet.xls size=64000]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/Dynasty_Draft_Sheet.xls[/file]
    [file name=DraftSummary.xls size=22528]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/DraftSummary.xls[/file]

Something like this...B)
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Initiate

Chicleteur wrote:
    ultrawhiteness wrote:
    cammy in the 3rd isn\'t bad, but you could get screwed if cammy gets traded and ends up playing exclusively center
    You see that\'s one of the reason I went Brown instead of Cammer.
    Thats the reason I had Brown above Cammi on my list to... Unfortunately, I got SCREWED!!! lol. Brown, Michalek... Screwed I tell you!!!