Thread: Help with last keeper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Help with last keeper

League stats and info in my sig.

R. Johansen - lots of hype, poor track record and there is now competition for a top six role
    M. Backlund - slightly improving, bad team but very little competition for top 6 role, has not lived up to hype
    Pavelski - solid 60 point guy but now 29 and Big Joe is still around and Couture is more talented
    Bennett - high risk / high reward, has shown some chemistry with Geno and Neal, less competition with Iggy and Morrow gone

I'm leaning towards Bennett simply because as my final keeper I can really hit a home run if he clicks with Geno and Neal. The others may still do well but I see the upside more limited by team circumstances.

Thank you,
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Deity

Pavelski is the obvious choice to me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

If you are going for the win, I'd take Pavelski. If you're going through a rebuild of any type, then Bennett.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

Pavelski's value is only going to rise...there's a reason San Jose just locked him up long-term. He's the very easy and obvious keeper option here to me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the input guys. Pavelski has been a keeper of mine for a few years and his production has been very steady but just not star calliber. I am a contender so I'll go with the safe bet. I was hoping someone would support my gambling ways lol.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Pro

At best I'd say Bennett will match Pavelski's production this season...with far more risk associated with him achieving the feat. So no, definitely go with Pavs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd go Bennett.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    I'd go Bennett.