Thread: Trying for Crosby

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trying for Crosby

Team/League in sig.
    This is the first time that I'm attempting to go after Sid because I think that I've got enough high end forwards to do it finally without losing all my depth.

I've contacted the GM who owns Crosby to see what he's thinking, he was close to moving him last year. He is shallow at forward.

So whats a good starting point for me to offer?

Tavares
    Kane
    Toews
    Giroux
    Kopitar
    Getzlaf
    RNH
    Mackinnon

A package containing a few of those players should hopefully get it done and I'm willing to overpay because I think Crosby will have a monster season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If possible, try and hang onto Tavares, Kane, Giroux.

I'd offer any 3 of the remaining players, with a starting bid of: Toews, Kopitar & RNH

Tavares
    Kane
    Toews
    Giroux
    Kopitar
    Getzlaf
    RNH
    Mackinnon
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports All-Star

Honestly, your forward corps is so awesome that I'm thinking that I'd rather keep your players instead and just dominate with wave after wave of high end forwards. I'd make an exception if you could find a way to replace at least 2 of the forwards with players that can be somewhat serviceable and produce 70 pts+.

I'm going to guess that the price will probably be at least Tavares or Giroux + one of Toews or Kane or Kopitar. If you could do it for Kopitar and Getz, or RNH or MacKinnon, I'd do it. As it stands now, I like your side a lot better since it looks like you can win as is.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    Tavares
    Kane
    Toews
    Giroux
    Kopitar
    Getzlaf
    RNH
    Mackinnon

A package containing a few of those players should hopefully get it done and I'm willing to overpay because I think Crosby will have a monster season.
    The hardest part for you is that you can't ask for his top player and not (at LEAST) give up one of your top three.

I think you NEED to start by saying this "I'm interesting in Crosby, I'm willing to give up two of my better players for him... do I have anybody you like?".

Just start the dialogue.
    Even if he asks for too much (Tavares + P.Kane), get him on the line.

The math goes:
    Crosby + Waiver Wire Player
    vs.
    PlayerA + PlayerB

In a 9-team, 12F league, your "waiver wire player" is a similar value to the #108 scoring forward in a full-NHL-season... that's probably 50pts, I'd guess. (Go to ESPN.com and sort by forwards in 2011-2012 to check).

So... IF you think Crosby scores 120pts, that's 170pts for the pair.
    Giving up a 90pt Tavares + 80pt Toews/P.Kane is about even... but you want to WIN this trade.

Start by getting him on the line.
    Realistically, I think you'll have to offer maybe P.Kane/Toews to get it done.

Dobber Sports Genius

start off by offering two players, I'd keep Tavares/Giroux/Kane out of it at first to gauge his interest.

Maybe something like Toews + RNH and start the discussion.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The hardest part for you is that you can't ask for his top player and not (at LEAST) give up one of your top three.

I think you NEED to start by saying this "I'm interesting in Crosby, I'm willing to give up two of my better players for him... do I have anybody you like?".

Just start the dialogue.
    Even if he asks for too much (Tavares + P.Kane), get him on the line.

The math goes:
    Crosby + Waiver Wire Player
    vs.
    PlayerA + PlayerB

In a 9-team, 12F league, your "waiver wire player" is a similar value to the #108 scoring forward in a full-NHL-season... that's probably 50pts, I'd guess. (Go to ESPN.com and sort by forwards in 2011-2012 to check).

So... IF you think Crosby scores 120pts, that's 170pts for the pair.
    Giving up a 90pt Tavares + 80pt Toews/P.Kane is about even... but you want to WIN this trade.

Start by getting him on the line.
    Realistically, I think you'll have to offer maybe P.Kane/Toews to get it done.
    Only if the other guy feels Crosby Isn't the best player in the world. IMO, You're not getting anywhere close to Crosby if Tavares is not one of the 2 (atleast) superstars coming back. Tavares/Kane or Tavares/Toews and probably a draft pick.

I hope it works out for you but you need to understand who it is you're asking for.

Pengwin is right, ... start with his offers but don't be surprised if this is the return (and I'm not even confident I'd trade my Crosby for this). But I, like you have Taveres and NOT Crosby... I would actually encourage you to keep J.T. and watch what he will become.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    Team/League in sig.
    This is the first time that I'm attempting to go after Sid because I think that I've got enough high end forwards to do it finally without losing all my depth.

I've contacted the GM who owns Crosby to see what he's thinking, he was close to moving him last year. He is shallow at forward.

So whats a good starting point for me to offer?

Tavares
    Kane
    Toews
    Giroux
    Kopitar
    Getzlaf
    RNH
    Mackinnon

Try RNH+Kopitar+a pick