View Poll Results: Should I go for the trade?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes go for it!

4 66.67%
  • No don't go for it!

2 33.33%

Thread: Barkov,Mueller,Mcdonald for Grigorenko,Couturier,MSP

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Barkov,Mueller,Mcdonald for Grigorenko,Couturier,MSP

(MY TEAM) Sean Couturier,Mikhail Grigorenko,Magnus Paajarvi

for

Aleksander Barkov,Peter Mueller,Andy McDonald

Basically he wants to get rid of Mueller and McDonald because they arent in the NHL and my team is tanking to get the 1st overall pick. I dont want MSP so this is BASICALLY a Couturier,Grigs for Barkov. Deal or no deal?

I...am your father.

Do it. You want Barkov
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Grigorenko is a very good prospect but I think Barkov is even better. And Courtier is a third line center for what looks like at least several years. As usual, I voted for the side with the best player, Barov.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm gonna side with Barkov. I love Grigo but I think Barkov might just be a notch better.

Also, I've seen this a few times recently and it bugs me. It's Magnus Paajarvi, he dropped the Svenson awhile ago. But even if you want to use the name to abbreviate, it's MPS not MSP.

That's all I've got.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe I am an idiot or smoking something different from the other posters in this thread, but I wouldn't do this trade.

First let me say, the whole tanking issue bothers the hell out of me but that's a whole other thread.

Barkov is going to be a very good player, but there is no way I would deal 3 young NHL players for him, none of which have even scratched the surface of their NHL potential.

It's your team, do what you feel is best for it (even if that means tanking which I am strongly opposed to) but I personally think this trade stinks. Don't be surprised if other GMs don't throw a fit watching you trade 3 young players for 1 young player and two non-players (one retired, and one in Europe). It's easy to see why the other GM wants to do it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Do it. You want Barkov
    Mr. Dobber. I have to ask the obvious question. Your guide has Grigorenko with a higher upside than Barkov (92 versus 87)...and Girgorenko is also listed with a higher 3YP (72 versus 68). Plus the OP is throwing in two other young players.

It's a keeper league and this guy is looking to tank...so obviously this year does not matter.

Why are you advising the OP to go against your own predictions?

What am I missing?

Dobber Sports Monster

He also offered

Barkov,Mueller,McDonald

for my

Hamilton,Paajarvi,Grigorenko

If this deal doesn't go through I am going to offer another manager Hamilton for Monahan

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan712 View Post
    He also offered

Barkov,Mueller,McDonald

for my

Hamilton,Paajarvi,Grigorenko

If this deal doesn't go through I am going to offer another manager Hamilton for Monahan
    This deal stinks just as bad as the other one. Brutal trade for your team.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Do it. You want Barkov
    I did this trade

Grigorenko,Hamilton,Paajarvi

For

Barkov,Mueller,McDonald

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Mr. Dobber. I have to ask the obvious question. Your guide has Grigorenko with a higher upside than Barkov (92 versus 87)...and Girgorenko is also listed with a higher 3YP (72 versus 68). Plus the OP is throwing in two other young players.

It's a keeper league and this guy is looking to tank...so obviously this year does not matter.

Why are you advising the OP to go against your own predictions?

What am I missing?
    I'm very interested in reading Dobber response to this comment.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan712 View Post
    I did this trade

Grigorenko,Hamilton,Paajarvi

For

Barkov,Mueller,McDonald
    Wow. Good luck. I hope Barkov was worth it.

I think you were nuts to do this but that's just one mans opinion.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Wow. Good luck. I hope Barkov was worth it.

I think you were nuts to do this but that's just one mans opinion.
    Yeah thanks. Honestly I am a little worried making this trade but I'm more sold on Barkov than Grigs and with getting Larsson and Murray in the draft I felt I was able to use Hamilton to push the deal. There are so many bad drops in our league it's insane so I think I will be able to recoupe a forward very fast. Our draft went like this the other day

1. Mackinnon - me
    2. Drouin
    3. Jones
    4. Nichushkin
    5. Lee Stepniak

Barkov went 8th overall and Max Domi went 17th overall. I tool Elias Lindholm 16th overall (2nd round pick)